Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #61
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
Well, I still have sympathy for Berry. This episode didn?t really change anything for me; I love her as a villain, but I still believe that Imaginary Friends are pretty much innocent creatures. In most cases, they?re created the way they are, and behave in a way that they really can?t control. I highly doubt Berry was ?normal? and suddenly decided to become an obsessed lunatic; that?s the point I?ve tried to make. She?s a victim of her own existence.

At any rate, I loved her plan in this episode, as I said in her discussion topic.
Hey, it's fine, if you feel that way for Berry, and that you believe she's a victim. As for Berry being innocent, I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I always believe in the "innocent until proven guilty" deal, and to me, she is definitely guilty. Don't take it personal, but that's how I look at it.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #62
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Hey, it's fine, if you feel that way for Berry, and that you believe she's a victim. As for Berry being innocent, I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. I always believe in the "innocent until proven guilty" deal, and to me, she is definitely guilty. Don't take it personal, but that's how I look at it.
You have to look at the larger picture, though. I know that this is all just a matter of opinion, but seeing how somebody already said “I don’t think anyone can honestly have sympathy for Berry and her “supposed” abuse possibility after this episode”, I feel like I have to make my point. If a child is raised from birth to be a killer, and the child kills somebody, is the child truly to blame? No, the child would be a victim of their own upbringing; they would still be wrong for doing what they did, but the person truly responsible would be the individuals who raised the child to be a killer.

In Berry’s case, I don’t think she was created normally and decided one day to just go insane and become obsessed with Bloo. I’m fairly confident that her creator, whether intentionally or unintentionally, created an extremely unstable Imaginary Friend. Berry has a lot of emotional issues; she isn’t coping with her emotional issues very well, but it isn’t her fault that she has them.

Imaginary Friends don’t have the same luxuries that humans have. They aren’t allowed to grow up and really develop their own sense of selves. They’re just poofed into existence, regardless of how imperfect they may be. You can’t look at Berry in black-and-white and dismiss her as nothing but evil.

Edit: And what exactly did you mean when you said “if you feel that way for Berry”? I said I loved her as a villain; I didn’t say I was in love with her. I’m probably reading your comment incorrectly, but it sounded suggestive.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 09-14-2007 at 09:10 PM.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #63
Alandra
Newly Abandoned
We can escape our reality and escape into the world of Fosters, even if it is for 30 minutes  

Send a message via MSN to Alandra Send a message via Yahoo to Alandra

I just saw that episode on the marithon on Cartoon Network, I had a tiny bit of suspicion when I heard the "Rich Boys" name was Berry. But I watched it, It shocked me.. complete plot twist like eveybody else said, nearley scared me there for a sec when I saw the sculpture of Bloo, ehehe gotta love Berry at times

Alandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #64
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Whoo! This is an awesome episode! The most shocking twist in all of Fosters history(which I didn't see coming, despite all the clues, despite the fact that I saw on this forums that Berry was comin' back for a new episode, and despite the fact that they pronounced Barry identical to Berry!) All the more awesome for having Duchess, she was so cute with her "Introduce me, introduce me!" bouncing up and down. She managed to appear in an episode where she wasn't the biggest b**ch! And the fact that Mac & Bloo were so identical was so cool too. A freind of mine vouched the opinion that Bloo is pretty much Mac when hyper. IT's eerily true!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:31 AM   #65
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the brief appearance of Richie Wildebrat at Mac's school. I can't possibly be the only one who saw him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Tsk, Cass.
Lol, jj gets it. She's nobody.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #66
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I was very tired, and there were a lot of posts to go through.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be hearing about this for some time.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #67
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Also, you have to wonder how Berry managed to get free from the rubber-band ball she was trapped in from "Berry Scary".

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #68
Alandra
Newly Abandoned
We can escape our reality and escape into the world of Fosters, even if it is for 30 minutes  

Send a message via MSN to Alandra Send a message via Yahoo to Alandra

Only to get herself Stuck in another one again,

Alandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #69
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
As for sympathizing Berry, yeah -- I certainly do NOT. She should be in prison for a LONG time, for what she had tried to do to a young boy.
Eep!

Ever since I saw this episode, I've had one constant thought: "What will happen to Berry in the fancomunity NOW?" Because after she elbowed Mac in Berry Scary she became hated amongst a lot of fans, which was completely ridiculous XD ...But now that she actually tried to KILL Mac, I bet there will be flame wars (and I'm of course referring to places like DeviantArt where all the rabid "fangirls" gather in masses)

I like Berry, I'm all pro killing XD Even though Mac is my favorite character
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #70
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I love it how its a big major deal that Duchess and Terrence basically tried to kill Bloo (and possibly Mac) in the pilot, and that Berry tried to kill Mac in this ep; and yet no one (fans or characters) ever batted an eye at the fact that Mac threw his own brother to an Extremasaur to save Bloo in the pilot...Terrence and Duchess were essentially EATEN - NO one knew they would be spit out like they were. And no one cared if they had lived or died. It doesn't matter if they're antagonists, they would have been dead due to the actions of a small child. And yet this is somehow okay while other similar events are not?

At the end of the day, it's still a cartoon and these situations are presented to us as entertainment. I just think its hypocritical to treat them differently just because one might like one character better than another. If you're going to talk about Berry going to jail for what she did then perhaps Mac should answer for what he did as well?

No one has to answer that, I just had to say it.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote