Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #41
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Yeah, Scrappy became kind of annoying after a very short time, both his design and his accent. I couldn't help but think of Scooby-Doo's Scrappy after awhile.

Loved the "Doo-doo head" line; funniest line in the episode.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-20-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:51 AM   #42
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

I really liked this episode, because Ed was the star! It was excellent! Loved it through and through! It gets an A in my book!

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #43
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Cute episode, made my heart melt again... then again, any Ed-centric episode has that effect on me. He's just so loveable.

By the way, the end credits gag is Madame Foster waking up, realizing she missed the entire paintball tournament. (Yay iTunes)
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #44
Dragonrider1227
At Home

Major Frankie fan  

This was a great episode. For starters, it centered around Eduardo who is my favorite Imaginary friend. I loved all the references to past episodes, the baby friends were adorable, and I got all fanboy-like watching Frankie be all sweet and nurturing *hearts in eyes*

[center]
Dragonrider1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Nice pisode for a Bachman script

Nice to see more of Eduardo and Wilt... though I admit I missed Mac (but him shooting Bloo in the butt while waving it in the air both disturbed and impressed me XD). At many times I was scared that Bloo would get the short end for the wrong reasons (ie Ed would actually succeed with his lies and Bloo would be thought of as a baby), but the end satisfied me <3 he got the short end for the RIGHT reasons

Things that made me laugh? When Ed just picked Frankie up and carried her out of the nursery room XD she looked DEAD! Also when Ed knocked out Bloo with the smelly sock, "OH MY... WHAT-!"... oh and Wilt in the PA system XD

Bloo felt a LITTLE screamy at times, but stayed in character the whole way though, so I suppose it's alright... Scrappy was indeed annoying (scrappy doo... ew), but the fact that he knew about Ed and still kept it a scret was pretty cute

Jackie Khones was alright in this... I like his meaner side, now he just wanted a sandwich... last time he went to COURT for it. But the fact that Bloo looks up to him was nice, it shows he's not ENTIRELY narcissistic
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #46
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

That'll cost you some extra mayo. :lol:

In addition, there was a reference to the worst series CN ever made IMO, Ed Edd 'N Eddy, with the title. Upon checking TV.com, of which I am the editor in chief of the Foster's section (natch), there was no EENE episode titled "Better Off Ed." Score one for Derrick Bachman.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 10-20-2007 at 10:43 AM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #47
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

So, a pretty standard episode. Which, considering this is Fosters after all, means it was a pretty GOOD episode. I liked the sock gag "This is for MY own good." and the Jackie Khones parts. I liked Wilt being Wilt there, and the fact that Coco was actually IN this episode. She didn't do anything major, but that's standard for Coco. What with her unintelligable dialouge, it's kinda hard to put her in big parts. I also liked the part where Bloo was breaking down just because the babies were mocking him. It shows that Bloo's not that far from being a baby himself. Also, as for the "growing up" part, it still doesn't prove that imaginary friends age, Mr Herriman may have been reffering to Scrappy being more mature mentally (or he just looked at his file and saw that he'd been in the house for AGES.) One last detail, I found Frankie's comforting to be nice, but didn't exactly miss it, as I was unaware it had been gone. I guess I just take that for granted as one of her key features.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #48
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Compared to "Ticket to Rod" and "Nightmare on Wilson Way" and the Madame Foster Batman episode, I'd say "Better off Ed" was AWESOME. XD The script was amazing, and I loved how Bloo managed to turn the tables on Ed before getting them turned on himself. The Eduardo-centric episodes somehow always manage to be one of the best ones, for me. I think it's because they always focus on how he's a "baby" and ends up saving the day - it's really sweet.

That aside, I am extremely happy at the use of Wilt in this episode. XD SO MUCH FAIL FOR THE INTERCOM. "Uh... ahem. Excuse me, sorry, uh... could uh, Scrappy, please, uh... excuse me. Sorry. Uh..." I DIED. OH, WILT, YOU FAIL SO MUCH. XDDD I LOVE YOU.

And the dirty sock as Chloroform. I DIEEEEEEEED. XD I never thought Ed would do something like that, but the sheer amount of win at the idea of Ed knocking BLOO out is amazing. and Wilt's "Why is there paint on the ceiling?" Right before JACKIE KNOCKS HIM OUT. JACKIE. Are they thinking of upgrading him to main cast status or something, he's been featured in a lot of the Season 5 episodes. XD I'm not complaining. But dude. Jackie's "O RLY?" took the cake. XD

And Frankie. FRANKIE. She was awesome.

"Eduardo is the best Friend in the house."
"I know."
"And Bloo is a doo-doo head!"
"...I know." XDDDDD!!

I love love LOVE this episode.

edit: Oh, and Scrappy? Didn't like the character, mainly because he (I thought it was a she at first) resembled that French airhead from the "Foster's Goes to Europe" episode. I already hate that character. XD

Last edited by ptps; 10-20-2007 at 06:48 PM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #49
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Awww, Ed with the kiddies, how sweet! I liked this eppie, it was sweet and fun, and no one ended up suffering. And I always have to say "Bravo" when an eppie has a more than subtle moral lesson.

I loved it when Ed, out of nowhere, picks Frankie up and carries her on his back like a sack of potatoes. And Frankie just lies there, I would have expected her to tell him to put her down, or maybe start laughing. And then he takes her out and kisses her feet in gratitude. And one of the best lines was Ed saying "Weh-wee?" And Frankie says right back to him "Weh-wee!" It reminded me of "GWH" when Wilt says "Crithmuth", LOL!!

When he asks when he's ever been brave and Frankie can't answer, I yelled out "Ed, you saved Mac from the Extremesaur, remember? And then you saved him again, along with Bloo, Coco, and Wilt from another Extremesaur! And you saved Wilt from the 'Cannonball' ghost when he was so freaked out he was paralyzed and couldn't run away for himself!" Yeah... We've seen Ed's not always a "baby".

Yes, Wilt on the intercom, that was classic. I wonder if he actually "broke the rules" and used the intercom without permission. Herriman wasn't there to ask permission from. And I can't imagine Herriman giving Wilt permission to use it whenever he wants, but Frankie must get "loud-speaker privileges". Ah, I analyze things too much. But that was sure funny.

Scrappie, hmm, I didn't feel a connection to him either. He seemed too old in the first place to be in the nursery. And his accent sounded too "Brooklyn tough-guy" to be a baby. But I didn't despise him. I liked his design, and literal "button-nose". He sounded an aweful lot like Cheese, I'm thinking Candi did his voice.

Who knew you can put someone under by forcing them to smell dirty socks? And poor Wilt, getting knocked out, first by Scrappie first landing on his head, and secondly by Jackie forcing him to smell a dirty sock. His questions after coming to made me crack up. Haha, poor Wilt!

I liked Jackie again in this eppie, too. I loved it how he tricked Ed into making him the perfect sandwich when he had already told Scrappie the truth. His character is still kind of on the wrong side, but he's getting better. The crew is doing a good job on him, I think.

I noticed Frankie has a purple purse now. In "Bus the Two of Us" it's pink! It's nice to get new things, isn't it?

I liked the paintball scene, and Ed saves Scrappie from a paintball. I felt bad for Bloo though, I've been in his place, with people thinking I'm someone I'm not and/or someone else taking the credit for what I did. But overall, I think it was a nice episode.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #50
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
Jackie Khones was alright in this... I like his meaner side, now he just wanted a sandwich... last time he went to COURT for it.
I couldn't stand that, given that he screwed over practically everyone in that episode not named Cheese. I mean, he was hideously ungrateful towards Madame Foster there.

Last edited by cartman414; 10-21-2007 at 12:47 AM.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote