Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #51
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

If Mac is "too young to go to prison" did he forget where he was twice in two episodes that came before this one?

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 05-01-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #52
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka View Post
If Mac is "too young to go to prison" did he forget where he was twice in two episodes that came before this one?
Actually no, he wasn't in fact in "prison" (In the literal sense) at all those two times, he was just kept in a police holding cell. Prison is where you go after you are formally convicted of a major crime in a court of law, and that did not in fact happen in those two episodes.

For example in My So Called Wife, the police keeping Mac, Bloo and the other tresspassers at the station overnight was only used as a scare tactic and no formal charges were laid, it's also safe to assume no formal charges were laid in the other instances Mac took a trip to the station as well. As there was no mention of such an instance.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #53
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Actually no, he wasn't in fact in "prison" (In the literal sense) at all those two times, he was just kept in a police holding cell. Prison is where you go after you are formally convicted of a major crime in a court of law, and that did not in fact happen in those two episodes.

For example in My So Called Wife, the police keeping Mac, Bloo and the other tresspassers at the station overnight was only used as a scare tactic and no formal charges were laid, it's also safe to assume no formal charges were laid in the other instances Mac took a trip to the station as well. As there was no mention of such an instance.
The second time, Mac never really did anything.

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 05-02-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #54
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Well, I FINALLY saw this episode. It was quite funny. I'll give this episode 9/10 stars. Great episode.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 05-02-2008 at 07:55 AM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #55
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

I've been wondering, has anyone seen the end credit sequence for this episode yet?

Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #56
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

I may be totally wrong, but I think it showed JK riding on the RC car the whole time.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #57
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka View Post
"I've been wondering, has anyone seen the end credit sequence for this episode yet?"
yes I did. It's that "Keep His Eyes On The Mayo" theme to a clip montage.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #58
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Caught this episode yesterday, and it was a good'un.
I loved the whole running gag with Jackie's sandwich obsession, and the little green dude's absolute dryness. I love dry humour. Great nod to all those 70's detective shows, too. Jackie's fee reminded me of "The Rockford Files". And of course, the mayo song, lol.
Poor Mac, freaking out at the sight of librarians, lol. My first thought was that Bloo was the culprit, but I did have that doubt in my mind that it was too obvious. As soon as he said "DVD" I knew something was up, lol. Mac's face, at that point, was priceless. As was Jackie's last line.

Great stuff, all round.

Last edited by BluebottleFlyer; 05-20-2008 at 01:35 AM.
BluebottleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #59
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I wonder how (or, perhaps more appropriately, if) Mac was finally able to resolve his issues with the library? Sure, he could return the missing book - though I did notice that he appeared to leave it lying there as he walked away from the pool at the end (gotta say, I liked how Mac was able to show restraint and resist whopping Jackie with that book, presumably in the interests of not damaging it further) - but as he said, who knows how much money he was now in debt for? And that's side-stepping the added issue of the financial damage inflicted by Bloo's DVD club subscription. As for the extreme extent in which those librarians stalked him - are we to take that at face value, or possibly as a product of Mac's overactive paranoia? Well, maybe.

I enjoyed this episode. As others have pointed out, it's a bit atypical for Foster's, but in a fresh and interesting way, and I will further echo the general feeling that, as culprits go, Bloo would have been just a bit too obvious, so it's extremely pleasing that they were not only able to resist that pitfall, but use it as the basis of an awesome little gag at the expense of our own expectations. Highlights for me included Mac, Jackie and that RC car, Fluffer Nutter's contributions, and, last but certainly not least, Wilt, the darling devilled egg thief. That final nervous apology of his made me crack up so hard. It's really good to have the old Wilt back again.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-20-2008 at 05:57 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #60
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I wonder how (or, perhaps more appropriately, if) Mac was finally able to resolve his issues with the library? Sure, he could return the missing book - though I did notice that he appeared to leave it lying there as he walked away from the pool at the end (gotta say, I liked how Mac was able to show restraint and resist whopping Jackie with that book, presumably in the interests of not damaging it further) - but as he said, who knows how much money he was now in debt for? And that's side-stepping the added issue of the financial damage inflicted by Bloo's DVD club subscription.
Um we'll just assume that after the events of this episode, Mac went to Eduardo and asked the purple one to use his vast accumulated wealth (See The Buck Swaps Here, to get that reference.) to pay off all of Mac's debts.

Far fetched, yes?

But it's a lot better then just saying "It was a wizard, who fixed everything with magic" and move on.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote