Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Notices

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall Topics relating to the MMORPG FusionFall belong here.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #41
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
"no offense to anyone here but I think it means that they think anime is a "superior" style of animation and that's just sad, in my opinion."
I've seen just as many horrible Animes', as I've seen many horrible Cartoons. It honestly depends on actual design. Like there's lots of different general Cartoon designs, take Justice League, for example, as opposed to, well, Fosters. There's other different Anime designs out there, too. Look it up yourself! lolz!

Anyways, this game Still does NOT look interesting to me. Foster's BFAHP was enough, IMO.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #42
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Fyi, if anyone's interested in signing up for the beta, don't use Firefox. It won't accept the dxdiag.txt file you have to upload if you use Firefox. IE seems to work okay though.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #43
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Well, as it's now 2008, some seem to be getting more in the hype of this game. It was originally suppose to come out "Spring of 2008", and now it says "Summer of 2008". Not too surprising though, there always seems to be something that comes up to postpone the original date.

With the new beta, there's a new look to the page, for anyone who hasn't visited it in a while. New pictures, too. Including this one-

Nice.

I still don't think I'll actually play it, but I'm still enjoying seeing some of our favorite cartoon characters done in a different style. Locations too, as you can see. Along with our favorite mansion here, there's also a pic of Leaky Lake (from Camp Lazlo), and Sector V's Tree House (From Codename: KND), and Mojo's Volcano (from PPG), and a few others. I still think they're all fun to see.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #44
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Very nice. I don't plan on playing either but I must admit to being intrigued. I look forward to seeing some pics of the characters.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #45
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

I know, me too. I've searched throughout the sight looking for any Foster's characters, and didn't find any that aren't already posted in this thread. I don't know how many pics we'll be able to see without actually playing the game though. Hopefully someone will be able to get screen shots.

I'm wanting to see Wilt in this game, wondering what he'd look like. Ed was in the video, so I'd think Wilt (and Coco) would be there too. Oh, and in the pic above, there appears to be a labyrinth of some sort behind the house. I found that amusing.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #46
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

There's a new interview up with Sam Lewis, the lead designer of the game here. Some interesting tid bits from the interview-

Quote:
Jason: What characters are going to be the nanos?

Sam: We've got thirty-six. We've got characters from the Kids Next Door – Numbers 1 thru 5. Ben 10. We're not actually giving you a Ben nano, but rather one of Ben 10's alien forms. We are using the newest version of Ben 10.

Jason: The series that has aged him?

Sam: Right, so we selected that. So we have some of the new alien forms and some of the old ones. We've got Grim, Billy, and Mandy. We've got Courage. Dexter, Deedee, and Mandark. Oh, Foster's Home – we've got Blue and Coco. The cool thing is we have Blue in there being as snarky as ever, but we've also got the Blue nano. The cool thing is saying, "Okay, how does Blue and Mandy get along? How long until Mandy kicks Number Three?" So we had a lot of fun with those reactions.
Quote:
Jason: Besides being nanos, are you going to ever be questing with the characters?

Sam: Yes, they'll be in the party with you. So during the quests you'll be taking missions from the characters, but sometimes they'll join you and fight with you. You'll be joined by people like Blue, Billy, and they'll help you complete these missions. So you'll be interacting with them as NPCs, nanos, and as characters that tag along with you.

Jason: Is the battle system going to be standard "click and attack" or is it going to be more action oriented like running and attacking?

Sam: It's definitely a little FPS-ish – not like click on this pixel to hit that pixel, but more hand-eye coordination. A lot of it is also managing the nanos as each nano is better at fighting certain types of monsters; a simple rock, paper, and scissor type of system. So if you have the right nano up you'll do more damage. The monsters have targeted attacks that really take you out of that sandwich combat formula. As you progress a little higher, you will have to pay attention, and we're finding out the kids are really enjoying showing off their player skill.
Quote:
Jason: Is it going to be free play?

Sam: Oh that one I already know – the business model has not been announced yet. How is that? There will be a free component though.

Jason: Are there going to be microtransactions?

Sam: The business model has not been announced yet. (hahaha) That's one of the great things about working for Turner – they are very hands off and give you a tremendous amount of freedom with the property, but the bad thing is there are certain things – like the marketing and PR – that is very important to them and we can't discuss. It's a system that is news worthy enough that they want to make a big deal of it.
Sooooo, it sounds like there will be free parts of the game. That's cool. Although it sounds like probably the most fun parts will require a fee. And hehe, whoever typed this up clearly is not familiar with our favorite show and how to correctly spell Bloo's name.

Last edited by Lynnie; 06-12-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #47
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Considering most MMOs require some sort of payment to play, it shouldn't be a surprise to me. Anything free is better than nothing, but we'll have to wait for more details. Maybe, those details will be revealed at Comic-Con next month.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:26 AM   #48
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

If the business model is like any of those wacky, fun-loving online games like Gunbound, Albatross 18, or Shot Online, chances are some of the better items will require real money to buy.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #49
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I like how his examples of character interaction all include Mandy =3 Her hanging out with Bloo is something I really want to see =D

If the game ends up being good I'll probably pay up for whatever extras they have in store. Right now I'm playing DOMO but I could probably fit another MMO into my gaming time =3
Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #50
WestBunny:3
Newly Abandoned

We must dominate the world!  

Sorry, can I make a question? I think I've seen EVERY cartoon network character in anime style in deviantart, and seriously, isn't numbuh 5's fanart exactly like in that screenshot a few pages ago?