Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #41
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

exactly. That was pretty funny as well.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #42
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I think Frankie is one of the best written characters in the show. She's very realistic but still fits in with the cast. And her moments tend to be the best in any given episode.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #43
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
poor old Frankie. Always getting the bad side of things.
Which is why I hope the next Frankie episode ends with her actually having a happy ending, instead of being mistreated and/or having an annoying cheat twist for an ending.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:06 AM   #44
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo2daMacs View Post
heh heh, poor old Frankie. Always getting the bad side of things.
Not necessarily true. It's happened to Mac, Bloo, and others.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #45
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

I think that depressing endings are somtimes better than happy ones. If Foster's ended "and they lived happily ever after" every single episode, I don't think I would like it as much as I do. Life isn't always easy and smooth, and in order for life to seem realistic, there has to be ups and downs.

Last edited by BlooCheese; 08-26-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #46
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I think that depressing endings are somtimes better than happy ones. If Foster's ended "and they lived happily ever after" every single episode, I don't think I would like it as much as I do. Life isn't always easy and smooth, and in order for life to seem realistic, there has to be ups and downs.
perhaps. But the "depressing" (I'd use "imperfect" or "twist" instead) endings are not entertaining simply because someone got the short end of the stick. They are entertaining because of who got hosed, how they react, and who is doing the hosing. It's all subjective as to what folks find funny when someone gets hosed, of course.
I found "Busted" entertaining because, even though Frankie got the short end of the stick, her increasingly frustrated reactions to Herriman's silly rules were funny. Or her reaction to the discovery that Bloo and crew have been responsible for a lot of the messes that she has to clean up, "Guys, this isn't cool." (it's so calm compared to how she reacts to Herriman, funny). Also, there's some percieved justice at the end as Frankie chases Herriman around with a broom.

Or rather, "Imposter's" wasn't very entertaining, outside of a few incidents, because Frankie got the short end of the stick at the hands of a jerk. It wasn't funny that she missed her concert because she ran into rude imaginary friend that disguised his primary imaginary attribute. Frankly, I think it would be tough to make a situation where Frankie is unable to take her deserved time off entertaining.

Maybe I think too much about this...
Old 08-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #47
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
I do agree, though it doesn't always work that way. I, for one, do not wish for every episode to have happy endings (except when the show ends, of course ), and that's the case for this show.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #48
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
perhaps. But the "depressing" (I'd use "imperfect" or "twist" instead) endings are not entertaining simply because someone got the short end of the stick. They are entertaining because of who got hosed, how they react, and who is doing the hosing. It's all subjective as to what folks find funny when someone gets hosed, of course.
I found "Busted" entertaining because, even though Frankie got the short end of the stick, her increasingly frustrated reactions to Herriman's silly rules were funny. Or her reaction to the discovery that Bloo and crew have been responsible for a lot of the messes that she has to clean up, "Guys, this isn't cool." (it's so calm compared to how she reacts to Herriman, funny). Also, there's some percieved justice at the end as Frankie chases Herriman around with a broom.

Or rather, "Imposter's" wasn't very entertaining, outside of a few incidents, because Frankie got the short end of the stick at the hands of a jerk. It wasn't funny that she missed her concert because she ran into rude imaginary friend that disguised his primary imaginary attribute. Frankly, I think it would be tough to make a situation where Frankie is unable to take her deserved time off entertaining.

Maybe I think too much about this...
What you said makes plenty of sense to me.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #49
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

To me as well. "Busted" was funny; "Imposter's" was hurtful.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #50
Voxxyn
Banned

That is true. But I guess they've done such a good job writing her character that some(Like me) form an attachment that goes way beyond what is expected of characters in a children's cartoon.

But seriously, I have NO problem with gags and funny bits at Frankie's expense--I loved the smear song in "Setting A President"(Though I've personally rewritten it to praise her and attack Herriman )--and I don't mind seeing her misery played for laughs as long as she gets some measure of vengeance or catharsis in the end, like in "Busted" and "Crime After Crime".
Closed Thread