Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #681
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Btw, sorry if i over did it there and came off too strong or sappy.

Sometimes I don't know when to shut up.
I personally thought that post was way cool of you, Mr. M. And kudos for the song lyrics, that's an awesome song. Josh rocks, I have all his CD's, except Noel, which just came out. I guarantee I will have it by Christmas, though. I too seem to be too sappy and "sweet" at times. I've been told I'm a "motherly" character, always trying to take care of the people I care about, even when things are clearly out of my reach. That being said, *hugs* to you and *hugs* to Cassini. It's so nice learning you're not the "only one".

And on to things that have been ticking me off lately, I so many times martyr myself at work, letting my coworkers do the duties they prefer and I take on the more "undesirable" ones myself. And usually, being a supervisor, I usually end up doing two or three times the work as everyone else because if things don't get done (or done right at least), I'm the one who gets the blame. Not to say the girls I work with are slackers, they usually pull their own weight. But there's just always so much more on my shoulders. Anyway, not only do I not get any appreciation, I many times end up getting taken advantage of. Although I want everyone to be happy, I also want things to be fair, including for me, and I have enough self esteem to stand up for myself when I feel I'm being taken for a ride. And when I do I seem to become the "Evil boss". I just can't seem to win..
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #682
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Isn't work wonderful? I'm afraid I have no real solutions to your problems there, all I can say is that we're here for you when you get back from work. I'm sure we all sympathise.

And as for Cassini and Mr Marshmallow, don't feel like you're any less of a man for any of the stuff you said, or the fact that you said it here. I gotta give the "we support you" line another round, cause we do. I get depressed like that, too sometimes, but we gotta remember that when all's said and done, tommorrow's another day. Endless possibilities.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #683
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Well said, Ub3rD4n! Here here!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #684
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I get random comments from guys on myspace telling me that I'm "sexy". I get random instant messages from guys who have seen my myspace and start calling me "cutie" and "baby" (um, excuse me, but you're not my boyfriend, nor do I even know you). I had just come home from class today and was getting out of my truck when some random construction worker on my street whistled at me...

Yeah, that kind of stuff really ticks me off. I think it's demeaning and insulting. Just..uuuuggghhh...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #685
Diamond Duchess
Banned
I love chocolate cake, I like pencil erasers, too...  

Ah, yes. Right now, it's car accidents. Let's just leave it at that.

Also, being cold. It's freezing cold, but sunny out here. What a contradiction.

Aaand, my answering machine. It's picking up calls faster than I can answer them, which it really annoying.

Yeah, that's about it for now.
Diamond Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #686
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
I get random comments from guys on myspace telling me that I'm "sexy". I get random instant messages from guys who have seen my myspace and start calling me "cutie" and "baby" (um, excuse me, but you're not my boyfriend, nor do I even know you). I had just come home from class today and was getting out of my truck when some random construction worker on my street whistled at me...

Yeah, that kind of stuff really ticks me off. I think it's demeaning and insulting. Just..uuuuggghhh...
Demeaning, insulting, and rude. It's a form of harassment as far as I'm concerned. No one should be subjected to that kind of crap.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #687
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Feeling like a nobody. Like everyone else you ever knew has passed you by and left you in the dust, while you yourself will never accomplish anything. Even watching people who're happy on telly leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I think this is the thing that ticks me off more than anything in the world.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #688
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Currently? I don't want to point names

But I'm feeling really, REALLY left out and ignored by a certain someone. Even though this person has a lot on their hands it shouldn't mean they have to push me away from their priority list, I haven't pushed them away from mine and I'm equally if not more busy

Guess I'm feeling more sad and lonely than ticked off, really. Sometimes even if you have friends and family all around you, if there's a certain person that means the world to you but isn't there, it gets to you
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #689
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

The guy at the football game a few nights ago:
So a few nights ago I went to a CFL game with my dad. We were just sitting and enjoying the game, when we hear this guy, who happends to be sitting behind us, all of a sudden start yelling at everything that's happening in the game. He'd yell at a random player if he thought they did something wrong, he'd yell at the reffs, etc. And we were sitting all they way in the high 500s, so there was absolutly no way they could hear him anyway. But he still yelled and it was reaaally annoying! Then later in the game, he just started to yell at random people who would pass by to leave to go to the washroom or whatever. He'd be like "Hey you! Get outta the f****** way! I'm trying to watch football! F*** you!!" Then there was a point where a girl was trying to get to her seat, which was past him. She was like "Excuse me, I need to get to my seat." and they guy wouldn't let her past him what so ever, and then the guy starts swearing at her!
No one would do anything about this, so it ended up lasting through the whole game! (except the very end. The guy finally left when there were about 5 minutes left.) He was such a jerk! I really wanted to dump my Coke on him or something... But when he finally left, everyone sitting around us pretty much erupted in cheers, I'm not even kidding! Those last 5 minutes of the game were awesome!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #690
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Lately, I've just been very cheesed off about just about everything. Stuff with school work and having to do some of my GCSE's early for no other reason except for being a bright little watt that's in top set for everything at school. I don't WANT to do them early, but what my class mate's say, goes. I hate them all so much...

Then the guy I like, those of you who know me on DA and read my journals know him as either Miller-Pants or The Human Wilt, is too worried about what his friends think, so when I come to speak at him at school, he actaully, quite blatantly backs away. He's fine when his friends aren't around, in fact, he doesn't stop talking, but if somebody pops up his interesting side just shuts dwn and he buggers off. I suppose I understand why he's like that; he's bullied. By this kid in his form, Kyle. He cheeses me off as well. A few weeks ago, I had to be the pupil receptionist for the day, and this Kyle kid had hurt his leg at Lunch Time, while playing football or somtehing. So anyway, he's sat next to me at the front desk, with an ice pack on his leg, and on the other side of me is another kid who hurt his foot while playing football, so he was sat with an ice pack as well. So, they to have a conversation over me about how they'd hurt what ever body part, and then Kyle randomly bought up Miller-Pants, and started rambling about how much of a (deleted) he was, and then started boasting about this one time in French Class, how he punched him the face and knocked him out of his chair, and the poor guy and run out of the room into the language office in tears. I could have kicked the guy, really I could. I couldn't say anything though. Stand up for a guy and you'll be picked on for a life time. So, with that on the side, the whole Miller-Pants situation just annoys me.

My sister recently passed her driving test. My sister recently bought a car. My sister recently turned eighteen. My sister recently bought a house. My sister recently started getting on my nerves.

It's ENDLESS! All everybody ever talks about these days is my sister. Her house, her car, her boyfriend. My Mum keeps calling me Charlotte, which is my sister's name, and I just sit there "Heather." "See you later Charlotte!" "HEATHER!" I never see my parents anymore either, because their always up the road at my sister's house doing something, painting the walls or fixing mirrors to the walls. Then they ask me if I'm excited! No I am bloody not!

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-17-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Foul language removed. Sorry I missed it two years ago.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote