Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #61
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Don't expect a long review from me, however, I truly enjoyed this short film. It was hard NOT to have high expectations for "Good Wilt Hunting". I believe a solid majority of us have been wanting to know why Wilt is the way he is physically and emotionally, and with GWH, we finally get to witness Wilt's past with his creator (being Jordan Michaels) and his basketball rival -- Foul Larry. I enjoyed how Wilt discovered Floofy, and that he was able to find her kid. That just proves to you how he is certainly a true gentleman. Ed and Nina were awesome. That was one of my favorite aspects of the movie. I would love to go on, but I may have to wait until the Thanksgiving weekend ends. I really can't think of a whole lot to say right now. I definitely enjoyed GWH, and the staff has done a wonderful job with it. I look forward to Season Five, which I assume will begin after the holidays.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #62
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
Oh man, do I like it!!! We finally got to know part of Wilt!!

Spoiler Below
I'm surprised that he would look like that with his eye a-okay and two arms before he lost the game saving his creator!!! And I'm also surprised that's how Wilt lost his arm and eye!! At least it wasn't violent, that's for sure.

I finally get to saw some other expressions on his face! (What? A Wilt-fan like me has to see some expressions on his face! There's still alot I needed to see!)

I'm also surprised that his creator is just like Wilt!!! Well, Actally, a little. It can't be dramatic like say, Wilt was really sorry that he lost but his creator ain't forgiving him until Wilt left and Wilt be stuck like this for life.

I *Love* the ending credits! Wilt's like a coach at the basket ball game! *So* LOL!!

And it's *so* cute that Wilt accedentally said "Chwisthmath" instead of "Christmas" to the small friend! KAWAII!!!!

The rest was good, and I gave it an "A", so, YAY!!!^^

Those end credits are the funniest thing I've ever seen on tv! You know those "soccer dads" you hear about on the news, who get in fights at games when somebody disses their kid, or the ref makes a bad call? That's Wilt, through-and-through! They probably had to leave the game early before he pulled a Bobby Knight or something!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #63
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Douglas and Adam

<snip>
wait, they were named douglas and adam, wow that is even better.

42 (the number on one of their chests) is from Douglas Adams 5 part trilogy "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" so many shows, and even programs honor him.

For anyone too young to know what I am talking about, go out and pick up the book, it is great
Old 11-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #64
Sumshine 904
Settling In
Right.  

Send a message via AIM to Sumshine 904

OMG THE MOVIE WAS SO ADORABLE! I almost cried when I saw how Wilt lost his arm and messed his eye up... *sniffel* IT WAS SOOOOO TOUCHIIIIING!

-Wilt, "Good Wilt Hunting"
Sumshine 904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #65
podpazie
Newly Abandoned
I got a Coupon  

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ugs View Post
wait, they were named douglas and adam, wow that is even better.

42 (the number on one of their chests) is from Douglas Adams 5 part trilogy "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" so many shows, and even programs honor him.

For anyone too young to know what I am talking about, go out and pick up the book, it is great
There have been sooo many little things in the show that elude to Hitchhikers, I love it!!!

I must have read that book in... geesh, grade school, and then picked it up again all tattered and dog-eared when the movie came out. A must read for all ages!
podpazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #66
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

First of all, I have to say that I really loved, not just liked, LOVED this tv movie! It had so much heart and the humor balanced it out nicely as well. There were certainly many tear-worthy moments found throughout the whole thing and I am extremely impressed with how much Wilt's character was brought out in the movie. I can definitely say that I now have even more respect for him as a character and as impossible as this might have seemed at one point...I think I actually like him even more now! XD I am also even impressed with his creator for certain reasons that were found toward the end (I won't mention SPECIFIC reasons because I want to stay as FAR away as I can from spoilers right now mainly because of the fact that there might STILL be people that didn't get a chance to see the movie yet! But the rest of you that have seen it might know what I mean XP). I give this movie an A, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Coco

