Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #491
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Why thank you, Vox! I was hopeing you'd like it. But now that I think about it, I think that maybe only one of Frankie's parants should be negative to her carear choice. I don't want to make myself think that she's unloved.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #492
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Well done, Medikor. :bloogrin I agree that Bloo would be the best "tag along" character for a Frankie special. I'm sure, somewhere beneath getting on each other's nerves, that he and Frankie care about each other.
Bloo would be good for mere comedic use. I would rather have Frankie find more about who she is, then to try a build up a "good" relationship between Frankie and Bloo considering if this was a movie, we wouldn't see any more of this "good relationship" then on in the series.

Mac should go with as I said before, it helps to have other characters around to play off of. Plus, I think Mac and Bloo need to stick together and it would seem more plausible that Mac would want to help Frankie and go along with her to help out. Bloo's not the one to take that kind of insentive.

Not that it would be bad if Bloo went along with Frankie if she had her own movie, I'm just saying he's not the kind of person who would initially have the urge to go help Frankie. If he could get distracted from saving Frankie, Mac, and Herriman over a video game, chances are he won't be first in line to help.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-15-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #493
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I think that seeing Frankie having problems with her parents might remind Bloo of his and Mac's own problems with Mac's mom way back in "House Of Bloo's", which could trigger in him a need to do something, to not let history repeat itself, as it were. He may be childish and self-involved, but he's not completely heartless, as we learned in "Bloo's The Boss".

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #494
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

yeah, but...

That's a VIDEO GAME. We all know they're more important than reality.

No seriously, Tehy work really well together. Mac would be there, though, he and bloo are inseperable.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #495
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

"Bloo's the boss" shows us that he CAN be good, but does that mean he will be the same way in regards to Frankie? I'm not so sure. I really do believe there is something skeletony in Frankie's past, either involving her school life, past work life, or more then likely, something to do with her family/parents.

I don't think Mac is on bad terms with his Mom as I said before in the Mac's Mother thread. But Frankie never shows much of who she is outside of her love for punk music....that's it. We don't have any idea of what else she does or has done or likes and stuff like that, outside of her work at Fosters course.

There's a lot more to know about her then any of the imaginary friends if you ask me.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 PM   #496
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
here's a lot more to know about her then any of the imaginary friends if you ask me.
Very true. And I was just grasping at hairs to make a good base for a Frankie movie. And Bloo getting on the bus was just him being Bloo and doing something he shouldant.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #497
Voxxyn
Banned

Actually, now that I think about it, Mac would be a wonderful choice.

Some other posters here kinda disagreed because they believe that Mac is "too young". To be honest, that kind of rationale is a little insulting to him. He may be a kid, but I think he's mature enough to handle hearing about another person's not-so-pleasant background(which will be limited by the TV-Y7 rating). And I agree with Mr. M, I'd LOVE to see some bonding between Mac and Frankie, as I think they make a great duo.

It's just that Medikor's suggestion had a really good setup. I've always wanted to see a more positive side to the relationship of Bloo and Frankie(Though to be honest, not as much as Mac/Frankie bonding).
Old 11-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #498
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Well, you could throw Mac into my idea. It could all still be the same. If you look at GWH you'll see that there is no short supply of main characters to take part in the main story.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #499
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Smile 500!!!

This is the 500th post in the Frankie thread, the first thread on this Forum to reach that number; I guess that makes this the first "Foster's Legend" thread now, in a way. I had intended to write something long here, something deep and meaningful, a real tribute to this wonderful lady, but as I look at the picture of her that sits next to my computer, as I gaze at her warm smile and her beautiful eyes, I find that the only things I really want to say are the two things that I always think of most when I think of her:

Thank you, and I love you.

You're the best, Frankie Foster. The absolute best. Ever.

I'm really sorry I went off-topic like that, but I wanted this post so bad. Now, where were we?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-15-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #500
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
"Bloo's the boss" shows us that he CAN be good, but does that mean he will be the same way in regards to Frankie? I'm not so sure.
I feel exactly the same way. While Bloo wouldn't just disregard Frankie, I don't think he'd exactly be the first to volunteer.

Quote:
I really do believe there is something skeletony in Frankie's past, either involving her school life, past work life, or more then likely, something to do with her family/parents.
I agree, but I'm wondering how bad it would actually turn out, due to the fact that it's usually saddled with a TV-Y7 rating. And to a degree, that bothers me, as I think of all the characters, Frankie deserves a plausible and realistic background explanation. And life can be plain nasty, much more so than a TV-Y7 rating would allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn
Some other posters here kinda disagreed because they believe that Mac is "too young". To be honest, that kind of rationale is a little insulting to him. He may be a kid, but I think he's mature enough to handle hearing about another person's not-so-pleasant background(which will be limited by the TV-Y7 rating). And I agree with Mr. M, I'd LOVE to see some bonding between Mac and Frankie, as I think they make a great duo.
Oh, I agree completely. As I've stated many times before, I'm a big supporter of a Frankie and Mac big sister/little brother relationship and seeing more of that develop. Lord knows the kid needs a more constant parental figure/role model than his mom currently is. Alas, we'll probably never see this develop.