Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #41
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Guys, it's official: I have FINALLY seen GWH! YAY! "XD" doesn't even begin to cover it!!!!!!

Story time (I'll try to keep this short): After watching the Macy's parade on TV, I was scrolling through the on-screen TV guide dealy-whopper for CN to see when GWH was on. just as I'd assumed and predicted, it was on from 7:30 to 8:30. I asked my parents if I could watch it, and they said that if I was good (read: not mouthing off) and cheerful all day, I could.

So I tried my hardest to be good and cheerful all day. There were several times when I could feel my cheerfulness ready to slip, but I reminded myself, Darn it, be cheerful-- "Good Wilt Hunting" is on the line! (Hey, whatever kept me from losing my cool...)

Well, 7:30 rolls around and my dad's flipping it over to CN. Would you believe my parents actually watched it with me?! It was great because we were laughing at it together and whenever they asked me a question ("Why does he [Wilt] have only one arm?" "If he's imaginary, how can he be playing basketball?" "Will the little yellow one who sang in the parade be in this one?"), I could show off my knowledge. (My answers: "You'll see later." "In the show, once you create your imaginary friend, anyone can see it." "Don't think so, Dad.")

At 8:30, I was happy and satisfied and I had introduced my parents to what could very well be a new family fav. (It's a stretch, but hey, I can dream, can't I?) My dad said he liked Nina and Frankie the best. (Cassini, you may have competition. Although I highly doubt it-- again, it's a bit of a stretch and Dad may have been joking when he said it.)

So yeah. I finally got to see GWH, so I can go on with my life in peace. Very good-- definately my new favorite episode.
I'm so glad you finally got to see GWH! So, what's your opinion of it? You can probably find the original thread on it and post there, since I'd love to see if you felt it stacked up to the hype. That movie made a LOT of new Wilt fans, especially among the boys I teach, who were for the most part rather hostile towards the Wilt-Man before, since he wasn't tough or "man" enough in their eyes to warrent them liking him. Once they saw him in that movie, though, it changed their minds and their definitions of what it means to be a strong, tough guy. I see a lot more of them with Wilt doodles alongside their DragonBallZ doodles and sketches of cars and motorcycles, so Wilt has now moved up in the ranks of what's Tough and "Hard" in their eyes.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:58 PM   #42
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

I read OP and am wondering what was scheduled at 7PM and 7:30 PM?