Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #41
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Adam West View Post
What's The Sims 2: Stranded like?

Is it any good?
It's an offshoot of the main Sims 2 franchise. It's in a different, non-compatible format that the main game won't mesh with, so I don't use it. It's likely as good as the rest of the game series, which is very good indeed if you can put up with scores of glitches, occasional bad coding, and insidious hidden malware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
When is Sims 3 coming? Sims 2 and it's million variations are getting similar to how they released Street Fighter II
Sims 3 is supposedly due in early 2009 or possibly late 2008. There are very few details available about it at this point other than the addition of a "trait" system to give them more individual personalities and upgrades to their social behaviours. I had been looking forward to it quite a lot and was prepared to spend a few thousand dollars on a new system to play it but if it contains SecuROM then EA Games can go **** themselves, I won't buy it, and I strongly recommend that no one else buy it, either.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:41 AM   #42
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Writing from my Wii, in honor of the TGAoB&M game to Wii I bought today!

Quote:
Sims 3 is supposedly due in early 2009 or possibly late 2008. There are very few details available about it at this point other than the addition of a "trait" system to give them more individual personalities and upgrades to their social behaviours. I had been looking forward to it quite a lot and was prepared to spend a few thousand dollars on a new system to play it but if it contains SecuROM then EA Games can go **** themselves, I won't buy it, and I strongly recommend that no one else buy it, either.
I see ;/ But at leat some sims 2 games have been entertaining, like My Sims to Wii and DS. Castaway too, actually. I'm REALLY not a big fan of EA, so I'm not hoping for something awesome when Sims 3 comes, just... they're really milking the 2 dry
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 AM   #43
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
I see ;/ But at leat some sims 2 games have been entertaining, like My Sims to Wii and DS. Castaway too, actually. I'm REALLY not a big fan of EA, so I'm not hoping for something awesome when Sims 3 comes, just... they're really milking the 2 dry
Don't get me wrong; the game has brought a lot of joy into my life. EA, unfortunately, is a short-sighted company. From what I've been reading lately, working conditions there aren't particularly good; I've seen memo's from management on such delightful subjects as using fear of job loss to increase worker productivity. It's been theorized that the horrendous situation with bad coding in the Bon Voyage expansion may be because their best people have been pulled from Sims 2 to work on Sims 3, although then again the game has always had a reputation for glitches (nothing like this, however). As for the situation with SecuROM, I don't even know where to begin. Threads on the subject have been deleted on the main site, and people have been banned for the high crime of demanding an explanation. I don't blame EA for wanting to prevent it's products from being copied and they're entitled to take measures to stop it. But they are not entitled to disrupt people's systems, interfere with legitimate programs, reconfigure security settings, and leave ports open to viruses and trojans, all of which SecuROM does. To top it off, it doesn't prevent copying, either; pirated versions of the game were available less than 24 hours after it was released. Great job, EA, great job. I love the game and I will continue to play it (after I get everything fixed) but until EA admits their mistake and does something about it, I will purchase nothing more from them.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #44
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse

Super Mario 64 DS. I got the 100 coin stars for both Tall Tall Mountain and Tick Tock Clock. 9 more stars to go!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #45
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Finished story mode on The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy on Wii I actually liked it. A LOT. Tons of stuff to unlock. Nice cellshading graphics. Nice gameplay. And hilarious all the way through... especially the Mojo Meltdowns... why do they ALL end in incenation? XD Nice dilaogue too and breaking of the fourth wall to question why the player gets enjoyment from seeing them all beat each other to death, oh and "Don't mention the plotholes."
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #46
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I love the game and I will continue to play it (after I get everything fixed) but until EA admits their mistake and does something about it, I will purchase nothing more from them.
*nods* EA has been slipping for a while now. Their quality control in terms of buggy and glitchy games is awful. EA's community support is shot too-they've made promises to support their games with patches but drop the games once their newest title is released.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #47
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
*nods* EA has been slipping for a while now. Their quality control in terms of buggy and glitchy games is awful. EA's community support is shot too-they've made promises to support their games with patches but drop the games once their newest title is released.
Almost every Sims 2 expansion has required a patch, sometimes more than one. The real fun is contacting tech support. Everytime I've emailed them I've had to do it twice because the first reply they send is always "EA Games is not legally responsible..." blah, blah, blah. I don't care, I just need the registry codes, thank you. From what I've heard they've been far worse in the past months, including hanging up on callers, being rude, giving out false or misleading information, things like that. I'm done with them; if I need technical help I'll go to MATY.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #48
Kamikaze
Newly Abandoned
[Insert witty text handle here]  

Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007

Yeah, I'm a wrestling fan, shoot me
Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #49
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

so my buddy and i are hitting game stores to find him a copy of Red Faction 2, my all-time favorite shooter. No luck, but i get Killzone used. Get home. Doesn't work. Pissed.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #50
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
so my buddy and i are hitting game stores to find him a copy of Red Faction 2, my all-time favorite shooter. No luck, but i get Killzone used. Get home. Doesn't work. Pissed.
And this is why I don't buy used games(assuming it was used). I almost always end up with a problem of some kind and they're usually not priced all that much cheaper.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote