Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #51
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

yeah i'm going in this week. Damn waste of gas
Old 10-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #52
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I recently rediscovered a love of video games (of sorts) with Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (on my GBA - I’ve yet to catch on with this whole DS revolution), a surprisingly addictive and involving game about managing your own farm and integrating yourself with the local community. Right now I have a distinctly Foster’s influenced barnyard - I call my chickens Coco, Goo, Berry and Eurotrish, my pony Kip, my sheep Frankie and my cow Duchess.

Notable events thus far:

1)I undertook a perilous mission for the Mineral Town Mayor in order to spare him the humiliation of losing a bet with the mayor in the neighbouring town (which as far as I can see doesn’t even exist). He rewarded me by giving me a shiny piece of golden lumber, the only practical use of which, I discovered the hard way, is to lure a mob of angry villagers to your farm every morning with little purpose but to insult you for your decadence. If you want to maintain good relationships with the rest of the populace, all you can do is shut that lumber away in your cupboard and forget that it even exists. I’m so mad at the mayor right now.

2) Elli, the girl I've been pursuing from the start (you play a young romantic male in the game, with a choice of five different objects of affection), seems to be dropping hints that I should finally propose to her, but I've found out that she won't accept my offer until I have another extension done on my house and buy a double bed.

3) Everyone in Mineral Town forgot my birthday. Even Elli.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-28-2007 at 04:55 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:49 AM   #53
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Bah, that clumsy Elli only cares about the doctor anyways

That's why I married Karen... despite the obvious set-down that she's a down right alcoholic XD I mean, when she got pregnant she thought she had had way much to drink the previous day. Popuri is another nice choice, only that, her brother hates you and wants you to die D:

Harvest Moon to DS has boring girls to marry. I want to marry the witch, but appearantly the english version of the game is glitched and ruins that option for you D: Then I have my eyes set on the mermaid... but how will we have children? I'd like to see the game explain where mermaid babies come from
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #54
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The big advantage you have over the doctor is that he's far too obtuse to cotton onto the fact that Elli blatantly likes him. Gives you enough time to stick your foot in the door and intervene.

That was actually one of the key reasons why I singled out Elli as the object of my desires...I felt kinda bad for her. She works hard six days a week to support her hyperactive kid brother and chair-ridden grandmother (I assume we're supposed to read in between the lines that her parents are dead), the one bright spark of her situation being that she gets to spend much of that time working alongside a man toward whom she clearly feels a great deal of warmth...and he doesn't even realise. I felt compelled to be a new bright spark for her.

The key to Elli's heart is milk and lots of it. So far, I've made very little financial profit with Duchess, since nearly all of her lactations end up in Elli. It's a heck of an investment, but hopefully it'll pay off when I finally do get that house extension and the place becomes fit for two inhabitants.

Oh yes, and I've been witness to Rick's deeply disapproving behaviour toward potential suitors for his sister Popuri...fortunately all directed at Kai and not me.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-28-2007 at 03:38 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #55
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

pokemon diamond.

that game is honestly the only reason i bought a DS. fun fun. and i even have a celebi.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #56
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

Odin Sphere

If you own a PS2/3, and like RPG's, I recommend this game. Graphics aren't the best in the world, but It's very addicting
Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #57
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
I've made very little financial profit with Duchess, since nearly all of her lactations end up in Elli.
There are SO many things wrong with that sentence
Makes me start to wonder if IF's have sexual orientations... hm~

Anyways, now I wanna play Harvest Moon (the gba version) again, for GIRLS. I wanted to marry Kai last time I played but it's such tedious work since he only comes around in the summers and pineapples are expensive But who the hell wants Rick or that doctor? and Cliff just leaves at one point

Last edited by Zeitgheist; 10-28-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #58
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
pokemon diamond.

that game is honestly the only reason i bought a DS. fun fun. and i even have a celebi.
I really should start a thread for Friend's codes and general Pokemon discussion. I just haven't gotten around to it. I want to have a nice big 1st post with some explanations about EV training/breeding/natures and such first.

It's amazingly deep gameplay when you get into it. I know a few people who hate the concept of end game playstyles like that though.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #59
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Heh, I had just recently, finished playing Spider-Man: Friend or Foe on the 360, and I have to say, it's not too bad, however, I was dissapointed in the design of both Nick Fury and Blade, they did not look like what they're suppose to in the comics.

The Green Goblin and Doc Ock's designs were pretty well done as for the other characters, I'm not too worried, although, the Lizard did look a little strange and acted more heroic than what he was suppose to, but that didn't bother me.

Too bad Kraven the Hunter wasn't in the game, it would've been cool to use him.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #60
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Yoshi's Island for the DS. I love my Yoshi.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote