Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #51
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the brief appearance of Richie Wildebrat at Mac's school. I can't possibly be the only one who saw him.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #52
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the brief appearance of Richie Wildebrat at Mac's school. I can't possibly be the only one who saw him.
Yeah I caught the cameo too, testing the waters to see if he is worthy of bringing back in a future episode, perhaps?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #53
The Huntsman
Settling In

This was an awesome episode. Granted, Berry can make any episode awesome. I?ve posted my thoughts on her portrayal in her discussion topic, but I still think this episode was very entertaining. You don?t need a wide array of characters just to have a brilliant episode, and I think this episode was just fine. I loved seeing Mac get messed up on sugar, and Berry was a fantastic villain. I also loved the Cow & Chicken reference, with ?Immortal Wombat?, and it?s nice to see them giving props to the shows that have ended so long ago.

Here?s to you, Berry. May you roll your way into another episode in the future.

The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #54
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Three words:

Holy. Freakin'. Crap.

This is one of the best episodes of the season, I laughed so hard. YAY BERRY! I missed her, and seeing her again was a treat. I actually kinda saw her coming when Barry Bling said "his" name. Richie Wildebrat was in a background cameo!

Sugar Drunk Mac, I love thee xD

A+!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #55
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

She's Baaaaaa-aaack!

This episode had a plot twist that even I could not had imagined! Barry Bling actually being Heather? WHO KNEW?

Great Googily Moogily! Another sugar rush by Mac, this time out of anger and angst, and none of the other humans were in this episode, nor was Mr. H. And Duchess actually giving advice to Mack-a-lacka? Who knew she'd have a heart?

This scored an 8.9/10 on the TV.com system, and give credit to Mrs. McCracken and her writing partner for this episode, Cindy Morrow.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #56
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
And Duchess actually giving advice to Mack-a-lacka? Who knew she'd have a heart?

This scored an 8.9/10 on the TV.com system, and give credit to Mrs. McCracken and her writing partner for this episode, Cindy Morrow.
Duchess wasn’t helping Mac out of kindness. She was jealous and upset that “Barry” didn’t adopt her, and that “Barry” was spending all of “his” time with Bloo. So, helping Mac was her way of getting revenge, as she was getting back at Bloo.

At any rate, the rating system on TV.com is highly flawed, so I don’t think your note about its score really matters.

Last edited by The Huntsman; 09-14-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #57
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
She's Baaaaaa-aaack!

This episode had a plot twist that even I could not had imagined! Barry Bling actually being Heather? WHO KNEW?

Great Googily Moogily! Another sugar rush by Mac, this time out of anger and angst, and none of the other humans were in this episode, nor was Mr. H. And Duchess actually giving advice to Mack-a-lacka? Who knew she'd have a heart?

At some future point in the show, it would not surprise me if Duchess manages to redeem herself. It seemed as though she was motivated as much by being able to sympathize with Mac's having been "abandoned" by his Imaginary Friend as by her desire to get even with Bloo for ruining her adoption chances, twice. Duchess is starting to really "grow" on me. I don't believe she's anywhere near the threat that Barry is, that's for sure!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #58
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Nice to see more of Richie Wildebrat too, if only for a background cameo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Tsk, Cass.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #59
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
.....That was weird.

I love how Mac and Bloo know each other so well that they can act out each other's reactions, although I wish they'd just be friends for once, man. The fact that Bloo couldn't choose between playing with a paddleball and saving his best friend from certain doom was a little disturbing.

Also, Barry/Berry's hair was weird. It's like.... white.
Well, he DID save his friend. I don't find Bloo's reaction disturbing at all. We don't really know what was going through Bloo's mind. For those that believed that Bloo's getting worse and worse by each season, I think most would agree that this is not the case. Recently, we've seen more of the Blooregard Q. Kazoo that does express that he does, indeed, care about Mac. Even though he's still shows some of the selfish, self-centered of himself, I think that he's matured a bit this season; I really believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I totally know what you mean, it's sign a refreshing and wonderful thing to see consistency in a cartoon show. Actually showing IMAGES and direct referencing an episode that happened before. Fosters rarely has done this, most of it was short, small references like Mac and Bloo finding Uncle Pockets junk in "Squeeze the day".

Mac wanting to buy back his rocket wars figures that he wasted on Bloo's stupid movie from "false movie" AND the rip off artist line. But this was a much more effective and powerful flashback, bringing back Berry was a genius idea and they played it out so smart that you almost couldn't believe it happened.

This episode was a landmark on so many levels: breaking cartoon taboo rules and as a Foster's episode in and of itself. I truly tip my hat to the Fosters crew, this is the first time they have truly "wowed me", I never expected this kind of material from Fosters or that I would EVER see any kind of material from this kind of kids show.

Fosters is not the kind of show that involves life or death situations or villains of Berry's caliber (btw, I don't think anyone can honestly have sympathy for Berry and her "supposed" abuse possibility after this episode), so for this show to take the initiative and make an episode like this a big deal as far as cartoon "death" goes.
Even though there were no images/flashbacks in "Setting a President", don't forget Mac did mention past events from earlier episodes to Bloo. Even THAT is something that one does not hear in cartoons. As for sympathizing Berry, yeah -- I certainly do NOT. She should be in prison for a LONG time, for what she had tried to do to a young boy. However, it's certainly not out of the question that she might return at some point.

Indeed, these people (the crew) are brilliant. They certainly do not fail to find new ways to amaze the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
At some future point in the show, it would not surprise me if Duchess manages to redeem herself. It seemed as though she was motivated as much by being able to sympathize with Mac's having been "abandoned" by his Imaginary Friend as by her desire to get even with Bloo for ruining her adoption chances, twice. Duchess is starting to really "grow" on me. I don't believe she's anywhere near the threat that Barry is, that's for sure!

pitbulllady
Yeah? It wouldn't surprise me, either. I feel like that this is something that could possibly happen in the series, and well, we'll have to stay tuned to find out. I, too, feel that Duchess's character is "growing" on me. She has certainly been quite interesting with her appearances this season.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 09-14-2007 at 08:34 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #60
The Huntsman
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
As for sympathizing Berry, yeah -- I certainly do NOT. She should be in prison for a LONG time, for what she had tried to do to a young boy. However, it's certainly not out of the question that she might return at some point.
Well, I still have sympathy for Berry. This episode didn?t really change anything for me; I love her as a villain, but I still believe that Imaginary Friends are pretty much innocent creatures. In most cases, they?re created the way they are, and behave in a way that they really can?t control. I highly doubt Berry was ?normal? and suddenly decided to become an obsessed lunatic; that?s the point I?ve tried to make. She?s a victim of her own existence.

At any rate, I loved her plan in this episode, as I said in her discussion topic.