Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #41
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
It was on FanFiction.net. But it's really OLD and hard to find.

*steals Wilt from Berry and gives him to IsaneFan*

BTW I remember you. You were on Cartoon Central! But its closed now.
Crud. D=

YAY! *takes Wilt and runs off*

Oh, yeah. I was. Didn't post much, though. I post at several forums, and I kept forgetting to visit.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #42
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I thought Berry was great! Berry scarey was one of the first episodes I seen and it helped make me a die-hard fan of the show. It was makeing me laugh from start to finish!
For secondary characters-Berry is just behind Cheese at the top of my favorite's list. She was so cute but so psycotic. That's what made her so funny. I was rolling on the floor when she corrected Bloo about her name when she was tied up in the rubber band ball. MY NAME IS BERRY!!!
I thought another fun part of the episode was how Frankie was trying to get Bloo and Berry together. It was cute. And "I can doodle a snicker!" is the best line ever.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #43
donna323
Settling In

Cheese, Please!  

Default Let's get Analytical

It's like this ...

Berry is just another midunderstood woman ... er, female. A woman whose needs haven't been met in her life for one reason or another. And rather than wilt in a corner somewhere, she goes raging into the night, demanding what she needs and seeing nothing but her goal.

Berry keeps her eye on the tiger. To the exclusion of all else. I mean, all Cruella really wanted was a fur coat, right?

Other misunderstood women include Cruella DeVille, The Evil Queen, Ursula ... etc. ... any number of scary female villans from your last seen Disney movie.

And so ... in the spirit of being completely deluded and apart from reality (because the alternative is waaaaay too bleak), Berry will do everything and anything she can to remain deluded.

Anything else would be complete mediocrity ... and that is horrifying to her.

~D~

Last edited by donna323; 10-07-2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: forgot something
donna323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #44
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna323 View Post
It's like this ...

Berry is just another midunderstood woman ... er, female. A woman whose needs haven't been met in her life for one reason or another. And rather than wilt in a corner somewhere, she goes raging into the night, demanding what she needs and seeing nothing but her goal.

Berry keeps her eye on the tiger. To the exclusion of all else. I mean, all Cruella really wanted was a fur coat, right?

Other misunderstood women include Cruella DeVille, The Evil Queen, Ursula ... etc. ... any number of scary female villans from your last seen Disney movie.

And so ... in the spirit of being completely deluded and apart from reality (because the alternative is waaaaay too bleak), Berry will do everything and anything she can to remain deluded.

Anything else would be complete mediocrity ... and that is horrifying to her.

~D~
I agree with you on all these women being completely misunderstood in Disney movies (save the Evil Queen.. that woman just had issues), and it particularly bothers me that most of these women's motives to be "evil" were fueled by jealousy, envy, and vanity. You can really tell how far back in years these movies go, huh? Anyway, slightly off topic.

I think Berry might have even been considered a wee bit psychotic. But really; I couldn't see any difference between her and any other possessive and jealous female doubling as a body guard to her heart's desire. It even pissed me off a little that Mac cut her rubber band and took away her hard work. I mean, building a GIANT rubber band ball just to get someone as aloof as Bloo to roll his eyes your way? I admit, I don't enjoy my boyfriend's friends hanging out all the time, particularly when I'm around and want to have some alone time; it's intrusive. If it keeps up day after day, you BET *I'm* gonna be raising heck over it. Berry took it one step further; though everything she did to get Mac out of the picture was pleasingly quiet, yet obvious. Until she snapped. It just depends on what your concept of socially acceptable reactions are. Those are just my two cents.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #45
donna323
Settling In

Cheese, Please!  

Cool response, Doublelatte ...

Further --> think about what Berry went through at her home before she was surrendered. She was either neglected or abused, in one form or another (that is appropriate to the topic, of course) *or* the kid that imagined her had issues that were transposed on to her. You know, kinda like Cheese and Louise being so alike in many ways.

I've read the string about Berry having a crush on Wilt, though ... I don't think it would work. I don't think Berry would maintain interest in him because he is too accommodating. He's too nice a guy. Something in Berry likes the bad boys (the bad bloo boys, that is), and I think she's used to being treated poorly.

For Berry, I think the chase is the thrill ... it makes her feel alive!

~D~
donna323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #46
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I just saw the episode and to be honest, I'm sorry to say i can't for the life of me see in anyway shape or form how Berry is "misunderstood". Neither are the disney female villains misunderstood, their actions speak for their personalities.

Cruella for example was insanely obsessive with killing the puppies, she wanted them dead more then the actual coat. The way she drove at them at the end of the movie trying to grab them, did she look like she was doing all this work for a piece of cloth?

No, she wanted dead puppies for a coat, that is as mean spirited as you get. Ursula wanted to control all of the sea and had no problem trying to kill Eric, Triton, or Ariel to do it. Ursula manpiulates people for her own selfish purposes and uses people just to get what she wants.

Now back to Berry. I admit Bloo helped push Berry to her breaking point, he's not the easiest imaginary friend to tolerate for 5 minutes let alone for a lifetime relationship. But Berry is psycho and nothing Bloo or anyone else does will change that.

Her mental instability shows that whether Bloo did everything perfectly for her, there would always be someone or something that did some minor, inane thing that would drive her over the deep end, and that's why I feel she is a villain and a dangerous one at that.

She tried to kill Mac for crying out loud! She locked him in an ice box with ice cream. I also suggest people don't bring up the idea that Berry was abused or neglected, because that's basically just drudging up a whole "maybe this" scenario mess.

We can surmise and suggest and assume all we want, but we'll never know who created Berry or why she is the way she is so it doesn't help to make up scenarios for her when it's just as good as anyone's guess. Me personally, I would assume it was because of her psycho personality she got dumped.

I love Berry as a character, and after seeing the episode, I could totally see her coming back as a villain like Terrance and Duchess. But I just can't swallow the idea that Berry is misunderstood. Anyone that pops a blood vessel over seeing someone with your best friend within a matter of seconds.

Without knowing the whole story, the whole truth, and ends up creating paper cut outs to purposely prove a negative point to that person, has a LOT more problems to worry about then simply being misunderstood.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #47
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Well said on every point. Some IF's - and people, too - are just what they seem to be; there's nothing deeper. Not every personality problem stems from abuse or neglect.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #48
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

While I agree with that (and it's nice to hear that said, and said well, from time to time) I still enjoy reading everyone's ideas. Don't have many of my own, but I like to read 'em. Still, its best that everyone be able to stand up and say "That's just how they ARE" every once in a while, lol.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #49
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I'm not knocking people's possible backgrounds for characters, it's always nice to hear someone's imagination about something. But I just don't like it when they try to make an assumptions as a means to explain a character they can't honestly back up.

Berry is the way she is because this is who she is. Not everyone in the world needs a traumatic childhood or a life altering event in their life to make them go psycho. Look at Jack Napier/The Joker, he is evil by NATURE, it's just who he is. Same with guys like Freddy Kreuger and Chucky the doll.

Evil is not always beaten into you by bad expierences or parents or creators or whatever, evil is also genetic. People are crazy and wacko in the noggin just naturally, imaginary friends I doubt are any different. They seem to be more like us then we think.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #50
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Huh...Just noticing that the two people who think she's misunderstood are girls, and the two that don't think so are guys.

In any case, I just think she's a funny character that I can relate to. I could probably stand to see her show up again...