Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #61
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

what CC said =D
oh and I too welcome you to NF
Old 11-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #62
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

She's also the series' supervising producer, and married to Mr. McCracken.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #63
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Thanks for the heads up Lauren!

That's disgusting that this guy is selling promotional items ahead of the premiere.

We look forward to more amazing FHFIF shows. My kids & I are loyal fans!
Carlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #64
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Whatever this guy is up to, I don't like it one bit! Oh, and weclome to the forum, Lauren!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #65
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_named_goo View Post
Hey guys. This is Lauren Faust, I write for the show. I just wanted to post about this. These are promotional items that are usually sent to reviewers before the premiere. It is REALLY REALLY BAD that this person is selling it. ESPECIALLY before it airs on TV. Let me explain: Say whoever buys this puts it YouTube. Then everyone who watches it on the internet won't tune in for the premiere. Then the premiere will get lower ratings than it would have. Then the folks at CN and Mattel say, "gee, I guess Foster's isn't as popular as we thought. Maybe we shouldn't greenlight 6th season/put out lots and lots of Foster's toys."

If this guy waited until after the premiere, that would have been another thing. Please don't support this guy. What he's doing is wrong.

And while I'm here, I'd like to thank you all for this forum, which I check regularly. Of all the animation forums that discuss our show, yours is the most thoughtful. You are all honest about your opinions without being judgemental or rude, and you discuss what we do with intelligence and depth.

Yay for you guys!!:bloogrin
Thank you SO much for your comments, Lauren! They really do mean a lot to me, and I'm sure that I'm speaking for the rest of the members and "crew" on this forum, as well! I suspected that this person on Ebay was someone who'd gotten stuff for reviewing, and it's so sad that he/she is deciding to sell it. Such an item to me, like that huge Wilt doll that Sparky made and you and Craig signed for my birthday, would be absolutely priceless, like a family heirloom, and there is no way I would part with it. I'm by no means a rich person, and often DO get "hard-up for money", as we say down South, but I'm old enough to appreciate the emotional value of things more than the financial values, since the latter will always go up and down, and eventually down, while the emotional worth of something always increases to the person it means the most to.

Again, thank you!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #66
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_named_goo View Post
Hey guys. This is Lauren Faust, I write for the show. I just wanted to post about this. These are promotional items that are usually sent to reviewers before the premiere. It is REALLY REALLY BAD that this person is selling it. ESPECIALLY before it airs on TV. Let me explain: Say whoever buys this puts it YouTube. Then everyone who watches it on the internet won't tune in for the premiere. Then the premiere will get lower ratings than it would have. Then the folks at CN and Mattel say, "gee, I guess Foster's isn't as popular as we thought. Maybe we shouldn't greenlight 6th season/put out lots and lots of Foster's toys."

If this guy waited until after the premiere, that would have been another thing. Please don't support this guy. What he's doing is wrong.

And while I'm here, I'd like to thank you all for this forum, which I check regularly. Of all the animation forums that discuss our show, yours is the most thoughtful. You are all honest about your opinions without being judgemental or rude, and you discuss what we do with intelligence and depth.

Yay for you guys!!:bloogrin
Hey, Lauren! It's good to have you here again (first time since switching to vBulletin). Thanks for bringing this up. I considered sending you a message on this, but now, it isn't necessary. I wasn't going to plan on getting this, anyway. If somehow this gets cracked on the Internet before it premieres, we're going to see if we can have the video removed (I don't plan to watch it before the premiere, should it be leaked to YouTube or similar pages). I don't want this to hurt GWH's ratings, and I believe this show deserves a sixth season. Thanks again for what you and the rest of the gang have done.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 11-05-2006 at 02:02 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #67
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Well either way, it has now risen to $51.00 this other person reeeeally wants that dvd eh?

But thanks for clearing it up Lauren, even if I did happen to be the one to win this (I doubt, really I do) I wouldn't upload it anywhere. For one, I respect Foster's too much to do that. All I do is make music videoes. And for secondly, I don't have the internet ability to upload entire episodes. Which I wouldn't do, either way.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #68
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Now I want to know whether or not there WILL be a DVD for Good Wilt Hunting...

It's probably a 1/1,000,000,000 chance...
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #69
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Now I want to know whether or not there WILL be a DVD for Good Wilt Hunting...

It's probably a 1/1,000,000,000 chance...
Well, if people buy the upcoming DVDs, then that chance goes way up.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #70
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

See, this is why I bought the GBA Foster's game rather than just downloading the ROM. To support the franchise. (Yeah I finally found one today!)

Thanks Lauren. My watchdogs will sniff out anyone who uploads the ep early and blab on 'em.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote