Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #51
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Part 1 is up.
??? Part 1 of what is up where? If you're talking about part 1 of the Imposter's ep is up online for download, please post this in the Episodes On Computer Thread.

edit: Oh, a story. You should have clarified. And maybe you should post a link to it here; one day this forum will be so full of posts that people won't be able to find it easily.

Last edited by Sparky; 10-08-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #52
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

It's in the fanfic section. I personally don't care about episodes online now that the season DVDs are coming out. I'll post a link when I'm finished.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 10-08-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #53
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I was just thinking. Goofball wasn't that awful to Frankie. Yes, he made her extremely miserable, but he did tell her that she took good care of him at the very end of the episode. At least give him credit for that.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #54
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

It's been a while since I last watched the episode, but was it ever clarified why Goofball was afraid of taking off his red nose? That annoyed me throughout the entire episode; there was no reason why he couldn't just show Frankie his elephant nose (while talking with her and Mr. Herriman within the PRIVACY of the latter's office) and be done with it.
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
Old 10-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #55
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I was just thinking. Goofball wasn't that awful to Frankie. Yes, he made her extremely miserable, but he did tell her that she took good care of him at the very end of the episode. At least give him credit for that.
I fail to see how a quick throwaway compliment is supposed to make up for all the undeserved torture she endured that day. Unless the day comes that Goofball apologizes to Frankie and takes her to see one of her favorite bands in concert as penance, I'm not giving him any credit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMars View Post
It's been a while since I last watched the episode, but was it ever clarified why Goofball was afraid of taking off his red nose? That annoyed me throughout the entire episode; there was no reason why he couldn't just show Frankie his elephant nose (while talking with her and Mr. Herriman within the PRIVACY of the latter's office) and be done with it.
Because, like I already said, the whole "human or imaginary" plot was just an excuse to hide the fact that the episode's real purpose was to be as cruel and malicious to Frankie as possible.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 10-14-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #56
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Because, like I already said, the whole "human or imaginary" plot was just an excuse to hide the fact that the episode's real purpose was to be as cruel and malicious to Frankie as possible.
I don't think the creators were purposely, knowlingly, and intentionally trying to "be as cruel and malicious to Frankie as possible." I am unable to fathom why they would do that to their own creation. I think the interactions between Goofball and Frankie were originally meant as comedy, but they were not perceived as humorous. Goofball did give Frankie a horrible time, and I can see why you dislike him with great intensity. You can bash Goofball and I wouldn't really care, but I find that saying "the episode's real purpose was to be as cruel and malicious to Frankie as possible" is a little harsh and one-sided. If I have offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

I sense something bad coming....

Last edited by BlooCheese; 10-14-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #57
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I don't think the creators were purposely, knowlingly, and intentionally trying to "be as cruel and malicious to Frankie as possible." I am unable to fathom why they would do that to their own creation. I think the interactions between Goofball and Frankie were originally meant as comedy, but they were not perceived as humorous.
I agree; I do not believe at all that the creators purposely tried to be as cruel to Frankie as they possibly could. The writers on the show clearly care about the characters, so I don't believe that was their intent.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #58
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

It has happened before. TV creators have been purposely harsh on their characters, sometimes for reasons probably more deeper then ratings or plot points. Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly has a similar trait.

He's a sadist to his characters, especially in Angel's show, you notice things always seem to get worse for certain characters more and more. Who knows whether or not this was an attack on Frankie or not, there's no way to know.

I don't think it was but I can certainly see a strong arguement that it could be. It happened in "Batman Beyond" and "Extreme Ghostbusters" and "Ranma 1/2", trust me it's happened.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #59
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I think the writers did try to write a funny episode but it backfired completely. Maybe they got carried away with the Frankie bashing aspect of the "story" and lost perspective, I don't know. I do know that they deserve credit for making Frankie someone that's so easy to care about, and as much as I hate the episode and as horrible as it made me feel, I tip my hat to them for creating a character that can make me feel that strongly about anything.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #60
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I fail to see how a quick throwaway compliment is supposed to make up for all the undeserved torture she endured that day. Unless the day comes that Goofball apologizes to Frankie and takes her to see one of her favorite bands in concert as penance, I'm not giving him any credit at all.
I'm pretty sure that was done to soften up Goofball after being guaranteed immediate dislike from viewers throughout the entire episode. The actual goal here was to get us to absolutely ABHOR the guy (which they did successfully) and wish for someone to pull the rug from under him at the end. Things turned out completely different; he wasn't a phony, but Frankie still missed her concert and put up with his demands and attitude.
Had I been in Frankie's place, that IF would have been nursing a black eye by the time he left. But that's just me.
Closed Thread