Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #51
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Well what can I say? I quote Cass, "stars!" The ComiCon was an adventure and a half! In both Cass and myself's case, it was "It's a Mad Mad World," meets "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure," meets "Foster's Goes to Europe" all in one. The whole city was insane! Costumed and non-costumed fans all over the place. Parking was horrible, but we took pedal taxis (have a pic). It was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. I needed to get out of Arizona, and this was the way to do it.

My first and most important mission, was to meet Craig and Lauren. I was able to meet Craig in the morning, but Lauren was on the phone. I told him we were picking up another friend at the airport and would be back for signings at 1pm (See Lynnies story about Cass and I trying to meet up with her). Cass and I ran out to the airport to surprise her, with no success. We were cutting it close to signing time, so I illegally dropped Cass off to get sketches done for me and Lynnie. I spent 20 minutes looking for a parking spot which cost $30! I met up with Craig and Lauren finally, and wished her a Happy Birthday. I then had this taken (a little fuzzier than I liked, but good enough):

http://www.imagebam.com/image/4aac0d43260373 - Two of the nicest people to ever meet!

Some of Lauren's MWGG stuff (congrats on the toy store deals!). NOTE: Craig somehow got in the pic:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/31d3d343260366

Here is a ped taxi driver. Most of them are students; great way to get around in the city (note Cass trying to get in the pic - he too is so vain):
http://www.imagebam.com/image/430ad543260359

Later on, we all met up for a wonderful dinner. It was a pleasure meeting with ORD, Sparky, Government Man, Iceburg, Lynnie, and Cass. It was also a pleasure to meet the Frankie and Terrence plushy dolls! They get around geographically more than I do! All of you are great to hang out with. I hope to see many more you at the Con next year!

Last edited by Howard; 07-26-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #52
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Con ended for us yesterday, but here we are now in Anaheim. GM and Iceberg are over at Disneyland with a couple other guys from the Rescue Rangers fanforum they're on. I was with them for a while but my body's had it, I can't walk anymore. So I'm back at the hotel, at least for a while. We're here tomorrow, too. Let me look through my camera and see if I have any good photos to post, but I didn't take all that many. Watching a Cronkite special on the hotel TV right now.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #53
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #54
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

That's fabulous. Not a request he gets very often, I suspect.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #55
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Dude that is fantastic! I will be posting mine soon.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

It was another great day. Slept until eleven, the best night sleep I've gotten in over a week I think. Bummed around my hotel for an hour or so before I moseyed on down to the trolley station and made my way to the Convention Center. It was nice not having to rush. Ord and I hooked up, and I just followed him around the exhibit hall all day. We saw stuff. I bought two tee shirts from Lauren's booth, but she wasn't there. So we tried back later and both she and Craig were there, so I was delighted to finally meet them. Craig drew me a sketch of Blooregard, so now I have two sketches, yay! I got a pic of myself with them, too. I got a Peanuts tee shirt for my mother, and Ord bought some other tee shirts and met up with some other friends, and we didn't leave the exhibit hall until they were closing. Good bye Comic-Con for another year. We took a short trolley ride to Ord's hotel, and it was so stuffed, it was barely even "standing room only", it was amazing how many people can fit into one trolley, lol. We then went to Ord's hotel room where we just chilled for an hour or so before heading to the nearby mall where we were planning on meeting up with Cass for dinner. We ate at a Chinese restaurant called Panda Inn, and it was excellent. I had lemon chicken, which is probably my favorite Chinese dish. Afterward, we moseyed back to the trolley station so we could get back to our hotels. Sadly we were going in opposite directions, so we said our good byes there. I miss you guys!!

So yup, it's all over. I fly back to Seattle tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm. I hope for pleasant and safe travels to Ord and Cass too. And Sparky, GM and Iceburg too for that matter, even though they aren't in SD anymore. They're not "home" yet either.

