Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #611
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The only reason I don't reveal it to my family or siblings is simply because, that would leave this big ass kind of awkward moment going on for the rest of our lives considering I live with them and see them every day etc. As much as I love Frankie, I would not consider what we or what I have to be insanity.

I think insanity would be if someone actually found a REAL girl and then got her to dress up like Frankie, talk like Frankie, change her name and all that stuff. THAT I would consider true straight jacket material. I think the funny thing about cartoon crushes is they are actually apart of the norms in a sense.

People fantasize about celebs because they know odds are they will NEVER meet those celebs, male or female, and they have crushes on em and still profess love to em. Frankie is the same way. She is impossible to obtain as a desire, yet people still have love for her and crushes on her.

I find celeb fantasies and toon fantasies to be very similar, the only 2 MAJOR differences are: Obviously one's real and one's not (and if you confuse those then I would be worried), but the other is that cartoons don't have things like drugs, rape, and all those things that can destroy people in RL.

Frankie being a toon would never associate with anything bad or "wrong" if you will, but not JUST cause she's a toon but also because of who she is. Being as loving as she is, she's as about as wholesome as you can get. The only drug addiction she has is with chocolate chip cookies .

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-30-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #612
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Frankie: My anti drug. I feel the same way as you, Mr.Marsmellow. I live with my folks and it WOULD be awkward if I told them that I have a crush on Frankie. It's not wrong or unhealthy. And you are very right about (attempting to) turning a real person into an unrelated crush, cartoon or otherwise.
Thank goodness for messageboards! With them we can convers openly about the flame of our lives amongst others who share our passion and not face riddicule for it.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:06 PM   #613
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

My Fiancee hates the fact I love Frankie. She hates the fact I love to watch Foster's, but she accepts it with a stiff upper lip...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:16 PM   #614
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

I see no harm in it as long as one acknowledges that it's just fantasy and that there aren't really a lot of girls out there like Frankie or guys with long eyelashes and thin lean girlish bodies and pointy chins and soft wispy hair and tragic pasts and so on.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #615
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I see no harm in it as long as one acknowledges that it's just fantasy and that there aren't really a lot of girls out there like Frankie or guys with long eyelashes and thin lean girlish bodies and pointy chins and soft wispy hair and tragic pasts and so on.
(Sighs) Her hair smells like lavender and roses...

I mean, yeah, it's just a harmless fantasy. It can be an incredibly intense fantasy, though, and it can spill over into your dreams, even your waking life sometimes. The dream I posted on the old Forum was... well, you read it. It wasn't the only one I've had; there have been a number of others that I never posted. It was the most intense, though. And when I'm awake, if I see something that might remind me of her, well, it does remind me of her, and I smile about it. It's sometimes hard for me to believe that she's so much a part of my thoughts, and my life, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I really am a better person for having known her, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #616
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Yeah, but he's not a kid.
Well said! That got me going the first time.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #617
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

WOW!!! Cassini: i just read your dream on the old forums. +1 there chief. I've had dreams like that before Fosters, actually, same exact character type as Frankie. Very attracted to her personality and such, always have been attracted to that set of traits, i guess.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #618
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

They rock!! I'd love to know where you got those images from!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #619
Voxxyn
Banned

I took these images myself. I have a folder which currently contains 200+(and growing) pictures of Frankie, all taken from the episodes I downloaded from the Episodes on Computer thread at the General Board.

Yes, slightly pathetic, I know... but I just can't get enough of her...
Old 12-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #620
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I took these images myself. I have a folder which currently contains 200+(and growing) pictures of Frankie, all taken from the episodes I downloaded from the Episodes on Computer thread at the General Board.

Yes, slightly pathetic, I know... but I just can't get enough of her...
Pathetic? Hardly. I did the same thing, just with a different image source. Last year I picked out 12, blew them up to 8" x 10" and made a beautiful calendar.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Closed Thread