Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #51
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
What you said makes plenty of sense to me.
ok, good. Sometimes I'll get to typing a thought and it comes out less understandable than I'd like.

I agree with you that the show doesn't need to be happy-go-lucky, but it does need to be entertaining. If the writers want to torture the characters, at least make me laugh in the process.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #52
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Hey, I think they're trying. We can't expect them to get every episode right, you know. Even the best shows have a few "lemons" or "duds" every now and then.

I didn't know we had a kissing Frankie icon =

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #53
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
That is true. But I guess they've done such a good job writing her character that some(Like me) form an attachment that goes way beyond what is expected of characters in a children's cartoon.
It's a tribute to the writers, animators, and Grey DeLisle; that they've created a character in Frankie that fans are able to care about, to whatever extent.

It's also an obstacle to overcome, as they have to be careful how they use her in the show.

In any event, the Foster's crew has done a great job making her a very human character (a very believable one). I appreciate that in a cartoon.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #54
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Hey, I think they're trying. We can't expect them to get every episode right, you know. Even the best shows have a few "lemons" or "duds" every now and then.

I didn't know we had a kissing Frankie icon =
Yeah, that's true. I know they are trying, but I hold the show to such a high standard because I know they can do so well.

and I thought that icon was Frankie whistling, but now that you mention it.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #55
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
It's a tribute to the writers, animators, and Grey DeLisle; that they've created a character in Frankie that fans are able to care about, to whatever extent.
A lot of the fans, anyway. There are, unfortunately, some people who have no regard for her at all. Some of the garbage posted as "stories" on ff.net and other sites proves it. The rest of the characters get attacked there, too. It's enough to make me want to cry sometimes.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #56
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Those people who write trash about Foster's on ff.net -- do they call themselves fans? And if they don't, then why do they want to destroy something that many other people love? Can't they just leave it be?
Old 08-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #57
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

They can call themselves whatever they want, but they're not fans. A true fan doesn't treat the characters he or she claims to care about in that manner, be it torturing them, forcing then into relationships that would never happen, whatever, it's not the actions of a fan. I certainly don't do such things with my Foster's Sims; I do everything I can to make them happy and I don't interfere with their lives any more than the game requires. It doesn't say much about a person when they get their kicks from tormenting cartoon characters. It really ticks me off.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #58
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

never been to ff.net, so I'm not sure exactly what y'all are talking about. I would hope that people have better things to do than write disturbing stories using characters that other people created, I probably hope too much...
Old 08-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #59
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

You don't want to go there. Trust me.

Okay. Once in a while, there's a good story, but you can't tell if it's good or bad just by reading the title or the summary. So it's best to stay away from ff.net altogether.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 08-26-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #60
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
"To whatever extent" is very right. There are many casual fans who don't care at all about who gets shafted and whether or not it was justified, as they view it a light and silly kids cartoon and want to enjoy it on that level(I have nothing against them, BTW).

But a diehard fan like me, somebody who deeply sympathizes with Frankie, and often wonders about unanswered aspects of her background and history(Her parents, etc) which will probably never be answered as they'd be a little too dramatic for the show(Unless they give her a movie like they are about to do with Wilt)... it greatly affects how I view her, and how I react to the things that happens to her, good and bad.

Let's just say it's been a LONG time since I've become as attached to a fictional character as I am with Frankie. There are a few others, but just a very few. And Frankie's become one of them.
Closed Thread