Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Mac 19 52.78%
Bloo 9 25.00%
Not voting 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #51
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Lest we forget this...

Spoiler Below
The Bloo Wins clip will be later tonight or tomorrow [5/30] at cartoonnetwork.com from what I understand...

And how about that guy with the hearing impairment misunderstanding "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" as "Flotsburg's Foamy Foreign Dairy Asian Blends"? :rotflmmfao: Not to make fun of elderly people as having a loss of hearing, but that was outrageous.

Okay, after midnight EDT, spoilers are no longer in effect!

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #52
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

The alternate ending is not on the CN site as of now (or if it is I don't see it) - when it is I can capture it and append it to the episode, then upload it.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #53
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Loved it yet again! Although I must say I'm disappointed the other characters weren't in it at all other than a few seconds of fantasizing.

I'm not much of a video game player so this may be a common saying in VGs, but I liked the one game calling the winner "Winner!" and the loser "Dinner!" Haha, is there any VGs that actually use that wording?

Yay, Mac's a good boy and following all the rules, even if it slows him down. Good morals ya got there Mac, keep em up!

Bloo talking with that old guy had me laughing. And then Mac talking with that old lady. Especially after he runs off and she keeps talking about how she met the president..... of the staple factory.

Haha, Bloo, it's electrolytes not electric lights. How on earth you think running with a Christmas reindeer lawn ornament will help you win is beyond me. I guess it's just Bloo logic. The normal world will never understand completely what goes on in that little head of his.

Hang gliding looks so much fun. I've thought so ever since I was little, and dreamed of joining the birds in the big blue. It was cool seeing Mac hang gliding. I do wonder, however, where he got the money to buy/rent the glider and the helmet.

Oh my word, if Mac on sugar is bad, here we see Mac on sugar and a ton of caffeine! He actually flew! It was two and a half seconds of pure gold!

Well, Mac has given up on following the rules. Oh well. If you're determined, you'll do anything to win I guess.

And although it's aired in all time zones now, I'll keep the ending in spoilers in respect for those who have yet to see it--

Spoiler Below
YAY Mac! I must say I'm surprised at the ending, since I know for a fact that Bloo has a bigger fanbase. I'm guessing not as many fans played the checkers game or something. I'm pleased with it though, of course. I'd love to see what happened in the Bloo-win ending when it's availible.

And then the end scene with them in the hospital, and racing again with Bloo in the wheelchair and Mac on that med cart propelling himself with his crutches made me LOL one last time.

Maybe not one of the very best, but I think it's above mid-range as I greatly enjoyed it and it made me laugh a number of times. Pretty cool idea of having the fans vote on the winner, too. Now unfortunately, we may have a month or two before we get to see the rest of S6. We'll survive though. I know we will!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #54
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

I really enjoyed the episode, and seeing Mac on a sugar high is always a hilarious bit.

This is what the second time now that Bloo has complained about how Mac imagined him. The other one the shins joke if I remember correctly.

It was too bad that we didn't see any of the rest of the crew but it would have been pretty difficult to get them in I would think, in the episode format at least. The going back to the beginning was fantastic although I felt that from there on out it was just a rehash of old jokes from earlier in the episode, still good just not as good as the middle part of the episode.

Overall a very good episode and I can't wait to see the Bloo ending, just hope its not two seconds of Bloo winning and then a reverse of the hospital scene. Anyway can't wait for the next one, will be tided over by watching the rest of the season 2 DVD I guess.

Last edited by iceberg210; 05-29-2008 at 09:44 PM.
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM   #55
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Wow. I LOL'd so many times during this episode, so thumbs up from me.

The last couple of minutes before we find out who wins the race was intense! I was like, "OMG! WHO'S GONNA WIN! I DON'T KNOW! AHH!"*

*apologies for the capslocks

EDIT! Hey guys, the alternate ending is now up on CN Video. You have to scroll down a bit in the "What's New" section, and then it starts at the beginning of the episode. Just scroll down to the bottom and use the scene selection to get to the end.

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 05-30-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #56
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

The alternate ending up now will be there until June 9th. As for the credits, we see Bloo from the outset of Act II, wrinkled and looking for electrolytes...

>wOOT!< 600th Post!

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 05-30-2008 at 12:37 PM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 AM   #57
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Your soundtrack for this review is: Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

Another great episode in a long line of them, this was truly one of the funniest animated two person footraces I have ever seen since Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny faced off in a similar contest many years ago.

I loved the Electrolyte/Electro-light gag, I'll never be able to look at a plastic frame reindeer with out busting a gut laughing.

Nice minor shout out to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ( "You Have Chosen Wisely")

Not really much else to talk about that anyone else has already covered, so I bid this post "adieu".

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 AM   #58
Prutnick
Newly Abandoned
We must perform a quirkafleeg!  

I simply agree with those, who think this episode is great. Not much to tell - it was really entertaining and way funnier I supposed it would be. And again, Mac having crush on Frankie, heh.
Prutnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #59
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
Spoiler Below
The Bloo Wins clip will be later tonight or tomorrow [5/30] at cartoonnetwork.com from what I understand...

And how about that guy with the hearing impairment misunderstanding "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" as "Flotsburg's Foamy Foreign Dairy Asian Blends"? :rotflmmfao: Not to make fun of elderly people as having a loss of hearing, but that was outrageous.
What about Bloo's last attempt?

Bloo: Foster's...!
Old man: Flotsberg's...!
Bloo: Home...!
Old man: Dome...!
Bloo: for...!
Old man: Wharf...!
Bloo: Imaginary...!
Old man:Engage-Blueberry...!
Bloo: ...Friends!
Old man: ...Soup!
Bloo: Aaaahh!
Old man: "Aaaahh!" Yourself.

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 05-31-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Needed to fix screw-up.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #60
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

That was one freaken' awesome episode! Too much to mention examples, but "YOU MADE THE RIGHT DESICION, BLOO" was hilarious!

I loved how they only focused on two characters, but still made it work. Single-character episodes are generally lower quality than ensemble ones, but they hit all the right notes with this one!