Oh, and I wore my contacts again, my eyes felt much, much better after a good night's sleep.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #57
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Day 3: Saturday was extremely crazy. It wasn't bad, but it was all over the place. I met up with one friend I haven't seen in nearly five years. I went to a Marvel panel for an upcoming series to air AMs on CN called "Marvel Super Hero Squad". I met up with other friends. This series features actors, such as Tom Kenny, Charlie Adler, Steve Blum, Grey DeLisle, and a few others. Spoke to Tom Kenny briefly. Tom had to leave early to go to the Sponebob panel (thankfully, it's the next room down (or up?). Stan 'The Man' Lee was at the panel briefly, too. I liked what I saw on the previews. I did get speak to Grey briefly and saw her son (he's growing up). I went to the Cartoon Voices I panel (had Bill Farmer, Chuck McCann, Vanessa Marshall, and a few others). I tried to spot Lauren that day, but each time I went to the booth, I saw Ryan (Lauren's brother) and during the second time around, I saw Tammy List and Ryan. I put on the Bloo costume for a little bit. I was definitely a hit. Got to meet Lynnie and Howard, and the NF group had dinner and had ice cream from Ghiradelli's (no scoop fell to the ground this time). Then, I had to send costume back to Sparky and GM (they left for Anaheim, and they didn't have the box). I said goodbye to those I'd not see for a while. I went to see the second half of the masquerade, and stayed until the results were revealed. Samurai Jack was a big winner for the masquerade this year. During the masquerade party, I saw a Jazz (an Autobot from Transformers) cosplayer bust some dance moves. Not a bad day, though the scheduling was not great.

Finale, Day 4: I went to Lauren's booth, didn't see Lauren or Craig there (it was Tammy and Ryan again). Then, I went to Cartoon Voices II (it had Jess Harnell, Greg Cipes, Gregg Berger, Susan Silo, and Tom Kane). I enjoyed that one more than the first one. I was told from Cipes himself that Teen Titans will be returning for Season 6 in the future. The rest of the day, I mostly just hung out inside the Exhibit Hall. I got to meet someone I haven't seen since 2006, and I got to meet a few people from deviantART. And as you saw, Craig did a Bloppypants sketch for me. Another con attendee requested Lauren to sketch Sedusa from PPG, and she did well on that. I purchased a few shirts (not for me). I also ran into a few more people I saw at the con, and I said farewell to them. Then the con ended. Lynnie and I went back to my hotel room to take a short break. Then, it was time to think about what to eat for dinner. This time, we ate at Panda Inn (located at the Westfield Horton Plaza. We slowly marched our way out of the hotel and said farewell for now. It was tough to leave everyone, but I believe we'll be back.

Anyway, some other notes I wanted to mention on this visit. For those that were wondering if I saw Keith Ferguson this year. Unfortunately, I did not see him (he may have not attended or I missed him). I did briefly chat with one of his closer friends, Melody (Hygena in "Who Wants to Be a Superhero? Season 2), briefly, but she had to speak with someone that was in an awful hurry about something. I didn't wait long to wait until she was done with the other friend, because I was about to go to another panel. That was for Day 3. On Day 4, I ran into Kermit the Frog. Yes, folks, Kermit THE Frog. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I took a short clip of Kermit and Steve Whitmire (the puppeteer that did Kermit). I'll try to post it at some point.

Another year, another con. It was a blast. I look forward to 2010.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #58
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Oh man, I love your Bloppy Pants sketch, ORD. And congratulations on running into Kermit - I'll look forward to seeing what he had to say for himself. Glad that everyone had such a good time.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #59
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Finale, Day 4: I went to Lauren's booth, didn't see Lauren or Craig there (it was Tammy and Ryan again). Then, I went to Cartoon Voices II (it had Jess Harnell, Greg Cipes, Gregg Berger, Susan Silo, and Tom Kane). I enjoyed that one more than the first one. I was told from Cipes himself that Teen Titans will be returning for Season 6 in the future. The rest of the day, I mostly just hung out inside the Exhibit Hall.
Are you dead serious? Season 6 of Teen Titans WILL HAPPEN?!?
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 AM   #60
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Ah Dude, you met Kermit!?

That soooooooo trumps my encounter with Red from Fraggle Rock that I had at last years con.

Seriously though I'm glad that everyone had such a great time and that some people's first experiences at the Con were such positive ones and hopefully next year more and more fourmites will have a chance to make the great pilgrimage to Nerdvana.

Last edited by taranchula; 07-27-2009 at 06:09 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote