Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #41
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

sorry about Chopper
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #42
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Post my pets

Well first I had a hermit crab (the type with the purple claws) named Hermy.
Then we got like a dozen more but they all eventually died (mostly stress but Hermy died from old age (he was pretty big) Then we got a dog, a West Highland White Terrier named "Fluffy" because she looked like a white puffball when she was little. She is really cute.:bloogrin
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

I have a dog his name is Rylee

I also have two cats one name mickey (man that cat went through alot he got the skin on his side torn off by a dog later on he was grabbed by the same dog but he scratch that dog right on the nose later he got a broken leg after getting in a fight oh and his bladder exploded and he's still alive )

and the other cat is fealicha (man she is a spoiled but sweet cat XD)

and I must make a note on how much I hated that F-in dog
it killed my other cat nickey and her baby chublets

how nicky died lets just say her mother instincs(sp?)kicked in when she saw her baby walking next to a hole that was near the fence so she hurrys up and grabs chublets before the dog was able to but instead got grabbed her self and was killed

later on chublets was killed becaus he walked a bit to close to that dog while its was outside on a leesh anywho the dog grabbed chublets by the neck and started swinging it around

and its a scary thing to witness =( I wanted to help him but I couldn't I was to shooked to move or to say anything all I was able to was watch as chublets was being killed

I hate myself for this (_ _')

Last edited by kaytea; 04-14-2007 at 12:59 PM.
kaytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #44
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

my dad just went to go have *my* dog put down. now i know why he let me have that cat i wanted a few days ago =(
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #45
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
my dad just went to go have *my* dog put down. now i know why he let me have that cat i wanted a few days ago =(
I'm really sorry for your loss, I know the feeling. 3 months ago my one eyed dog Kinzie, who I had for 12 years had to be put down.'

Were working on getting her a headstone this month. It's a very hard thing to deal with, losing a pet.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #46
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

ya, im having a hard time with it, i planed to take her to washington when i move out. i still have my rabbit mrs.harriman, but i dont think ill have room for her if i move
Old 04-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #47
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

The longest I've had any current pet is "Bull"(sorry for the lack of originality in that name, but it suits him, since he reminds me of the bailiff on the old tv show, "Night Court"), who is a seven-foot-long Bullsnake. I just realized today that he's 17 years old! It doesn't seem like I've had him that long...guess we're both getting old. I had a Ratsnake for 19 years, and he died two summers ago. One of my tarantulas is known to be 15, but I haven't had her that whole time. Even with pets that live this long, though, it still sucks to lose them.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #48
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I have three cats:
Muffie: http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/photo/pets/000_0392.JPG (note my IZ comforter, WIN)
Morgan: http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/photo/...organscute.jpg
and Akima: http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/photo/pets/akima.jpg

I also have about 40 Guppies and a Betta I just got yesterday that I'm calling Fineous.

We had a Golden named Rosie (http://subzeroace.freepgs.com/photo/pets/3.jpg With me again) but she died last year
Old 04-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #49
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Sorry to hear that Rosie looked like a real nice dog, a pretty one too.

It's a hard thing to deal with. When my dog Kinzie http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...969/Kinzie.jpg died in January I swear I've never cried so hard in my life before.

It's extremely difficult to deal with.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 AM   #50
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Here is a picture of my beloved significant other pet cat Scamp (alias: Mr. S), a light-coloured ginger tabby. He was given to me as an ickle little kitten upon my eighth birthday, making him fourteen years young and my childhood/adolescent life partner. He's a cream-and-catnip junkie and possibly a misandrist...it's odd, but while he's always been super-affectionate toward my mother and myself, he usually recoils whenever my dad or brother try to touch him (but I guess the four of us are too small a sample to know for sure). A bona fide poser who spends his days patrolling his territory and rolling around the grass on his back, so that his attractive white belly is on display and game for a tickling, and his nights snuggled up on my pillow, practically shoving my own head off. Which I don't mind, since I like having his warm, purring, vibrating body pressed up against me. Yeah, you go, you handsome devil you.

And here's my other delightful bundle of feline fluff - Cleopatra (alias: Cleo). She comes from the same litter as Scamp, and originally belonged to my brother, but now that he's moved away from home and started a new life elsewhere I've more-or-less inherited her. Unlike her older sibling, who has an adventurous and independent side to his nature, Cleo is a generally rather nervous and insecure (not to mention highly vocal) little creature who gets easily startled and constantly craves human company. She's also extremely playful, universally friendly and ever so affectionate - in other words, the sweetest little being on the planet:

I used to have a dwarf rabbit named Stanley - the first pet I ever owned, and one who'll always hold a very special place in my heart - but he passed on long before the age of the digital camera, so the most I could possibly show you would be a few scanned blurry snapshots of him sitting upon the lap of my six-year-old self (which I'm not keen on doing ). I am truly sorry to hear about everyone else's losses because I know from Stan's death how painful it is to lose a pet - I had no idea how hard it was going to hit me. It's also very painful for me to acknowledge that I'm probably much closer now to the end than to the beginning with Scamp and Cleo.

Not sure if she counts as a pet exactly, but at one point I did also have a sickly baby hedgehog a friend had picked up as abandoned and which somehow wound up in my hands. I named her Nettle and attempted to rear her myself, but sadly she died after a couple of weeks. She had always been very weak and, even more harrowingly, didn't appear able to use her back legs, which possibly accounts for why she was abandoned in the first place.

Raising a baby mammal is certainly no picnic. Not only do you have to supply them with nutrients every few hours (in Nettle's case, heated goats' milk through a pipette...cows' milk + hedgehogs = DISASTER), but you have to enable them to relieve themselves yourself by running a damp cotton bud around the appropriate areas (in the wild, their mothers would apparently just lick them ).

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-15-2007 at 02:05 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote