Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #531
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Yep, vengeance. I knew it. Lol.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:09 AM   #532
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

I'm glad to see Goofball finally geting what he deserves... Go Ed!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #533
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Default 5000

Foster's Valley - "Retribution, Part Four: The wrath of Madame Foster"

Mr. Herriman sat alone on the third floor, drinking an espresso, waiting for what would happen next:

It was a tense time in the House, what with the truth about Goofball's antics from years ago finally being revealed and everyone realizing just how much Frankie had endured because of his oblivious, uncaring attitude, and how hard she worked everyday to keep the House running. All the cooking, the endless cleaning, so many trips to the market, the repairs, all of it... everyone was feeling more than a little guilty for taking her for granted for so very long. Madame Foster in particular was feeling sick about it, knowing her actions with Cartoon Network and bringing Bloo into the House had only coumpounded Frankie's already heavy load. And letting Goofball back in the House, costing Frankie her badly-needed vacation through no fault of her own, she couldn't take anymore. Time for action, she thought. Time to set things right, time to deal with that slacker pest once and for all, time to save her relationship with her granddaughter. Time for Batty Madame:

Armed with a pink stick that originated in another cartoon entirely, she left her sanity in her dresser and went to Dr. von Kohl's house. The device she'd requested was ready; she handed him a check and was off to the mall. Once there, it didn't take her long to find a disheveled-looking Goofball, who had a black eye and was having a horrible day himself; seems that while Madame Foster was making her way to the mall, Frankie had posted Imposter's Home on YouTube and word of Goofball's behaviour was starting to spread and the entire Valley was slowly starting to turn on him. He spotted Madame Foster and ran to her:

"Hey, Madame! What's wrong with everyone? People've been glarin' at me all day, givin' me the finger, smackin me around and throwin' things at me, and a couple of kids spit on me! And whazzername, that woman with the blue hair, man, she called me every rude name you've ever heard and she hit me! Wha'd I do? Uh, Madame? Hey, why's that thing on your head sparkin' like that?" A moment later he got a rather shocking answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnC7K2NdZiw

"That's for what you did to my granddaughter! And this-" she blasted him again "- is for the hell my family is in because of you!" Slow-witted though he was, Goofball realized that he was in serious trouble and ran, Madame Foster right behind him, chasing him all around the mall and zapping him repeatedly, much to the amusement of the other shoppers. He ran back to Foster's and up the stairs, Madame Foster in hot pursuit. Wilt, Eduardo, and Coco saw them run past and looked at each other in surprise. Without a word, they agreed to stay out of it; sometimes it was better to let Madame Foster handle things her own way. They smiled and went to go distract Mr. Herriman. Goofball, meanwhile, found himself trapped on the third floor with no way out. Madame Foster smiled a grim smile, took off the lightning helmet, and drew forth the pink stick, intent on caving in his skull with it. "This once belonged to some anime woman," she informed him. "I don't know what it does but I bet it'll hurt when it goes upside your head. Say your prayers, boy." She advanced on him and Goofball dropped to his knees, sobbing and begging for mercy.
"Grandma, don't!" Frankie said frantically:

"Got to, dear," said Madame Foster. "I can't let him get away with what he's done to you. Not again."
"He's been punished. Wilt told me what's been going on, what he and the rest did, and Derek called from the mall while you were chasing him. He's been through hell."
"So have you, because of him. And because of me. I need to set things right!"
"And this is how you'll do it? By killing him? You'll never forgive yourself. And I won't be able to live with myself, knowing you did it for me. I wanted him to suffer, and he has. But I don't want him dead. I never have. This isn't what we're about, and this isn't what Foster's is about. We save Imaginary Friends, we don't hurt them, no matter how bad they are. Please, Grandma, put down the stick and let this end. Please."
Madame Foster paused, letting Frankie's words sink in. Oh, what she'd almost done... she went to Frankie and the two stood there, holding each other, crying and trying to comfort each other.
"Frankie, I'm sorry! I'm sorry about Cartoon Network, I'm sorry I let him back in the House, I'm sorry I wasn't there the first time he was here! Please, forgive me!"
"I do, Grandma, I do," Frankie cried in response. They stood there and cried in each others arms for several minutes. Eventually, they got back to the business at hand and turned to Goofball. "Th-thank you, Frankie," he said in a quivering voice. Finally, he'd gotten her name right.
"What do you want to do with him?" Madame Foster asked.
"I want him out of the House," was Frankie's response. "But first I want him to watch something."

And then it was Goofball's turn to watch Imposter's Home For Make-'em Up Pals:

Elsie Ray, visiting Coco at the time, was drafted to supervise Goofball and make sure he watched. No one else wanted to do it; they didn't want to see it again. Ever. As for Elsie, all she had to say was, "That's how you act when you're someone's guest? You're such a jackass!" Having seen what he put Frankie through, he couldn't really argue the point.

Throwing Goofball out of Foster's was one thing, but finding a place to throw him was another matter. Ever resourceful, Frankie found someone to take him in:

"Hey, great to see you again, Frankie! Look, I'm real sorry about what happened at Futurpoup that night but really, I'm a changed guy!"
"Sure you are, Dylan. Look, you want to make it up to me? Then take in Goofball until we can find a permanent home for him. Believe me, you'll love having him around; you two deserve each other."
"Sure, no problem, I love Imaginary Friends! I told you that once, right?"
"Among other things. Just keep him fed and housed, okay?"
"Hey, anything for you, babe."
"Don't call me that."
"Sorry. So, um, can I call you sometime?"
"You can call."
"Doing anything tonight?"
"Don't push your luck, Dylan."

And so Goofball ended up at the home of Dylan Lee, and in short order it was his turn to do the cooking and the cleaning:

And justice was served.

Back at Foster's, Frankie and Madame Foster started the work of putting their relationship back together.
"I really am sorry about everything, Frankie. I don't know what gets into my head sometimes."
"It's because you think with your heart half the time, not your head," said Frankie. "Same as me. And you've always been a little crazy. I mean, 'Batty Madame'? How did you ever come up with that in the first place?"
"It's a long story," Madame Foster smiled slightly. "Maybe I'll tell you someday." She sighed. "Are we good?"
"Not completely," said Frankie. Then it was her turn to smile slightly, "But we will be." And for both, for now, that was enough.

But the story doesn't end there.

Goofball's callous actions hurt a lot of people. I've heard people say that Imposter's wasn't really that bad. They're right, but they're wrong, too. It wasn't that bad for them; for Frankie, it most certainly was that bad. She suffered because of Goofball's clueless insensitivity, and those of us who love her and care about her suffered alongside her, and the fact that he got away with it made it all the worse. In writing this story, which was personally very hard on me, I have attempted to set things right, to bring a sense of justice where there was none before, and perhaps a sense of closure for those who need it. It's almost certain that Cartoon Network will not do so in the few remaining episodes, so in a way I had to do this, for both my beloved Frankie and for her long-suffering fanboys. Whether or not I have succeeded to any degree is up to each reader to decide for him or herself. In the end I let Goofball live because I know Frankie would want it that way, and she's what's important here, not Goofball. She just never wants to see him again. I won't kill him, but then again, I won't tolerate his presence in the Valley, either. And that I can certainly do something about:

Take him away, boys!

And Goofball John McGee was never seen again.

Back at the House, Frankie took out the trash and marvelled at how things had all worked out. Her grandmother had sold her life story to Cartoon Network, that was true. Yet if she hadn't, there would be no Imposter's eepisode, nothing to prove she wasn't exaggerating things. The Imaginary Friends finally understood how hard she worked in the House, day in and day out. This time, she'd turned things around. Definitely something to smile about. And best of all, in light of everything that had happened, Mr. Herriman reinstated her vacation without a second's hesitation. Frankie had been through hell, but in the end she came out a winner:

Of course, she's always a winner to me.

I love you always, Frankie Foster. Always.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-24-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #534
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

*cheers*

Awesomeness Cass, pure awesomeness! Oh, I'm so happy for Frankie. She's got her vacation back, everyone better understands what all she puts up with, and her relationship with her grandma is in the process of being mended. This has definitely made me happy. I just love that last picture of Frankie kicking her heels up with the snowy hills in the background and a snowman beside her. I hope seeing all that snow helped you stay cool the last week or so.

And a very hearty congratulations on your long awaited 5,000th post! And you certainly have an a-ok from me to take a break from the game if you want for a little while. I can see why this was so hard to make it through. I'm glad it's all finally over and things turned out great.

Yay, I still feel all giddy inside! I think I'll sleep good tonight.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #535
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Fantastic ending-- very satisfying and heartwarming. I'm so happy to see that Frankie and Madame Foster made amends, and that everyone FINALLY sees and understands what Frankie went through. And it's wonderful that she got her well-deserved vacation back.

I must say, it was certainly very noble of Frankie to not let Goofball be killed, even after the hell he put her through. Nobility, mercy and compassion (I hope those are the words I'm shooting for): just a few more of Frankie's wide variety of dimensions. And I swear, the YT clip you linked to was hi-flippin'-larious.

In all, a wonderful story, something I'm glad I got to enjoy. I'm quite certain Frankie would be very, very, very pleased (), and warmest congratulations on Post #5000. Party at Cassini's house!

What do you wanna do now? Besides go to Disney Land?

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #536
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

The return of Batty Madame!

Aw, how heartwarming was that? It's so nice to see Frankie and Madame Foster's relationship becoming normal again. And hell yeah, Frankie actually got her vacation!

As for the YouTube clip...hilarious. Simply hilarious XD

Last edited by Imaginary Light; 06-13-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Imaginary Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #537
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

It's nice to see that Goofball got what he deserved, I thought "Batty Madame" was hilarious.

I just wished that Mac and Bloo would've been there to help with the "Goofball hunting".

5000 posts, yay, for Cassini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Party at Cassini's house!
Am I invited? Lol.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #538
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

At least now Goofball will annoy the aliens and probably will send him back to Earth...

And holy crap. How do you get people to be abducted?
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #539
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I just love that last picture of Frankie kicking her heels up with the snowy hills in the background and a snowman beside her.
That was my favorite pic in the entire story; I may have it printed and framed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
And you certainly have an a-ok from me to take a break from the game if you want for a little while. I can see why this was so hard to make it through. I'm glad it's all finally over and things turned out great.
It was very hard, as I said, but it was something that I felt I had to do. I was determined to put the spectre of Imposter's away once and for all and give Frankie the long-overdue happy ending she never got before. She got it, and I will do everything I can to give her everything else she deserves as well, and the rest of the cast, too. No break, though; there's much more to be done, more stories yet to be told, more unfinished business to be dealt with. Some of it I've dropped hints about here and there but which stories will be told and how they'll turn out, well, we'll see when they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Light View Post
The return of Batty Madame!

Aw, how heartwarming was that? It's so nice to see Frankie and Madame Foster's relationship becoming normal again. And hell yeah, Frankie actually got her vacation!

As for the YouTube clip...hilarious. Simply hilarious XD
Two takes for the video. The first was for the video itself, the second was for the audio track. A little fiddling with Windows Movie Maker was all it took after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
At least now Goofball will annoy the aliens and probably will send him back to Earth...

And holy crap. How do you get people to be abducted?
He won't be back. Abduction courtesy of a game hack. In any case, Goofball is gone, taken by the Zhodani for their own inscrutable purposes. But that's just one way I can deal with characters who cross the line. The next character who sufficiently fracks me off may not be so lucky.

On to the newest pics...

Foster's Valley - Ten mildly amusing random pics

A fateful encounter outside the Wildebrat residence:

"So, Richie Wildebrat, we meet again!" Actually they got along quite well and spent much of the afternoon playing cops and robbers. When dinnertime rolled around, Bloo ate heavily, belched good and loud (which Richie and Blake laughed at), and went home. He did call to say thank you the next day, but I think Mac made him do it. Bloo's been seen a lot around town lately; since the show started airing in the Valley he's been desperately trying to turn himself into a celebrity. Sounds like something he'd do. He hasn't actually watched a full episode, but he knows he's on TV and naturally his already inflated ego inflated a little more. Like it wasn't big enough already.

Dylan Lee, professional womanizer and full-time jerk:

You already know what happened next so I won't bore you with the pics. Suffice it to say that Amanda was not amused, and she hits harder than Frankie. A lot harder. The next day, Dylan saw her at the mall and had the nerve to whistle at her. She slapped him but good. Go ahead, Mr. Lee, play with fire. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

xxxClaire enjoys a private moment with her new mp3 player:

Classic. This pic was taken the morning after the Foster's cast visited the Never Forgotten house. I think she's listening to some death metal band. Having a good time, Claire? Later that same day X_dummkoff_x had a good time, although Imaginary light did not:

I have no idea what prompted this. Boredom, I guess. One minute they're chatting amicably, the next, whammo! Just one of those things, I suppose. Happens a lot.

Ah, the delightfully pungent aroma of IT:

Sparky got the recipe from Frankie during the visit (before Frankie found the disc). There are many ways to prepare a proper batch of IT; this one involved rhubard, mushrooms, and what appeared to be pork liver. Fetid, yeah, but you can't argue with success. You can't eat it, either.

Fomalhaut wandered into the house that afternoon and came upon an all too-familiar sight:

You can almost hear her wondering what kind of nuthouse this is. The blonde girl is Aimee, who came with the game and came home from school with Jekylljuice. The pillow fight was almost inevitable. Jekylljuice wandered off to grab a snack or some such thing, Aimee and Fomalhaut chatted, and Linestra and xxxClaire invited them to come and have some real fun:

I have no idea why using this weird thing makes everyone float but I'm pretty sure that there's no helium involved. They stayed glued to it until after midnight. Fomalhaut and Aimee eventually went home; Linestra and xxxClaire eventually passed out. It was pretty funny.

Breakfast the next day:

Jekylljuice ponders about the meaning of life and the relationship between man and Bubble Blower while Lynnie tells her to straighten up her neck, do you want it to freeze like that? No freezing, fortunately, and yes it does happen, courtesy of an occasional glitch. Lynnie did the dishes, Jekylljuice went to class, and I went to Foster's, where I watched Bendy and Wilt build a pair of snowmen:

I leave it to you to figure out which Imaginary Friend made which snowman. A wrong guess entitles you to a free post in the "Signs you've watched too little Foster's" thread. Nice job to both of them. Wilt gets a high-five; Bendy gets an appointment with the school psychologist. Eduardo made a snowman as well, and in the final pic a visitor checks it out:

Yep, it's a penguin. It gets very cold in the Valley some nights. The penguin also shows up if there are fresh fish available on the lot, which he will eat and then piddle on the lawn. Sometimes this game is so weird.

That about covers it. Up next: more pics and a few minor things for y'all to think about. Stay tuned.

(Mac smilie goes here)

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-29-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Typos must be destroyed. Like SecuROM. Both suck.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #540
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Good, Dylan needs to be smacked. I hope Amanda and/or Frankie smack him again.

Hahahahaaaa, the pic of Claire playing with her Mp3 is sooo funny. I'm having a hard time picturing her doing that in real life, heh.

I personally would expect the snowman Bendy made to be much more scary/malicious/disturbing looking. And awwww, I love the pic of the penguine checking out Ed's snowman. The sky looks really cool in that shot, too. At first I thought the peppermints were bloody rocks and I was wondering "What the...? Why?" But I see now that they are peppermint candies. Hehe, after the 90+ temps we had in my area today, these snowy scenes are really nice to look at.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote