Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #51
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

How it has turned from good quality with inside jokes for adults/teens & kids whoare smart & get those jokes to bad quality where the jokes are gay & it looks like 10 year olds write the scripts. Too much freakin' teeny bop crap nowadays.

I can handle toilet humor when it is used in a funny way like in Billy & Mandy, now when episodesare based on butts *cough*gympartner'samonkey*cough*.

I soley hate anime because it's boring & the jokes are ghey. If there like those weird Japanese game shows I'd watch it.

Don't even get me started on animated movies now the only good companies are Pixar (Now eaten upby Disney ), Dreamworks (Now eaten up by Paramount) & Bluesky. Disney has completely fallen in the crapper unless the aquisition of Pixar makes it better.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #52
SkittleMonkey
Foster's Legend
Snoozer ish lurve.  

Send a message via MSN to SkittleMonkey

Okay, I agree with the first part of your statement. But calling anime ghey/boring and saying you hate it? I find that extremely offensive and a bit judgmental...
Patrick: Yeah, you could be bald and have a big nose!
---------------------------------------------------
Eduardo: No, Senor Bloo! They es magic, not drive around in no car!
Bloo: Nope, he lost his magic; now he dresses like a lady, and the butterfly has legs and an afro.
SkittleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #53
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittleMonkey View Post
Okay, I agree with the first part of your statement. But calling anime ghey/boring and saying you hate it? I find that extremely offensive and a bit judgmental...
Yeah I kind of am hurt by that too. Actually, some animor humor can be as clever, vulgar, or effective is our own style of humor, it all depends on the anime. Certain animes apply solely to certain peopke's senses of humor.

Much like our own shows, certain cartoons apply to certain people only, or are intended for certain people only. I do know of some animes that do have very dry senses of humor, but I've also seen the dubbed versions come out a thousand times funnier.

Samurai Pizza Cats is a fine example of that. One thing I love about cartoons is how they do super heroes. I think they do super heroes more justice then in the movies. The multiple villains, the voice actors, and the fights! Superman and Batman: animated series had some superb script writing and dialouge.

Clancy Brown's performance of Lex Luthor in the Superman cartoon series is a thousand times better then ANY of the movie versions of him. Now for something I hate.....politically correct cartoons. You know it's really sad when you hear Bugs Bunny cartoons and guys are being censored these days.

Porky Pig, and Speedy Gonzales are considered "racial characters" and toons like Tom and Jerry get edited because a black house keeper character is considered offensive as well. Hell, even half the things Tom and Jerry do to each other is considered offensive because there sending "bad messages".

What a load of crap.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #54
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Exclamation note the links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Yeah I kind of am hurt by that too. Actually, some animor humor can be as clever, vulgar, or effective is our own style of humor, it all depends on the anime. Certain animes apply solely to certain peopke's senses of humor.

Much like our own shows, certain cartoons apply to certain people only, or are intended for certain people only. I do know of some animes that do have very dry senses of humor, but I've also seen the dubbed versions come out a thousand times funnier.

Samurai Pizza Cats is a fine example of that. One thing I love about cartoons is how they do super heroes. I think they do super heroes more justice then in the movies. The multiple villains, the voice actors, and the fights! Superman and Batman: animated series had some superb script writing and dialouge.

Clancy Brown's performance of Lex Luthor in the Superman cartoon series is a thousand times better then ANY of the movie versions of him. Now for something I hate.....politically correct cartoons. You know it's really sad when you hear Bugs Bunny cartoons and guys are being censored these days.

Porky Pig, and Speedy Gonzales are considered "racial characters" and toons like Tom and Jerry get edited because a black house keeper character is considered offensive as well. Hell, even half the things Tom and Jerry do to each other is considered offensive because there sending "bad messages".

What a load of crap.
If you go to one of the links I posted It will show you what got edited out,I despise political correctness
Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #55
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
...I can handle toilet humor when it is used in a funny way like in Billy & Mandy, now when episodesare based on butts *cough*gympartner'samonkey*cough*...
Toilet humor doesnt bother me, either. I love My gym partner's a monkey, though xDD That's a show I really like.

Also, I guess a lot of the toilet humor is what makes kids laugh, which is what a lot of the creators are aiming at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
...I soley hate anime because it's boring & the jokes are ghey. If there like those weird Japanese game shows I'd watch it. ...
I'm not to fond of anime either. I'm doing just fine watching my american cartoons I like seeing the match ups with mouth movements and the words
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #56
Voxxyn
Banned

Adult cartoons in general are kinda starting to bother me. Their increased popularity and influence means that those who watch "kids toons" are more prone than ever to ridicule by our increasingly cynical, conceited, "nice people finish last" society. I REALLY hate it when I see a "What's your favorite cartoon?" thread on other boards and see The Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy/South Park/Adult Swim make up 90% of the responses.

And, in my view, most adult cartoons today aren't really so "cutting edge". The Simpsons used to be the undisputed king of animated sitcoms; now it's just a soulless, creatively-bankrupt money-making machine for FOX. Family Guy is completely worthless if you took away it's trademark "manatee gags". South Park is sometimes great and even genius, but I find most of the so-called "offensive" content to be boring and predictable. Adult Swim's original comedies are really hit-or-miss for me, there are some I enjoy or even love, but others are so awful that I can't believe they're airing on cable TV.

To me, it seems that most adult cartoons are so obsessed with being trendy or offensive or snidely self-aware that they end up neglecting the actual characters and story. Futurama remains one of my all-time favorite shows because it wasn't just random gags or blatantly offensive content, it had actual storylines and characters that had some depth to them, even if the show was mostly comedic. I want to see another "adult" cartoon like that.

Sadly, it's not like today's children toons aren't faring any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi
Also, I guess a lot of the toilet humor is what makes kids laugh, which is what a lot of the creators are aiming at.
Ugh. If that means I'm supposed to accept it, then you are COMPLETELY wrong. That kind of "humor" is one of the absolute WORST things to happen to cartoons in general, both for children and adults.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:40 AM   #57
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I couldant agree with Voxxyn any more if I wanted to. Another problom with Simpsons, Family Guy and even American Dad is that they are WAY too left wing for their own good. They come off as patronizing and anti Republican and that really turns me off sometimes since I consider myself a Consevative.
Futurama was differant. While Simpsons and Family Guy are very scarce on character development, (Simpsons is the biggest culprit here) Futurama continued with the formula that made us love Simpsons in the first place. It had characters that you could care about and the plots were very character driven-not driven around the characters. Things happend for a reason and the characters learned something or were affected in some way.
If this is the direction that animated sitcoms are going then I'm pretty upset. King of the Hill is the only one I can think of that hasant really changed but I was never a fan of that show to begin with.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:41 AM   #58
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Family Guy doesn't rely completely on the cutaway jokes, and either way, they're funny. I never liked Futurama, and the Simpsons is just so much brainhurt nowadays.

I agree though, toilet humor is stupid. It's just gross. Slapstick humor makes kids laugh. THINK BACK, REMEMBERRRRRRRRRRRR. As someone who babysits and has two little brothers, I can safely say that a guy having a piano dropped on him is much funnier to a toddler than farting.

As for anime, saying you hate it is like saying you hate cartoons or movies or books. =\ That is a really gigantic broad general term. One Piece and Ranma rock my pox.

Also plz die Loonatics. That is another thing I hate about cartoons, when no one has a bloody original idea floating around in their cranium.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 01-19-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #59
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Ugh. If that means I'm supposed to accept it, then you are COMPLETELY wrong. That kind of "humor" is one of the absolute WORST things to happen to cartoons in general, both for children and adults.
That's your opinion. and no where in my post did I say anyone had to accept anything. It was just MY opinion.

I'm gonna get attacked for saying this, but MOST cartoons are intended for kids. they aren't JUST for kids, but INTENDED for them. and kids like weird things. I know because I still am a kid.

Last edited by Wendi; 01-19-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #60
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittleMonkey View Post
Calling anything gay is pretty lame, but that aside, Wendi was merely saying that a lot of creators are aiming to make kids laugh, which is true, because most cartoons -- Foster's included -- are intended for kids (and nobody say "but they're for adults too" because although they make it so adults can enjoy it as well, it is a kids' show first and foremost).