Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #51
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
You're making a Game? Neato! I assume it will be posted here or a link to it? RIGHTEOUS!!!
Yes and yes, though I probably won't be able to go back to work on it until next year sometime.

I also think another Foster's game, for a non handheld platform, is in order, and I hope to see one some day!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #52
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

most definitley. A platformer /or RPG a la Super Mario Sunshine mixed with FF in a fosters universe. Very colorful and trippadelic.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #53
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Just in case anyone was dying to know what the gaming media thought of this game, there is a review up on IGN http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/747/747442p1.html

They gave it a 5.5.

Last edited by taranchula; 12-11-2006 at 04:22 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #54
shining_dream
Newly Abandoned
tell me a tall joke again, i dare you  

i got the game recently...but mom wont let me open it untill christmas T_T but by what you guys say it makes the wait even more harder......wait is that a word 0-o...er never mind im gonna shut up now
shining_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #55
megatron01
Banned

Default Japanese company to do it.

This is the reason why the Game Boy Advance Fosters game was terrible: it was NOT developed and published by a Japanese company. My suggestion for a next Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends game should be a RPG developed by a company called Sting Co. Ltd. This is the company that made Treasure Hunter G for the SNES (Japan Only Release), and my favorite, Evolution and Evolution 2, for the Dreamcast, and Evolution Worlds (another favorite) for the Gamecube, and Rivera: The Promised Land for the Game Boy Advance. The publisher would be Capcom USA, Inc. I hate to be rude, but the Japanese make better video games than we do. If the Japanese did the Foster's game for the Game Boy Advance, maybe it wouldn't suck so bad. It seems that every cartoon that is American made, has to have a video game made by an American company, like Electronic Arts and Activision and Take Two Software. I want to know why do they do this.
megatron01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #56
Voxxyn
Banned

With all due respect, I can't agree that "all Japanese developers rock and all American developers suck". There have been some phenomenal games made by American-based developers.

The Foster's game being bad has nothing to do with nationality. It's a bad game because it was designed to be a simple cash-in, with absolutely no thought given to quality gameplay. The same goes for nearly every cartoon and kid-friendly property that receives a tie-in game. It's only purpose is to make Cartoon Network further profit from the license.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #57
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Yeah so my brother picked that up for me and wanted to know if I wanna keep it cause if not he can get his $10 back. I guess that's a yes? XD
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #58
megatron01
Banned

I know, but I think the main reason why it was bad is because Crave Entertainment whipped out the game too fast . The developers were trying to get everything done quickly, thus resulting on the bugs, such as Mac on top of Mr. Herriman. Japanese developers carefully get the game done as good as possible, without bugs. Remember the old saying, "Slow and steady wins the race." This means that if you get the game done too fast, it would be bad. If the developer learns to take it slow, and easy, the game will be perfect. Yes, its true, American based developers have done a few great games.

Oh, one more thing, can somebody try to convert the font used on the black windows in the game to a True Type font?

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-02-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
megatron01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #59
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Gamefly has it for rent if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Next time I want a game for the consoles where you can play as Bloo, Mac, Wilt, Ed, Coco, & Frankie. The plot may be you have to save the house from a REALLY evil friend. Mini- bosses would be:
Terrence
Duchess
The Space-Nut Boogies
Lil' Lincoln/ Moose
Foul Larry
Evil Guy Goons

You can unlock Cheese,Red,Goo & Jhakie Khones.

What a dream.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #60
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

OMG! i actally made a post. just thought i'd check up on all my old friends. merry christmas, happy hannukah, happy new year, and what ever else i wasnt here for LOL. well i have work i need to do, laterz~
vinny is offline   Reply With Quote