Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #41
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Aww, no jellyfish? I thought they lived i ntrees.

"california" is really all we know.
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #42
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Vlad PLasmius lives in wisconsin, other than that... when did making fun of wisconsin pop up in every single cartoon?

I dont understand
(yup im from WI)

Last edited by k0ugs; 10-15-2006 at 06:16 PM.
k0ugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #43
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Its actually not just cartoons. It seems really that a LOT of actors (possibly especially comedians) are from Wisconsin; this may hold true as well for writers, so that's why they put that in a lot. No kidding - I had a roommate from Wisconsin once and he hyped the place so much all the time, making fun of California - it really burned me...but after that I always notice when Wisconsin is mentioned on television, and it is a LOT!! It's the darnedest thing.

Perhaps everyone from Wisconsin has a tendancy to make fun of other places and glorify Wisconsin whenever they're visiting/moving elsewhere, so much so that writers just can't HELP making fun of Wisconsin, just for revenge! That roommate of mine was pretty mean about California, and always going on about how great Wisconsin is. Maybe all Wisconsinites, or a lot of them anyways, are like that, and it just annoys everyone. It certainly annoyed ME.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #44
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Maybe all Wisconsinites, or a lot of them anyways, are like that, and it just annoys everyone. It certainly annoyed ME.
haha

i just think the other american's views of a wisconsinite is that we all have cheeseheads, live on a farm, and drink a lot of beer

well the last one is true (milwaukee is the #1 drinking city), most wisconsinites are just like you normal people... lol

cept everyone else says stuff funny, like calling a bubbler a "water fountain"
Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 AM   #45
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

This is getting off-topic. I think. Just one or two posts, but still...

EDIT: Aha, 4 off-topics. Boom.

Last edited by HappyFoppy; 10-16-2006 at 03:01 AM.
HappyFoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #46
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
According to Lauren Faust, Foster's is located "somewhere in the Pacific Northwest", and the trees and landscape ARE similar to what you'd see in Oregon or Washington state. Since they went to the beach in "Squeeze the Day", it stands to reason that they'd be near the ocean, so Wisconsin would be out, and it could not have been a lake beach, either, since there are no freshwater jellyfish in North America.

pitbulllady
I definitely concur with this! It is not uncommon to find victorian style homes along the Pacific Northwest; not to mention the cast went to a beach on "Squeeze the Day." The area that Foster's Home is in just does not have that Eastern seaboard feel - more Pacific seaboard. Just my two cents!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #47
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I feel obliged to share my feelings on a long dead thread. It seems that primary inspiration in the Pacific Northwest could've been none other than Humboldt County, California. Home to the coast redwood the tallest trees in the world, which are featured rather prominently in opening title sequence in the Foster's yard. Humboldt County's small town atmosphere, cultural idiosyncrasies, proximity to both Hollywood and the ocean makes it the number one candidate for a permanent location if there ever was one. However Imposter's has proven that the location of the entire town is not static as it seemed to saunter its way towards the Canadian Border. That downgrades the entire County as simply a very possible, and probable inspiration.

Also if this wasn't the inspiration for the house, or one of the primary inspirations, I'll eat my hat. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...California.jpg
I mean right down to the signage.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned

Last edited by AerostarMonk; 09-10-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Michael Douglas demanded it.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #48
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Also if this wasn't the inspiration for the house, or one of the primary inspirations, I'll eat my hat. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...California.jpg
I mean right down to the signage.
Wow, that's really something else. It just needs to be colored differently. So... What kind of house is it? A club of some kind?

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #49
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

It's an old mansion called the Carson Mansion. Recently it's home to the Ingomar Club, http://www.ingomar.org/
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned

Last edited by AerostarMonk; 09-10-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: He's still up to his shenanigans.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #50
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Anybody good with Photoshop want to try and shop it to resemble the Foster's Mansion?