Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #61
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

As bad as Mac's mom is, believe me, she could be worse. She could be a psychotic control freak like Lois from Malcolm in the Middle.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #62
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Well, according to BFAHP, Mom at least knows about Madame Foster:

I know, its just the game and not necessarily canon - but still, either its a bad mistake or a clue...I dunno.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #63
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I seriously don't see Mac's mom in this light.....AT ALL. I don't think she was heartless when she told Mac to get rid of Bloo, I think she felt she was doing it for him to grow up and not rely on Bloo so much. Not as some kind of punishment.

But truth be told, I think she really just didn't understand how important imaginary friends are to people or Mac. I don't think she hates them and judging by how she seems to treat mac during the Christmas and Slumber party episodes, she really cares for him.

She concerns about him and isn't the mean, monster of a mother people seem to be making her out to be just because she decided to get Bloo out of the house. Honestly, I think she is now fully aware of how important they are to Mac's life.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-13-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #64
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I still believe it was heartless to force Mac to give up someone he cares about greatly, even if Mom meant well. Maybe, my tune will change one day, but not right now.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #65
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I seriously don't see Mac's mom in this light.....AT ALL. I don't think she was heartless when she told Mac to get rid of Bloo, I think she felt she was doing it for him to grow up and not rely on Bloo so much. Not as some kind of punishment.

But truth be told, I think she really just didn't understand how important imaginary friends are to people or Mac. I don't think she hates them and judging by how she seems to treat mac during the Christmas and Slumber party episodes, she really cares for him.

She concerns about him and isn't the mean, monster of a mother people seem to be making her out to be just because she decided to get Bloo out of the house. Honestly, I think she is now fully aware of how important they are to Mac's life.
MY reason for disliking the woman to some extent is not so much how she treats Mac, but her view of Imaginary Friends. I mean, these are living, feeling, sentient beings, yet to her they are no more than a piece of garbage to be disposed of when you get tired of them. She had no more compassion for what might have happened to Bloo if he'd been thrown out of the house than if he were a plastic fork from the previous night's dinner! She gives no evidence that she ever thinks about him now, that she thinks Mac has "gotten rid of him". She apparently doesn't worry about the well-being of her OWN Imaginary Friend, either. It's like I've often stated, you can go to jail for tossing a dog or cat out on its own to survive(or not), and most people would consider doing so a horrible thing worthy of punishment, yet that same compassion isn't extended to other living things that are just as intelligent, articulate and emotional as WE are! It is also a cruelty to the child who still obviously loves the Imaginary Friend in question, whether it's done out of "punishment" is irrelevent. Regardless of the motive of the parent for wanting the Imaginary Friend gone, it still winds up punishing the child by putting him/her under tremendous emotional stress. Mac might LOVE his mom deeply, but his TRUST in her has been shaken, otherwise he would not feel the need to sneak around to visit Bloo.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:35 AM   #66
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
MY reason for disliking the woman to some extent is not so much how she treats Mac, but her view of Imaginary Friends. I mean, these are living, feeling, sentient beings, yet to her they are no more than a piece of garbage to be disposed of when you get tired of them. She had no more compassion for what might have happened to Bloo if he'd been thrown out of the house than if he were a plastic fork from the previous night's dinner! She gives no evidence that she ever thinks about him now, that she thinks Mac has "gotten rid of him". She apparently doesn't worry about the well-being of her OWN Imaginary Friend, either. It's like I've often stated, you can go to jail for tossing a dog or cat out on its own to survive(or not), and most people would consider doing so a horrible thing worthy of punishment, yet that same compassion isn't extended to other living things that are just as intelligent, articulate and emotional as WE are! It is also a cruelty to the child who still obviously loves the Imaginary Friend in question, whether it's done out of "punishment" is irrelevent. Regardless of the motive of the parent for wanting the Imaginary Friend gone, it still winds up punishing the child by putting him/her under tremendous emotional stress. Mac might LOVE his mom deeply, but his TRUST in her has been shaken, otherwise he would not feel the need to sneak around to visit Bloo.

pitbulllady
::applauds:: You are correct sir....I mean mam.

Oh and might I add, Wilt is a prime example of what can happen when you force an Imaginary out the door (if that was the case), they get into serious trouble sometimes. Poor Wilt.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)

Last edited by LaBlooGirl; 11-14-2006 at 03:37 AM.
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #67
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I still believe it was heartless to force Mac to give up someone he cares about greatly, even if Mom meant well. Maybe, my tune will change one day, but not right now.

My feelings as well!
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #68
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

My only wonder is exactly how familar with the concept of imaginary friends is Mac's mom? We know she knows about Bloo, but they never really state if she ever knew him personally or ever talked to him or did anything like that. I don't think she realized how human like he was.

Because we don't get any idea of what happens in Mac's life prior to "House of Bloo's", we can't really tell how Mac's mom interacted with Bloo or actually saw him. I honestly think she was just doing something in the stupid lines of "Best for her son".

However, we also have no idea how she would feel about imaginary friends now. People change and I can't recall anything recent saying Mac's mom still hating imaginary friends. Mac still freaks out over the fear his mom may find out, but I wonder if she would react differently now.

We've gone through quite a few episodes since "House of Bloo's" and even characters like Mr. Herriman, Wilt, Eduardo, and Mac have broken out of their character "roles" and shown new sides of themselves. I don't think its totally impossible for Mac's mom to possibly have a different view on IFs now.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #69
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post

We've gone through quite a few episodes since "House of Bloo's" and even characters like Mr. Herriman, Wilt, Eduardo, and Mac have broken out of their character "roles" and shown new sides of themselves. I don't think its totally impossible for Mac's mom to possibly have a different view on IFs now.
That would be neat, actually. Maybe I could learn to like her then, if she proved to have a different view of things after all. Like in GWH, if she DOES show up to see HER Imaginary, that would be pretty cool...and who knows in that moment she could realize how much she missed her Imaginary, and understand Mac better in the process.....and do something like say it was okay for him to visit Bloo on a daily basis, even if he couldn't live with them anymore.

Now that would just make her likable, wouldn't it?

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #70
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

My point is to not judge characters simply on earlier episodes or statements. Good exmaple. I felt Frankie's reaction to the dumping of her computer in "World wide wabbit" was a bit out of touch for her, though funny it sure as hell was.

But then someone pointed out it was an earlier episode and as we have seen, Frankie is not that "weird" with her stuff. Same with Bloo. Bloo was actually more mellow and less rude or dim then he was back then as opposed to how he is now.

Bloo changed alot and I don't think its fair to hold things against characters when it was seasons ago since we last saw any further signs of this IF bashing from Mac's Mom. Evereyone deserves a second chance, don't judge her entire existance on one episode forever.