Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #51
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I may be slow in really getting tired of seeing Cheese everywhere, as I haven't really minded it. But yeah, at seeing the new eppie tonight is little more than a remake of "TBC", that irked me more. Another thing I wish we'd see more of in Foster's merchandise is Mac and Bloo instead of Cheese and Bloo (I was tickled to see some Berry and Bloo stuff). The merchandise seems to be neglecting the humans entirely, except for a few group shots. That's what irritates me probably the most.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #52
Chocolate Milk
Newly Abandoned
I LIEK CHUCULATE MEILK  

Not necessarily, he is a great character but I'm sure people like the otehr character just as much. Bloo and Cheese are equal to me. =
Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #53
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

I think it's time we let everyone at CN and the Foster's crew know how we truly feel about Cheese. There's way too much of him now, and if the only HT hoodie for guys ends up being Cheese... I'm not buying it. The only reason why people like Cheese is because he reminds several Invader Zim fans of Gir. There are plenty of other IFs and they need more attention.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 AM   #54
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Lol, I can't remember if I ever mentioned it, but for pretty much all of my twenties (from when I was 19 to when I was 28) I had an allergy to cow's milk. And I didn't even know what was wrong, I just got sick, like food-poisoning sick, whenever I had like, pizza and stuff. I finally figured out it was milk products (but only cow). It went away on its own like I said which is nice, but whenever I look at large quantities of cheese I still remember how sick I used to get. I never wanted to carry that sentiment over to the character Cheese but I dunno...
I'm quite well known amongst my friends for my dislike of cheese (the food). My digestive system has a pretty hard time with dairy products in general, but I harbour a particularly strong aversion to that branch of it - with the exceptions of mozzarella and ricotta, the taste alone of most kinds of cheeses makes me feel completely sick.

As for the character Cheese, I could state my opinion on him, but I'd just be reiterating what pretty much everyone else has already said. "Mac Daddy" was a fine episode, yet the greatest thing about that episode for me was not the introduction of Cheese, but Crackers.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #55
Mac_Attack
Newly Abandoned
Merry Christmas Everyone  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
I think it's time we let everyone at CN and the Foster's crew know how we truly feel about Cheese. There's way too much of him now, and if the only HT hoodie for guys ends up being Cheese... I'm not buying it. The only reason why people like Cheese is because he reminds several Invader Zim fans of Gir. There are plenty of other IFs and they need more attention.

I agree. Cheese isn't a bad character, but I can think of quite a few other IFs that I'd rather see.
Mac_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #56
Taco Wiz
Newly Abandoned

This theory makes NO sense whatsoever. As awesome as Cheese is, he only appeared in 3 episodes starring, 1 with a small cameo, and 1 with a medium role. So that's 5. If Cheese appeared in every episode, this would make sense.
Taco Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #57
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Cheese is okay in small doses.

As many people know/guess, Mr. Herriman is my fav character. But I only liked him from watching many episodes. Heck, I just love the show! The style, humor, voices, personalities...it's just perfect. I'd rather hate myself than say that Cheese is the main reason why I like this show.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #58
Another Castle
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
It's just ridiculous on iTunes, any episode with Cheese as the focus is popular. A lot of people on iTunes were giving it bad reviews for not being Season 2. What ever happened to episodes like Go Goo Go, Good Wilt Hunting, House of Bloo's, The Big Lablooski, Frankie My Dear, Bus the Two of Us, and Neighbor Pains for example, aren't they good episodes too? Sheesh...
That's exactly what I was going to say! I had a little peak at the US iTunes the other day and looked up Fosters- and was very disappointed to see The Big Cheese and Cheese-A-No-No (as I call it) were so popular . I have a look at the reviews and a lot of them seemed to say "Cheeze iz da BEEEESSSSSSSTTT!!!" They were also saying things like "Where's Mac Daddy?!" and "Oh, he's in Infernal Slumber!"
But The one that really disappointed me was "Fosters is nothing without Cheese!"

For me Cheese is good in Mac Daddy, Infernal Slumber, and just very breif apperances like the Big Picture. I don't mind him in small does, as others have said, and I don't mind minor prasie of him. But TBC and C-A-G-G were bad in my opinion because he was irratating and making unresolved misery for everyone else (especally the latter, a noisy hyperactive mess with a nasty ending) I have no interest in the Little Peas.
I'm also disappointed to here of his other exposeure (The Macys Parade, the shirts etc.), as Fosters has many great episodes and great characters. Do these people dislike the episodes Shelltoon mentioned- or are they not interested in them?

Still, as Lisa Simpson said, there is always a market for the lowest common denominator!

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #59
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Pretty much every single day I get a comment or two on the Macy's Parade clips I have on YouTube, and they are 99% of the time gushing over Cheese. In fact, here is today's first:

Quote:
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!

Cheese is teh best.
So...yeah. That's what I get to read every day.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #60
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
But The one that really disappointed me was "Fosters is nothing without Cheese!"
Part of me feels like screaming right now. "Fosters is nothing without Cheese"?? Give me a freakin' break. Cheese is nothing without Foster's, as far as I'm concerned.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote