Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #611
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

The last tv show I watched, aside from the evening news, was an episode of a History Channel series called "Monsterquest", where they examine scientific evidence for or against the existence of "cryptids", or mysterious/unknown/undiscovered animals, like Bigfoot or "Champ", the alleged monster in Lake Champlain. The latest episode was a bit of a let-down, and not surprising at all, involving a supposed "hybrid" or "beast" found dead alongside a road in Maine, the photo of which was all over the internet last year. As I had known since first seeing the photos, it turned out to be a domestic dog, probably a Chow mix, hardly some mutant monster wolf it was reported to be. All these witnesses who'd heard a strange noise in the woods at night, or had a small pet dog go missing, were trying to connect that with the "monster", and the woman who took the photos of the carcass swore that this was the same monster canine she'd encountered in her yard the day before(although the dog had obviously been dead for several days). That episode wasn't nearly as intriguing as the one involving a Bigfoot sighting in Ontario, where there was an actual tissue same gleaned from a board studded with nails or screws, that the creature had stepped on. That DNA sample came back as PRIMATE, but neither human nor chimp, though similar to both. The blood-soaked footprint left on the board was 19 inches long. The one on "Champ" was interesting, too, in that they got recordings of something producing bio-sonar(echolocation) deep in the lake, with a pattern that was similar to, but not the same as, a Killer Whale's. As far as we know, only whales and dolphins use underwater echolocation, which seems to indicate an unknown species of freshewater cetacian living in the lake.
One episode made me think of Foster's, though-that was another on the Bigfoot of the Pacific Northwest. Someone had found some alleged footprints, about 18-19 inches long, that had an unusual(for Bigfoot prints)slightly divergent big toe, and the first thing that crossed my mind was, "who stole Wilt's shoes THIS time?"

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #612
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Watch out for that icy patch, It's the Muppet Family Christmas! (AKA One of the greatest Christmas specials, in the history of Christmas specials.)

After all, where else can you see almost every character from the Muppetverse from Fraggle Rock to Sesame Street in 45 minuet extravaganza?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #613
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Boston Legal

I honestly don't think this show is as deliberately or intentionally insulting to women, as I know some that don't have a problem with the show at all and find it to be quite funny. I honestly think this is truly one of the most well written TV shows on the air, and the outrageously unique, and diverse cast of quirky characters makes it impossible for me not to enjoy every minute of it.

William Shatner and James Spader are top notch as the primary characters and while we all may know slick, sexual obsessed people in RL like them, I find them to be too irresistible to dislike even in the slightest. This latest episode was no exception, the writing and little "closing speeches" the characters give at cases feel so smart and fresh to me. I can't wait to own this shows seasons on DVD
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:31 AM   #614
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Watch out for that icy patch, It's the Muppet Family Christmas! (AKA One of the greatest Christmas specials, in the history of Christmas specials.)
I missed it? When and where was it on, taranchula? I love that special and I've sworn to myself that I wouldn't miss it this year.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #615
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I missed it? When and where was it on, taranchula? I love that special and I've sworn to myself that I wouldn't miss it this year.
Oh, actually I was watching my old VHS copy of the special.

So don't worry, you didn't miss it. As far as I know anyways.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #616
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Oh, actually I was watching my old VHS copy of the special.

So don't worry, you didn't miss it. As far as I know anyways.
Ah, that makes sense. I haven't seen that show advertised on any of the usual stations yet. I suppose YTV will air it at some point. Probably when I'm busy with something else, no doubt.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #617
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

death note- encounter.

the more i get into this show the better it gets. L is awsome
Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #618
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

The season finale and reunion of Survivor. Definitely not as strong a season as previous ones. And there was no car prize this time. That really left me scratching head.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #619
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

nick arcade. i forgot just how awsome this show was. and i still find it funny that they gave shoes and nesquik as prizes :p
Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #620
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Hehe, it was Danger Mouse this morning. Classic cartoon that.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote