Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #581
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

Fosters via. On Demand. "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree"
Old 10-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #582
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

digimon data squad.

exactly as un-digimon as i thought it would be. but eh its still kinda cool. but still..
Old 10-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #583
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Replay of the 1980 Georgia-Florida game on ESPN Classic. Buck Belue and Lindsey Scott hooked up for a 92-yard TD strike to win it, 26-21. Georgia radio play-by-play guy Larry Munson nearly soiled himself calling that play.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #584
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Heroes

I'm glad this new season is finally picking up some pace because it was kind of dragging around for a while. None of the new mutants have really shown any massive interest except for 2 of them, and one of them is minor while useless, novelty powers are being carted off for primary characters. Bleh.

Anyways, things are finally getting juicy with some serious storyline snippets and new disaster possibilities. The whole "virus future" thing with Peter, Hiro and Kenzei, and Sylar planning a come back, and the highlight was easily Claire's dad, Bennett getting some dirt back onto his hands.

Things are really getting good and this episode alone has made me totally involved in the dark storyline they got cooking up.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-29-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #585
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

boondocks- return of stinkmeaner. not what id call the most pollitically correct show, but still funny.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #586
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Family Guy - The episode "It Takes a Village Idiot, and I Married One".

Man, Peter's song in regards to Brokeback Mountain made me crack up laughing.
But yeah, good episode indeed.

Not next week but the week after is apparantly going to be the one "Blue Harvest" the Star Wars parody.

Last edited by Mayor Adam West; 11-08-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #587
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Monty Python's Flying Circus

It was a double episode. The sketches included Undertakers Film, Gorilla Librarian, Interesting People, the First Man to Jump the Channel and the Agatha Christie sketch.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #588
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

M*A*S*H on TVLand.

There was a "Mail Call" Marathon on Sat. and Sun. night-- all episodes focusing on letter's the doctors and nurses got. The last one I really recall watching was the one where the little kids in hawkeye's hometown write letters to the 4077th. All the letters were so sweet. Especially Hawkeye's letter from the little boy who flat-out hated him because, "All you do is make people better so they can go die" and how Hawkeye couldn't really respond to it. But the moment that really got me was the letter Charles got-- the litte girl sent him a leaf, saying, "It's fall in Maine. I don't know if you have fall in Korea, so I'm sending you the leaf from a birch tree." The letter conveyed an amazing childlike sense of faith and perception of beauty-- the leaf-- and I swear, I almost cried.

Man I'm hyper...

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:27 AM   #589
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

I've never seen that episode. I used to love M*A*S*H and it's interesting to think of how its tone changed from the movie to the tv series and through the series itself. Am I right in thinking it was made in the early 70s in the final years of the Vietnam war? It's about the Korean war in the 50s obviously but I remember an episode where Hawkeye marches into a tent with negotiators from both sides and demands they make peace because it's all so awful. I was kind of embarrassed for Alan Alda, still am in fact. I'm sure Henry Kissinger was real grateful for your input, Alan.

On a related note, the last thing I watched was an ITV drama about Rudyard Kipling who fixed it so his severely myopic son could become an officer in the First World War. His son was played by that Daniel Ratcliffe lad from Harry Potter and was rather predictably killed at Loos in France.

It was nicely acted and did all the right things including a good scene where the wind changes direction and the booms of the artillary barrage before the battle on the western front could be heard from Kiplings house in Sussex in southern England. The biggest explosions of the war could be heard in London which must have been really dreadful for the whole population as everyone knew someone at the front.

Anyway the only thing that annoyed me was Harry's prolonged death scene by machine gun in no-man's land that must have been very disturbing for Potter-film-fans. In their defence, the incident was being described after the event to his family and the witness would not have wanted to say that he fell like a puppet who's strings had been cut.

The whole thing was written by the chap who played Kipling who you might know as the angry cop with a tash in Robbie Coltrane's Cracker. That's Cracker not Crackers. That would be weird. Daniel Radcliffe had a little tash too which made me smile a little.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 11-13-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: duh...i got it wrong didn't I?
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #590
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
I've never seen that episode. I used to love M*A*S*H and it's interesting to think of how its tone changed from the movie to the tv series and through the series itself. Am I right in thinking it was made in the early 70s in the final years of the Vietnam war? It's about the Korean war in the 50s obviously but I remember an episode where Hawkeye marches into a tent with negotiators from both sides and demands they make peace because it's all so awful. I was kind of embarrassed for Alan Alda, still am in fact. I'm sure Henry Kissinger was real grateful for your input, Alan.

On a related note, the last thing I watched was an ITV drama about Rudyard Kipling who fixed it so his severely myopic son could become an officer in the First World War. His son was played by that Daniel Ratcliffe lad from Harry Potter and was rather predictably killed at Loos in France.

It was nicely acted and did all the right things including a good scene where the wind changes direction and the booms of the artillary barrage before the battle on the western front could be heard from Kiplings house in Sussex in southern England. The biggest explosions of the war could be heard in London which must have been really dreadful for the whole population as everyone knew someone at the front.

Anyway the only thing that annoyed me was Harry's prolonged death scene by machine gun in no-man's land that must have been very disturbing for Potter-film-fans. In their defence, the incident was being described after the event to his family and the witness would not have wanted to say that he fell like a puppet who's strings had been cut.

The whole thing was written by the chap who played Kipling who you might know as the angry cop with a tash in Robbie Coltrane's Cracker. That's Cracker not Crackers. That would be weird. Daniel Radcliffe had a little tash too which made me smile a little.

i think nearly everyody died in France.

nominated for "most pointless war ever"