Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #481
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Nice. So today he's cuddling the rodent, tomorrow he's stuffing it in the dishwasher?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #482
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Aww, Mac's such a good boy. Just look at him clean. Ooh, and nice fish tank.

Now, Mr. H giving "Mom" make up tips really, really amuses me. The only thing I can really imagine him saying is how to trim and groom one's whiskers. Yeah, Rhonda's gotta love that!

Amanda needs to wop Terrence one for being a Peeping Tom. Nope, no lady likes that. Shame on him. It's awfully cute how he's finding "comfort" in the womrat's hugable little body, though. I do much the same with my cat when I'm upset.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:39 AM   #483
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

Does Amanda always get chosen? For in my game there is usually one or maybe two unlucky families, whom neighbours constantly watch on...

Cute womrat scene, btw, I liked that!

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #484
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Nice. So today he's cuddling the rodent, tomorrow he's stuffing it in the dishwasher?
I'm not sure he knows where the dishwasher is; he rarely cleans anything and whines when I make him do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Now, Mr. H giving "Mom" make up tips really, really amuses me. The only thing I can really imagine him saying is how to trim and groom one's whiskers. Yeah, Rhonda's gotta love that!
The next day he was offering unsolicited fashion advice to Frankie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
Does Amanda always get chosen? For in my game there is usually one or maybe two unlucky families, whom neighbours constantly watch on...
She seems to be the target of choice in this part of the Valley. Goo's mom has gotten yelled at three times so far. Maybe it's just as well that my community lots always crash the game; if they ever run into each other in the park or the mall, well, it will be messy.

Foster's Valley - Ten random pics

Just a bunch of pics I thought y'all might enjoy before the Visit. Which reminds me, if any of you have anything that you'd like me to have your Sims do when I run the scenario, or anything you'd like to see for those of you who don't have self-Sims in the game, now would be a very good time to ask, either here or via PM.

The Valley's firstborn:

Sarah Burnell gets her first bottle from mom Linda early on Friday morning. I don't think this is the same Sarah who was born in the old Valley. They may be the same physically, with the same hair, features, etc.; I'll find that out as she ages. She definitely has a different personality, though. In the old Valley, Sarah's personality was the same as her father's but with a 9 in Outgoing (Robert has a 6). This time around, she has her mother's personality but a full 10 points in Active. In other words, she's hyper. It'll be interesting to watch her grow up and start racing around the neighborhood.

Watch and learn:

The New Guy likes videogames; he plays all day and talks about them when he's not playing. This pic was taken from Samira Marville's point of view; the New Guy is showing off, more or less. He is rather good, although the only competition he has right now are Stevie and Ivan.

An A+ in school means you get a gold star floating over your head:

In Wilt's case it also meant a bonus of 3000 Aspiration points and a platinum mood for several hours thereafter. Excellent job, dude. Coco got an A+ as well that day but didn't seem to care. Eduardo got homework. Ah, the joys of public school. When I ran the Headmaster Scenario at Foster's in the old Valley Frankie had a Cooking Skill of 7 at the time. As of Friday evening she had it back up to level 8 and could very well have it maxed out at 10 by Sunday if I push her. Either way, the Headmaster will be well fed.

Another day, another womrat:

Tiffany Bratman wanted a womrat, so I gave her one. This particular rodent answers to the name of Mr. Biggles. She's quite attached to the little hairball and goes straight to his cage everyday after class for a little playtime. Shortly after Mr. Biggles joined the Bratman house, Sweetums got a new icon in her Wants panel. Specifically, she wants a cat. You guys can see where this is going. Rotten kid.

Linestra visits the McBride boys:

"So, your mom set fire to the chili, right? Might be bad karma catching up with you for doing the Bandrowsky's dirty work." Robert got a little huffy at that point. The rest of the visit went well, though. The McBride boys brought a bunch of people home from school that day, and I opted to invite a couple of walkbys in as well, so it got pretty chaotic in there. The subject of the chili fire came up several times, and it's come up in conversations and gossip in several other houses as well. Sims love to dish about each other. Luanne thinks it's funny, although the rest of her family isn't so amused, especially not Travis, who had to eat the stuff. I have a pic of him gagging on it; it's rather funny. Except to Travis, of course.

Frankie discovers modern art:

The picture is a recolor by Sparky of one of the paintings that come with the game. I've tried to do stuff like that one or twice but haven't had any success. I'll figure it out someday, maybe. Frankie still has no idea that those same characters she's looking at are animated and on TV; she thinks it's just a cartoon-style painting of her family that her grandmother had done by some guy named Craig. If she finds out what's really been going on I don't think she's going to be very happy about it.

Coco goes loco:

Well, we all knew she was a little crazy, and on Friday evening she proved it by bouncing around on the furniture. Wilt thinks it's funny; Madame Foster doesn't really know what to make of it. After she was done with the couch, Coco juggled the bottles in the refridgerator, played videogames, soaked in the bathtub for a couple hours, and spent some quality time with the house's new bubble blower. Sounds like a fun evening, I should try it myself sometime.

Mr. Herriman enjoys a cup of espresso:

Sims have two ways to recharge their Energy meter; coffee and espresso, or a good night's sleep. Mr. Herriman really doesn't want to go to bed just yet so a cup of espresso is just the thing he needs to keep going for another couple of hours. Frankie practically lives on the stuff, given all the work she does in a given day. Everybody else likes to indulge in it as well, mostly in the evening when their motors are winding down. Espresso has a price, however; it recharges one's energy, sure, but it fills one's bladder pretty quickly, too, and sometimes it leads to a crisis:

Fortunately there's a bathroom nearby, so no little "accident" this time. Coco shrugged and went for the bubble blower.