Coco I feel was greatly left out of the movie. The only thing we learn about her is that she was discovered on an island all by herself. Even though the questions actually arose of what happened to her kid, and why she was there all alone, you never get the answer. Technically even if she answered we wouldn’t be able to understand her, but still. Coco holds even more mystery then Wilt. Whilst now we know where Wilt came from, and how he came about; Coco is still unknown. Well sure, through information leaked on the internet (“Thank Goodness the internet offers nobody any privacy!” ~ Adam) we know she was created on that island by the child who survived a plane crash. But what happened to her child? Why did Coco stay behind? Maybe her child was in fact rescued, but Coco felt she was better off staying on the island where she had grown up. It would have been painful for them to separate like that, but maybe her child also felt Coco was better at home alone on an island. But we won’t know until we finally see what happened to her.
I totally agree with you-I was just a WEE bit disappointed with Coco's role considering the fact that she has a very mysterious past as well and it really wasn't resolved much at all here. In fact, I think it brought up even more questions than before! (Perhaps a tv movie based on Coco will solve that? )

What really surprised me was how Wilt REALLY lost his arm and damaged his eye! At one point (around when I saw seasons 1 and 2) I thought that something similar to that DID happen, but there were "supposedly" too many hints thrown in some of the other episodes (namely the later seasons) that it possibly could've been something...different...to say the least (I don't want to give away any spoilers and plus, I don't feel like going over the hints here-I'm sure some of us have posted them somewhere in the Wilt thread, though), but I was wrong!

I'm listing this as a semi-spoiler just to be safe:

Spoiler Below
But personally, I was actually glad that I WAS wrong because it would've been bad to have him getting hurt like that intentionally. It's nice that he did something so noble and brave instead. I'm glad it DID turn out to be that way because it's better than it being over-the-top violent as some people thought at one point.

And yes, the credits were very funny! XD

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 11-23-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #67
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

It WAS still pretty violent how he lost his arm and the use of his left eye, considering that someone WAS intentionally going to hurt someone else, but at least it wasn't all bloody and stuff(that nasty part would have come later, "off camera" so to speak, when that arm eventually would have to have been amputated). And, at least we know that Wilt was NOT the victim of abuse, unless you can consider his mentally beating up himself for what happened. If anything, though, my love for this guy has deepened, along with sincere admiration for his sheer gameness and fortitude that few humans can match. He is a true hero among the best of heroes.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #68
BabyElephant
Settling In

It finally happened! I'm not going to give a big long review, but man, whatta movie! I gotta admit, I teared up towards the end there...not the most macho reaction, maybe, but there it is. I wonder if Foul Larry is a reference to Larry Bird...the Celtics and Lakers were huge rivals back in the 80's...maybe one of the writers was a big Lakers fan growing up? Or, then again, maybe it's just sheer coincidence. Wow, stuffing myself silly and GWH, all in one day...truly, we are living in an age of wonder.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #69
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You guys seriously don't need to bother with spoiler tags in this thread I think, ater all the open talk already in here.

I liked it of course - although like I always do, I spent the whole thing wondering just HOW Mac manages to stay away from home for so long without his mom seeming to notice or care. -_- (Speaking of the passage of time, too, how could the gang be out looking for Wilt for supposedly several days when the Creator Picnic was only a weekend? If the first part of the movie was Saturday, and they left to search for Wilt Sunday morning, then how come when they got back to Foster's "days" later the "weekend" was just ending? I'm probably just confused, I can be kind of dense sometimes.)

I admit I could sort of see why Wilt may have had to have his arm amputated after such a bad break in multiple places (his arm being so long and thin perhaps setting the bone just wasn't possible), but why did his eye suddenly become rattly just from being smacked with a basketball? I thought at first that Larry landed on his eyestalk too (which of course would rupture the eye and explain why Wilt got a false one, even one that obviously wasn't made specially for him) but having his eye suddenly shrink and become unblinking etc just didn't work for me. (Sorry.) But I guess they just didn't want to make it too violent. I'll bet anything that this origin was created long after the character himself was, and they had to find an origin to fit him rather than design a character to go with a pre-conceived origin.

Okay I have this thing recorded on my computer already and of course I wil have screenshots asap. Do you guys think I should upload the movie somewhere right away or wait until after its aired a couple more times? Would it matter? I don't want to make the people who don't get (American) CN or whatever wait, but I don't want to post it so soon it hurts the movie's ratings. Perhaps today was the only day that mattered, does anyone know?

I'm jealous of CG and her banner-ad-free copy. Even the end credits weren't safe.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #70
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

It's up to you, chief. I would love for people that could not see it to have access to the movie ASAP, but I can understand why one would choose to wait for the uploading. Your call.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote