Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #531
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The tickets thing was merely a joke, and like I stated earlier, I didn't find it a form of "suffering" for Frankie simply because we all know how fickle the use of the police and law enforcement has become in this show. So I doubt were gonna see Frankie going to jail over anything like that.

On a side note, I'd like to state that this is my 500TH POST! And I couldn't think of a better place to put it then in my beloved favorite fictional female's thread: Frankie Foster . I also think the terms geek and nerd have been pretty much null and void since the 2000s have rolled around.

I proudly admit I am a geek and after expierencing college life, it's safe to say no one really associates nerd or geek with anything negative at all. The fact geeks went drooly over Frankie was a wonderful joy to see and like I said Vox, don't take it as a back handed reference. Think of it this way.

Just because those geeks acted in a pushy and obsessively forward manner to Frankie, doesn't necessarily mean this is Craig's way of telling us that we act the same way. This is how THOSE two particular geeks acted. Like you said, you'd act more curteous (as would I) towards Frankie's feelings.

It actually shows the difference between an obsession and for lack of a better term, love, for a character. Sure they may have bugged Frankie, but at least we know we've had the decency to treat her with the respect and appreciation she deserves.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:32 PM   #532
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Just because those geeks acted in a pushy and obsessively forward manner to Frankie, doesn't necessarily mean this is Craig's way of telling us that we act the same way. This is how THOSE two particular geeks acted. Like you said, you'd act more curteous (as would I) towards Frankie's feelings.
Me too! I'm sure we would ALL try to woo Frankie in a more sudtle and less awkward way.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #533
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #534
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:

It actually shows the difference between an obsession and for lack of a better term, love, for a character. Sure they may have bugged Frankie, but at least we know we've had the decency to treat her with the respect and appreciation she deserves.
well, i can say that im sure that almost half the members here would be acting the same way that mac, bloo, that pizza guy, and i think prince charming did in that one episode which i forgot the name. i wont deny the fact that id be part of the battle royal for frankie as well.

and i am sure that all the people there would be in an all out war with each other, and not at all be caring if they hurt each other, as long as they made frankie happy.

and i just realized i wasted 2 paragraphs worth of bandwith to talk about people fighting for frankies love
Old 11-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #535
Voxxyn
Banned

I am sorry, but I hate the whole concept of "fighting for Frankie's heart". I hate it. I like to think that Frankie deserves better than being reduced to a material prize in some "battle royale" that would inevitably end up bringing out the WORST qualities from everybody involved, and thus basically scare her away.

I can accept it with Mac, Bloo, the pizza boy and Prince Charming because of the circumstances. One is an eight-year-old boy, another is a hopelessly self-centered blob, another is a slightly crazy teenager, and another is a certifiably insane imaginary prince who dresses in drag. On the other hand, the people on this forum are supposed to be at least 13 years old and have some grasp of sanity and reason.

Mac, Bloo, the pizza boy and Prince learned to share Frankie's love and affection at the end. We should do the same. (And BTW, I think the "not a man" gag was just them playfully teasing Frankie instead of anything serious)
Old 11-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #536
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I am sorry, but I hate the whole concept of "fighting for Frankie's heart". I hate it. I like to think that Frankie deserves better than being reduced to a material prize in some "battle royale" that would inevitably end up bringing out the WORST qualities from everybody involved, and thus basically scare her away.

I can accept it with Mac, Bloo, the pizza boy and Prince Charming because of the circumstances. One is an eight-year-old boy, another is a hopelessly self-centered blob, another is a slightly crazy teenager, and another is a certifiably insane imaginary prince who dresses in drag. On the other hand, the people on this forum are supposed to be at least 13 years old and have some grasp of sanity and reason.

Mac, Bloo, the pizza boy and Prince learned to share Frankie's love and affection at the end. We should do the same. (And BTW, I think the "not a man" gag was just them playfully teasing Frankie instead of anything serious)
yes, i understand that. but when your talking about anything involving tv, maybe this is just me, but your mind starts playing tricks on you start wishing or even daydreaming of being part of it. and you kinda go crazy.

so i still realize i have no sanity when it comes to tv, but anyways, back on subject. i think frankie is probably the best human character because of the fact that she is still (or attempts to be) nice to everyone around her even after the million and three jobs herriman has assigned her, plus she does a good job at the same time. and its good to see that they are nice to her in return.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #537
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

It's okay Vox, relax for a bit. I think some guy's point is that yes, the truth of the point is it's wrong to "fight for Frankie". That she is the only one who rightfully chooses who loves her and all that jazz. But just like in "There's something about Mary", the idea of everyone "fighting for her" is hard to ignore.

Because so many people have confessed such strong feelings for her, the idea of people fighting for her affection is not too surprising. Outside of species and mentality wise, we aren't too different from Mac, Bloo, pizza guy, and Prince Charming. Except were not that stupid or drastic to go to their lengths .

The battle royale thing doesn't necessary translate Frankie into some lifeless prize to be won. The fact of the matter is, it's actually an honor to realize so many people are behind her and willing to do things for her. Because she is WORTH it, even if there was a fight and she didn't pick the "winner" per say.

The point is it's a sign of people's devoted affection for her, be it misguided or misunderstood, the message is still love even though it's buried down deep in the occasional rumble or so. Frankie's also seen alot weirder crap in Foster's then to be scared off by a bunch of lover boys quarreling over her.

This is why I proposed that fan boy lover idea for a fan fic with Frankie, I think it's an interesting look into how powerful one person can affect us. The thing with the battle royale tho Vox is that this all in "good fun". Just like Jim Spader and William Shatner body wrestling over Shirely in "Boston Legal".

Fighting may seem crude and a demeaning way to someone, but love takes many forms and no matter what the method or the result, the message is still clear: we love Frankie Foster.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #538
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Quote:
Because so many people have confessed such strong feelings for her, the idea of people fighting for her affection is not too surprising. Outside of species and mentality wise, we aren't too different from Mac, Bloo, pizza guy, and Prince Charming. Except were not that stupid or drastic to go to their lengths .

The battle royale thing doesn't necessary translate Frankie into some lifeless prize to be won. The fact of the matter is, it's actually an honor to realize so many people are behind her and willing to do things for her. Because she is WORTH it, even if there was a fight and she didn't pick the "winner" per say.

Fighting may seem crude and a demeaning way to someone, but love takes many forms and no matter what the method or the result, the message is still clear: we love Frankie Foster.
in a word, exactly
Old 11-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #539
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

I think that the "fighting for Frankie's heart" thing is funny.
Partially because it is cliche and partially because it bucks the cliche. Those fighting over Frankie really are fighting over nothing, since she isn't interested and often unaware of their affections.

That has made for some pretty funny reactions from Frankie. Stuff like "uuuuuuuuuuuh-ok" and the like.

Glad to see so much of her in Good Wilt Hunting.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #540
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I think it mostly has to do with the fact the guys are pushing themselves too heavily on Frankie that bothers her, rather then them fighting over her. If they treated her less stalker like, she might even find the fighting thing cute.

And while it may be cliche, it's apart of our culture and I've seen this same thing in other shows as well. Like Teen Titans as I said before, as well as There's something about Mary, Cat Girl Nuku Nuku, and even in Sailor Moon.

I find it amusing and a form of flattery.
Closed Thread