Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #51
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I'm not knocking people's possible backgrounds for characters, it's always nice to hear someone's imagination about something. But I just don't like it when they try to make an assumptions as a means to explain a character they can't honestly back up.

Berry is the way she is because this is who she is. Not everyone in the world needs a traumatic childhood or a life altering event in their life to make them go psycho. Look at Jack Napier/The Joker, he is evil by NATURE, it's just who he is. Same with guys like Freddy Kreuger and Chucky the doll.

Evil is not always beaten into you by bad expierences or parents or creators or whatever, evil is also genetic. People are crazy and wacko in the noggin just naturally, imaginary friends I doubt are any different. They seem to be more like us then we think.
You know, I actually agree with you. I think Berry's just psychotic by nature.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #52
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Aw Berry. She's a cutie, but yeah....a true, deep-down, no-bones-about-it, crazier-than-a-cow-with-mad-cow's-disease, one can short of a six pack (I got tired of hyphens), one lightbulb missing from the lamp, a loaded gun, a Psycho movie star...WHATEVER you want to call her......she's crazy. Truly and deeply crazy.
But I still like her. She's has her charm....in her psychotic sort of way.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #53
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneFan View Post
Huh...Just noticing that the two people who think she's misunderstood are girls, and the two that don't think so are guys.
Hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Berry is the way she is because this is who she is. Not everyone in the world needs a traumatic childhood or a life altering event in their life to make them go psycho. Look at Jack Napier/The Joker, he is evil by NATURE, it's just who he is. Same with guys like Freddy Kreuger and Chucky the doll.

Evil is not always beaten into you by bad expierences or parents or creators or whatever, evil is also genetic. People are crazy and wacko in the noggin just naturally, imaginary friends I doubt are any different. They seem to be more like us then we think.
I agree with you.

I think believing that someone is misunderstood is just a way to say, "It's not blah blah's fault that he/she ended up like that." We would like to believe that everybody who seems evil actually has some good deep down inside them, just as we know that every "good" person has some "bad" in them. It's the balance of the light and the dark. People who think like that are kind. But it doesn't work like that. And good triumphing over evil every single time? That's not plausible either.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #54
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

I actively enjoy watching evil triumph, it's quite fun.

Yes, berry is psycho! I don't think it was something that happened, she's just ultra clingy. Like velcro. With duct tape. And super glue.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #55
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

EVIL...IS...GOOD.
That doesn't make much sense, does it?

Back on topic.
Berry is pretty handy. She can make curtains and pillows and sweaters.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #56
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I think Berry is misunderstood she's insane not evil. I'm a guy too.

I would like to see her in atleast one more episode, anything else would get out of hand.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #57
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Oh, I don't think she's evil. I just think she's insane. When I spoke of light and dark up there, light stands for everything that is good, and dark stands for everything that is bad. Insanity isn't necessarily something good, so it's dark. Now, insanity can make you do evil things, and in Berry's case, this is true. She did intentionally, knowingly, and purposefully harm Mac in hopes of hogging Bloo to herself. Her obsession over Bloo was insanity, as was her desire to get Mac out of the picture. But the ways in which she tried to get rid of Mac were evil. You definitely don't want to lock someone in a freezer full of ice cream unless you want them to die; killing is wrong. Thusly, Berry's actions against Mac, which resulted from her insanity, were evil. She herself is not evil, but just insane. And when I said "good triumphing over evil every single time? That's not plausible either," I was not referring to Berry.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 10-26-2006 at 07:12 PM.
BlooCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #58
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Which was similar to what I said. But she needs to b eput in a jacket, because I think season 2-now Bloo would probally be freaked out, season 1 Bloo was too goofy to care.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #59
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Insanity is just as much as your personality as evil. I don't think her insanity is the whole reason she is the way she is, even without the insanity, she is a clingly person and I doubt she would be any tamer if she lost her insanity.

She may make less freaky faces and so many mood swings but I think a person is who they are and nothing can really change who you are, not completely anyway. I also consider Berry to be as close to evil as you can get.

Terrance is more or less a villain of the show, but even he's not as twisted as Berry is when it comes to torturing Mac. Not only was the ice box thing as murderous as you can get (even if it is a cartoon, that is SERIOUS death stuff).

But Berry ripped Mac and Bloo apart and that is what really made her the bad guy, she tor two very close friends apart and didn't even give Mac a chance. She totally shut him out without trying to know him. She wanted Bloo all to herself and ignored everyone else.

Not only that, but she lied to Frankie and the others with her cutesty Care Bear act just to get closer to Bloo. The psycho Berry is the true Berry, or if you prefer, her true color.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-27-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #60
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Huh...Just noticing that the two people who think she's misunderstood are girls, and the two that don't think so are guys.
I just get sick of the word "evil", ya know?
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote