Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #41
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Holy snot, talk about a freakin' PLOT TWIST!
ROTFL!! Oh my Stars and Garters! I soooo did NOT see that coming! Even when I saw the Macaroni Bloo, at first I just thought it was a similar one, and just part of this obsessed Barry-with-an-a's shrine. Besides, Bloo had knocked it over and it broke. But after a few seconds I saw it- "Barry"/"Berry". Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Heck, I'm still a little giggly over the whole thing.
Haha, same here! Yeah, at seeing poor sweet Mac feeling betrayed by his bestest buddy, and looking like he was about to cry, I also was about to cry. I wanted to reach through the TV screen and hug him! But as it went on, there were so many delightful surprises, like Mac's sugar high (and how he said "Cchhhooooccccoooollllaaaatttte!!!" LOL!), the way both Bloo and Mac carried on entire conversations with the other, without the other having to say a word (that was just too sweet!), Bloo hitting himself in the face until he was all red, I just couldn't stop laughing! And then the end.... Need I say more? Nope, probably not. I was all giddy and clapping and cheering for a good half hour (seriously!) after I finished watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
I don't understand why they had to cut off the end credits gag just to promote the soon to be flop Out of Jimmy's Head...
<a screen cap CN didn't show goes here>
Why aren't they showing screen caps/eppie gags as much as they use to? I'm starting to hate advertising. It's dumb. I just saw the screen cap for "Say it isn't Sew" for the very first time only a few days ago. So the family managed to get untied and are now surveying the damage left when Berry rolled out of the house on the rubber-band ball? Or did Mac and Bloo release them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
.....That was weird.

The fact that Bloo couldn't choose between playing with a paddleball and saving his best friend from certain doom was a little disturbing.
Yes it was. It almost made me sick. Blooregard, how do you even have to*decide* between Mac getting smashed to bits by that train and picking that paddle ball up? But then I remember that maybe Bloo thinks on an entirely different level than everyone else does. Maybe he was actually deciding *how* to rescue Mac. He already knew how he could use the paddle ball to do it, but maybe there was a better way? Yeah, I've decided that's what Bloo was trying to decide. Bloo, you're confusing, but in the end, I was very proud of you.

I loved this episode with a passion! It was sort of a "bad day" ep for Mac I suppose, but it wasn't as bad as I originally feared. It turned out way too funny and surprising to be a let down in any way.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 PM   #42
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Wow, great episode :O

But am I the only one who DID sorta see it coming? I mean the first one I could think of when he said his name was Barry was Berry. I mean, I wouldn't think the writers would be so uncreative as to give almost similar names to two different characters... so... yeah. But it was still a great episode

I'm happy this episode had so much mac and Bloo friendship, and yet again I see why Mac is my favorite character. His drunken fumbling through the mansion was hilarious XD I'm sorta annoyed they didn't rescue the family at the end, though, but also amused as it just leaves them there to die
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #43
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Hooooooooooly cow!!!!!!!!!

Wow, this episode absolutely rocked hard! I'll admit that things got off to a bit of a slow start, however, the second half made the episode worth watching. Once again, Duchess makes an appearance, and her role in this one was more significant. I felt bad for Mac, as I saw him looking as if he was going to shed some tears. Some of the high moments was seeing Mac's sugar-crazy self again, and the *gasps* return of "Heather"!!! ...er, I mean....Berry (darn it, she looks like a "Heather" to me). I know some folks are a bit disappointed that certain characters were not present in the episode, but to be honest with you, I didn't see the need for them to make any appearances. Man, another "awwwwww" moment at the end. I love to see Mac and Bloo show how much they care.

I realize that death was mentioned on a previous episode or so, but I don't believe I've heard anyone mentioning "kill (name here)" for a 'children's' cartoon in a long time. It is significant, because most kid's cartoons are Politically Correct, when it comes to mentioning death. I am amazed at how the crew really makes this show more realistic than it really is. It's also cool to see more continuation of the series (with flashbacks from "Berry Scary"), another element you do not get in many cartoons. Once again, "hip-hip...huzzah!!!" Excellent work, Foster's crew.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #44
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Yes it was. It almost made me sick. Blooregard, how do you even have to*decide* between Mac getting smashed to bits by that train and picking that paddle ball up? But then I remember that maybe Bloo thinks on an entirely different level than everyone else does. Maybe he was actually deciding *how* to rescue Mac. He already knew how he could use the paddle ball to do it, but maybe there was a better way? Yeah, I've decided that's what Bloo was trying to decide. Bloo, you're confusing, but in the end, I was very proud of you.
You know, I came to that same conclusion when I realized that even he wouldn't be easily distracted by something he could go back for one moment later. So from there I figured the paddleball was part of his rescue plan.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 AM   #45
Ricky Fieldmouse
Revived Member

HELLO THERE. I'M DOCTOR RABBIT  

Send a message via MSN to Ricky Fieldmouse

The moment I saw the macaroni sculpture I thought that the writers copied the storyboard from a fan-fiction. =P But I later realized the ep was too awesome for a fan-fiction.

This now ranks in my top 10 fav. episode list. It makes me dissapointed that I didn't see the other eps this week.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #46
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I just watched this episode myelf (cheers, Sparky), and - bloody hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post

But am I the only one who DID sorta see it coming? I mean the first one I could think of when he said his name was Barry was Berry. I mean, I wouldn't think the writers would be so uncreative as to give almost similar names to two different characters... so... yeah. But it was still a great episode
When "Barry" first introduced himself to Mac and Bloo, I actually misheard it as "Berry", and I couldn't quite get her image out of my head every time they called him by name. But it was a connection I would have dismissed as too good to be true. Poor naive jj.

(I'm not sure if the flashbacks were totally necessary, since they detracted from what might have been a truly shocking "GOTCHA!" moment, but that's small potatoes.)

Anyhow, a fine, fine episode, in which Mac and Bloo behave almost like a troubled married couple - Bloo is drawn to a little infidelity, and Mac, upon realisation of this, goes to drown his sorrows in sugar. There was a sizeable role for Duchess too, which pleases me greatly, particularly since she didn't get much screen time in Season 4 (I got a real kick out of seeing the corners of her mouth go upwards - er, I mean to her right - for a very brief moment...she has quite a charming little grin). Nice to see more of Richie Wildebrat too, if only for a background cameo.

And yep, the return of such a familiar and long-dormant face should indeed be a new ray of hope to those of us who revere a one-off character. I'm still not getting my hopes up that I'll ever see my beloved Tinseltown producer again, but it's good to see that not every Foster's antagonist need fall off the face of the earth after being defeated (obviously Duchess and Terrence don't count).

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-14-2007 at 05:04 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #47
Parsec
Newly Abandoned
STOP BEING AFRAID OF CLOWNS!  

Send a message via AIM to Parsec

Aside from the time Mr. Herriman said, "I could have been killed!", there was one other time death was mentioned:

Mac: This isn't a game anyore! This is life or death; do or die!
Eduardo: I don't want to die!
Mac: Then we have no choice. We've got to DO.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #48
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I realize that death was mentioned on a previous episode or so, but I don't believe I've heard anyone mentioning "kill (name here)" for a 'children's' cartoon in a long time. It is significant, because most kid's cartoons are Politically Correct, when it comes to mentioning death. I am amazed at how the crew really makes this show more realistic than it really is. It's also cool to see more continuation of the series (with flashbacks from "Berry Scary"), another element you do not get in many cartoons. Once again, "hip-hip...huzzah!!!" Excellent work, Foster's crew.
I totally know what you mean, it's sign a refreshing and wonderful thing to see consistency in a cartoon show. Actually showing IMAGES and direct referencing an episode that happened before. Fosters rarely has done this, most of it was short, small references like Mac and Bloo finding Uncle Pockets junk in "Squeeze the day".

Mac wanting to buy back his rocket wars figures that he wasted on Bloo's stupid movie from "false movie" AND the rip off artist line. But this was a much more effective and powerful flashback, bringing back Berry was a genius idea and they played it out so smart that you almost couldn't believe it happened.

This episode was a landmark on so many levels: breaking cartoon taboo rules and as a Foster's episode in and of itself. I truly tip my hat to the Fosters crew, this is the first time they have truly "wowed me", I never expected this kind of material from Fosters or that I would EVER see any kind of material from this kind of kids show.

Fosters is not the kind of show that involves life or death situations or villains of Berry's caliber (btw, I don't think anyone can honestly have sympathy for Berry and her "supposed" abuse possibility after this episode), so for this show to take the initiative and make an episode like this a big deal as far as cartoon "death" goes.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #49
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

Wow. Just wow.
This was just too great. I have to admit that I actually didn't see the plot twist coming... I mean, I was sort of thinking about if Berry would return when season four had all these Cheese and Goo appearances, but I had a lot of doubts, since she hadn't been seen since season one. And then this episode shows up, and Berry's... back on track! Okay, sorry about that.
The sort of serious atmosphere in the train scene is great! It actually is pretty suspenseful even though you know Mac's not getting killed. Gosh, I just rememberred a comment of mine earlier in this thread, before it aired...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
The thing we know is that Bloo will go with Mac in the end, unless this is to start the spin-off "The Adventures of Bloo and [unknown rich paddleball kid's name]".
That thought is even more scary now that the ep has aired...

Anyway, I also loved the comedy of the ep. Bloo did act like a jerk, but a funny jerk, and he also felt bad about it. Besides, he made up for it by saving Mac's life in the end. Now, the thing with Mac drowning his sorrows in sugar and acting like a drunk has to be my favourite Mac-on-sugar scene.

All in all, a fantasma-astical ep, and a great addition to a great season! One last thing... for some reason, that shot where Berry rolls away tied to a rubber band ball once again spells out "she'll be back again" for me.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #50
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Even though I accidentally stumbled on the huge twist of the episode, before the fact, it certainly didn't diminish my enjoyment of it in the slightest.

AWF was another incredibly well done episode, and was hilarious from start to finish.

I particularly liked both of the one sided conversations, Mac and Bloo had during the course of the episode, the little montage of Bloo's "affair", the whole "Mac drowning his sorrows" bit. (Even though I totally saw where they were going with that, when he entered the ice cream parlor.) and of course all of the call backs to previous episodes which are always a nice touch for the long time viewers.

So yeah another winner in a long line of winners.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote