Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #621
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
nick arcade. i forgot just how awsome this show was. and i still find it funny that they gave shoes and nesquik as prizes :p
Yeah but they were weren't any old shoes, they were "British Knights" part of the great British footware invasion of the early 1990's. :p

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #622
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Kim Possible

I always can count on this show to perk me up whenever I'm feeling down, bored, or just bogged down about something. I keep forgetting what an amazing boost this show is and how smart, funny, and downright special it really is.

Disney can spin their wheels all they want, I don't think they will EVER and I do mean EVER come up with a TV show more perfect then Kim Possible.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #623
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Kim Possible

I always can count on this show to perk me up whenever I'm feeling down, bored, or just bogged down about something. I keep forgetting what an amazing boost this show is and how smart, funny, and downright special it really is.

Disney can spin their wheels all they want, I don't think they will EVER and I do mean EVER come up with a TV show more perfect then Kim Possible.
Got that right, dude. Best show that Disney ever aired; nothing else they've done is even close.

Which episode, by the way?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #624
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Got that right, dude. Best show that Disney ever aired; nothing else they've done is even close.

Which episode, by the way?
"Odds man in" in it, Ron becomes a nervous odds freak and worries about all the statistical dangers of Kim's super hero life and Drakken runs a cupcake company with Shego to try and build funds for a weather freezing machine device.

Had some very cute Ron/Kim romantic moments and as always, Drakken was a riot. Almost every line out of his mouth makes me laugh especially with the newer episodes. If Kim Possible never does make a return in TV format, I hope at least they maybe make some direct to DVD movies or TV specials or something.

I know it's not much, but direct to DVD movies have given new life to shows like Superman, Futurama, Teen Titans, and plenty of other shows so I think that would be the "most likely" marketing area Kim Possible could resurface. It's a long shot granted but hey, Kim is WORTH hoping for more.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 12-20-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #625
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Drakken was always my favorite character, because he's such an egomaniacal, over-the-top lunatic. Shego was the perfect sidekick for him, too. A direct to DVD movie would be great but given the choice I'd much rather see something on the big screen. I'm not sure a live-action version would work well but I'd certainly go see it, even if Disney decided to cast a dachshund as Rufus, or something equally ridiculous.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-20-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #626
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Drakken was always my favorite character, because he's such an egomaniacal, over-the-top lunatic. Shego was the perfect sidekick for him, too. A direct to DVD movie would be great but given the choice I'd much rather see something on the big screen. I'm not sure a live-action version would work well but I'd certainly go see it, even if Disney decided to cast a dacshund as Rufus, or something equally ridiculous.
I would and I wouldn't. If Disney would be willing to fork over the bucks to put an animated movie in the big screen, then I'd be there in a heartbeat. I would see a live action KP film but I really don't think they would do it justice.

Even with their great movie track record from Enchanted, Pirates, and Ratatouille, I fear a live action Kim Possible would end up looking like their live action Underdog movie and I would DIE before I see KP get turned into something like that.

Actually you know what would be funny if they tried it, a DVD movie or mini special just about Drakken and Shego. They already set the two up at the end of the series, we both know the characters could easily entertain us for 90 minutes and it would be an interesting switch for a change.

Of course nothing would compare to seeing new Kim Possible back on TV again. It seems doubtful considering they just came back from the dead only to end up back there, but Futurama and Family Guy were saved before as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #627
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

The fact that the show was cancelled in the first place tells me that Disney is run by idiots. Why did they do that? KP was a very high-quality show in every way that matters, and as far as I know the ratings were fine. It doesn't make any sense.

Ugh, I don't even want to think about that Underdog movie. All I saw of it was a poster at the local theater featuring the title character. That was enough.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #628
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I don't think it had anything to do with the shows ratings or anything like that, if I recall I think Disney got into some kind of disagreement or problem with the 2 main creators and they just decided to leave and be done with it. Disney COULD have possibly continued the show without them, but its doubtful it'd be as good.

I thought i read somewhere the creators of Kim Possible were working on another project, a movie or a new show or something, i can't remember. Anyway i know for a fact Kim wasn't dragging them down or anything. The new episodes were loved by all, majority of them got high ratings on TV.com and sites like that.

That's why I hope some DVD movie or TV special or some kind of media of Kim Possible continues to thrive in Disney's media works. I'm hoping they'll have some kind of KP souvenir, ride, photo spot or something like that at Disney World because I MIGHT (stress the word might) be going there in October 2008.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:22 AM   #629
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Shego was the perfect sidekick for him, too.
Out of the few episodes I've seen, I don't think she would appreciate being called a sidekick. I'd say she's more of a partner in crime.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #630
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Out of the few episodes I've seen, I don't think she would appreciate being called a sidekick. I'd say she's more of a partner in crime.
I seem to remember Drakken routinely referring to her as his "sidekick", though in practice she was quite clearly the stronger of the two, both physically and emotionally, and the fact that Drakken was was usually too sheepish and confused to stand up for himself against her snide remarks and occasional physical intimidation afforded her a lot more power than he'd blatantly have liked.

With that in mind, it's quite interesting to go back and watch the "Mind Games" episode in which Kim and Ron switch brains - Shego is portrayed here as a fairly goofy and unco-ordinated sidekick who actually seems to be quite frightened of Drakken. Kind of betrays the fact that it was an early episode, and that the writers at the time were presumably divided as to which direction her character development should go.

My favourite character was Frugal Lucre, by the way.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 06-22-2008 at 08:45 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote