Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #51
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

There are quite a few guys out there in the cartoon world that I am/was attracted to. Even when I was small I really liked certain cartoon characters........ some weren't even human. One of my friends is totally disgusted with this. He has told me over and over that cartoon characters can't be hot, handsome or beautiful. I disagree.
What I like about cartoon guys: Bravery, honesty, and chivalry. Also, some of them are just hot and if they carry a large sword and kick a lot of butt then they get even more awesome points.

<Click!

Last edited by Pawbah; 04-01-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #52
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Since you mentioned "guys" being plural, meaning more then one.

Care to give us a few names for your cartoon hot list Paw?
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #53
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Alright a few, because if I listed them all we would be here a while. A lot of them are from animes. In no particular order:
Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke
Howl from Howl's moving castle
.... Pretty much any guy from a studio ghibli film actually.
Future Trunks and Goku from DBZ
Kyo and Hatsuharu from Fruits Basket
Cloud from Final Fantasy
Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin
Kurogane from Tsubasa
Bruce Wayne from Batman. The Character of Batman is just extremely attractive to me actually.
Terry Mcginnis from Batman Beyond
NightCrawler from x-men (that's a weird one, I know )
Wolverine from X-men
Captain Li Shang from Mulan
Ah I can't think of anymore off the top of my head. Plus I'm making myself blush like crazy by typing all those out. Yeah, I'm done now.

Mr. M...... You changed your Avatar....... That really surprised me.

<Click!

Last edited by Pawbah; 04-02-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 AM   #54
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

It's a real relief to know that I'm not alone in finding certain animated characters attractive, or for that matter, that I'm not even in that much of a minority! I still catch a LOT of flack, though, from people who just can't comprehend how anyone can find an animated character attractive, especially a character that isn't even human. Both of the characters that I find especially appealling are non-human-sentient in the same way that we are, yes, but definately not human. I'm kinda perplexed by it myself, really. I mean, if I try to analyze Wilt's physical features(that famous smile notwithstanding) as they compare to the corresponding features of a human male, I honestly can't explain just why it is that I find him so attractive. Obviously, though, I am not alone!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #55
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I just checked out the Super-Duper Crappy Picture of Wilt I did like 3 years ago, the first piece I ever put on DA, and in the first sentence, it stated I was a "big FAN of Wilt"...Technically I never was a fangirl. XDDD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #56
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I still catch a LOT of flack, though, from people who just can't comprehend how anyone can find an animated character attractive, especially a character that isn't even human. Both of the characters that I find especially appealling are non-human-sentient in the same way that we are, yes, but definately not human.
It's actually interesting that I feel the same way. There's quite a few non human toon females that I am deeply drawn to, most I find are even emotionally attractive and I find myself liking alot more even beyond simple physical beauty attraction. I certainly don't find it "wrong" or disgusting.

If a person can be attracted to an animated human, changing the species really shouldn't be considered that much of a drastic difference. Probably my biggest non human toon crushes would belong to Bunnie Rabbot of Sonic the hedgehog, and Fifi La Fume from tiny Toons.

Bunnie's southern accent and gentle nature are impossible for me to resist, and I really feel for Fifi being someone who can't find true love no matter how hard she tries. Plus, I LOVE the color purple and she just seems like such a sweet girl in my eyes, human or not.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #57
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Wow, I used to think I was a real oddball because I've been attracted to cartoon characters all my life. Now I see, that I'm not as alone as I had thought.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #58
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

This thread's existence is prove enough that it's not some form of insanity Monk. If people still doubt cartoon attraction exists, I have two words for you: Jessica Rabbit.

Cartoon characters have flaunted their sexuality long before the internet came online. Animaniacs alone has featured Dot, Minerva Mink, and Hello Nurse flaunting sexuality through out the show.

People draw females a certain way to gain attraction, attraction that is usually drawn from the main male or hero character, and vise versa. If sexuality didn't exist with cartoon characters, no one could relate to the toon that's in love.

We feel for romances because we enjoy seeing how one toon ends up with another, and what better way to feel for a romance then to understand the romance, and try to relate to the reason for the romance in the first place.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #59
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I've always been attracted to mousier and geekier characters of animation. I don't know what it is.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #60
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I never really found a general "type" of toon girl, I just end up liking who I like. As they say, you can't help who you fall in love with but I don't mean love as in the obsession kind. Anyways, anime girls however I have a rather strange "type".

I don't know why but I am always attracted to the hard ass, tough girls of anime. I really can't figure out why I am attracted to them because I don't like that in women and it's nice the kind of person I am. Yet I still feel attracted to them.

Anime girls like Kei from Dirty Pair Flash, Videl from Dragon Ball Z, Polly Ester from Samurai Pizza cats. For some reason anime girls of that nature seem to catch my eye. But mainly it varies from toon to toon.