And finally, one of the coolest pics I've ever seen:

One of the game hacks I use allows Sims to teleport from point A to point B with a bright flash of multicolored light at both ends. I seldom use it but in this case I wanted Stevie Marville in the house now, so two mouse clicks later, there he was, and I managed to press the Pause button at just the right time. Gotta love the way his glasses stand out like that.

Anyway, that's the lastest pic set; I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Assuming the game doesn't explode, the next set will be the Foster's cast at the Never Forgotten house. This could get pretty wild. Stay tuned...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-24-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Death to typos.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #485
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Wow, that last picture is really something to look at. All the colorssssss!

Can't wait for the Foster's gang to visit the NF house; it should be a hoot!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #486
Fomalhaut

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

I use the teleport featur quite often, but I never stopped it to make it look like this...

Btw, you can see babies' personalities??? I can only see them when they turn into toddlers!

Will you ever post anything about my family, or are we some weird outsiders there?

Old 05-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #487
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I use the teleport featur quite often, but I never stopped it to make it look like this...

Btw, you can see babies' personalities??? I can only see them when they turn into toddlers!

Will you ever post anything about my family, or are we some weird outsiders there?
I wasn't completely sure if you wanted me to. I'm sure now, so I'll try to come up with something fairly soon.

I check their personalities with SimPE. You can also check them by using the InSIMenator to make them selectable. You'll see some odd things in the other panels when doing so, and the crystal will be lying on it's side on the floor, but you can read the kid's personality. I exit the lot without saving after looking, just to be safe. Oh, before I forget, don't try to teleport babies or toddlers out of the crib!!!

Foster's Valley - "Imaginary Afternoon"

Sparky phones the restaurant to explain why she can't make it to work today:

Seems she's all stuffed up and has a bad cough, and has spent the entire morning either dashing to the bathroom or lying listless in bed, lying being the operative word here. Like any of us wouldn't under the same circumstances. It's about 8:30 AM in the pic. Having dealt with work, Sparky told everyone what she knew; that Madame Foster had made some kind of deal with Cartoon Network without telling anybody in the House about it and there seemed to be some sort of conspiracy between her and Rhonda Cassiman involving Bloo. There was a lot of puzzlement and disbelief but it was decided that everyone should keep quiet about it.
"But we wanna talk about the episodes with them!" someone complained.
"You still can," Sparky reminded them. "Just talk about it like it's a story you heard from Madame Foster instead of something you saw on TV. She's been here and talked a little about stuff that's happened at Foster's so it's not exactly a lie. And use some discretion, okay? Some of what's on the show may be stuff the writers added as embellishment and never really happened. Just use some common sense." There was some grumbling about the cast having the right to know the truth. "I agree but we don't know all the facts, so let's keep quiet," was Sparky's response. She called Madame Foster to let her know that they'd keep her secret. Big relief for Madame Foster, there; when Frankie had mentioned the invite at dinner the night before the grand old lady almost had a heart attack and had spent the rest of the night as a nervous wreck.

The Foster's cast was scheduled to arrive around noon, and sure enough, they did:

Coco went for the doorbell as the others milled about. Imaginary Light did the honors of greeting everyone and Frankie was the first one in, and she headed straight for the couch:

Day off or not, Mr. Herriman wanted the House spotless before they left, so she spent the morning cleaning, as usual. Beats me what he was worried about; I guess he didn't want any potential burglars to think they were robbing slobs. X_dummkoff_x voiced a loud opinion about something involving travel, based on the suitcase icon that was in her speech bubble. In the background, Lynnie is getting lunch ready. Things proceeded rather nicely from there. Sparky chatted up Mr. Herriman, Frankie headed for the swings, and Madame Foster started to relax a bit:

Bendy wasn't much in the mood for socializing; he wanted food, he wanted it now, and the moment Lynnie had the chili on the table he was seated and got right to work:

By the stars that is one demonic looking Imaginary Friend. You should see the close-ups; think of Junior from the Problem Child movies but without the niceness. Yeah, that bad. While Bendy wolfed down a couple bowls of chili, most everyone else was congregated out front, getting to know each other a little better:

And inside, too:

Some knew each other already but now everyone was getting to know everyone else, which was pretty much what both sides were hoping for. Some, however, were interested in things other than conversation:

Somehow, someone always finds the bubble blower. Always. Berry found it first and happily fired it up and before long she was floating and spinning and laughing. Others eventually joined her, of course. While Berry blew a bountiful bonanza of big bright bouncing bubbles Eduardo found himself in a bit of trouble:

I really don't have a clue as to why Imaginary Light did this. Eduardo yelped, her Fun meter went up, and a moment later he was rubbing his head while she smirked. And to make matters worse, barely thirty seconds later Eduardo got noogied again:

Wilt, wisely, decided not to get involved, and went inside to sample Lynnie's chili. Back-to-back noogies... that was a first. Eduardo was almost certainly wishing he still weighed 700 pounds and had horns. It was otherwise a fun afternoon for everyone; lots of food, good conversation, friendships being forged, pretty much an idyllic late Autumn Saturday afternoon.

Until Frankie went upstairs...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #488
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Lol, Mr. Herriman looks kind of displeased with me in that shot.

Anyhow, I've been really looking forward to the union of our two houses. Can't wait to see what develops!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #489
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Good work Cass!

I think Fosters should just go on the road entertaining sick people (not mentally of course). Sparky got her entertainment from the Fab Friends; not a bad day off for her too!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 AM   #490
Fomalhaut

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Oh my, what happened upstairs??!!

(Oh, and can I use the InSIMenator to raise attractiveness? I want 2 people to have 3 lightnings a.k.a. "strong attraction" but their Aspirations decrease it...)