Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #481
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder View Post
Wow, that was fun...I love picking things apart!
You and me both Chaos! I am into history, and we love to pick the history of something apart. We even go further by thinking 'wait, what would have happened if that event did NOT happen that way?' But you are right - it is fun!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:26 AM   #482
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I honestly don't understand why you think it would be so hard to find "general audience appeal" for Frankie. Being a very sympathetic character and coupled with the mysteries surrounding her past, she already has great potential for such.
I think writing a feature-film length Frankie story that'll entertain folks 8, 28, and 88 is actually pretty diffcult (not impossible, mind you). Writing one simply to entertain the folks on here would be much easier, but we don't make up most of the show's audience.

Frankly, I think the reason that Frankie's past hasn't been significantly explored is because most of the Foster's audience doesn't care too much about it. I doubt much in-depth Frankie history has even been concieved by McCracken and Friends, because they don't need it to write episodes.

When I think about it, few Foster's characters have had any in-depth exploration of their past. Bloo, Mac maybe, now Wilt; and we could certainly learn more about those three than has already been given to us. We don't know significantly less about Frankie than any of the other characters on the show.

Don't take me as one who doesn't want to see a film exploring Frankie's past, I'd be giddy with anticipation if one was in the works. Perhaps one day they'll oblige us.
I'm just trying to look at things from a different perspective.

Hope Frankie has a good role in the next episode. She's punk rock, you know...
Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 AM   #483
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

You make some good points, but I think you're underestimating the size of Frankie's fan base. Also, I don't think the writers would have too much trouble creating a well-thought-out background for the wonderful miss Foster and writing a story from it; we've seen over 40 examples of what they're capable of doing.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #484
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I don't think a Frankie movie would be too hard to do. And I think a movie of Frankie would be a great "lifes lessons" one too.
The way I see it is that Bloo want's to visit Mac but his mother won't let Bloo come back to the house. Bloo just can't understand why and begins to complain about how awfull parants are in general. Eventually, Bloo's words reach Frankies ears and really hits a cord with her as she yells at Bloo and locks herself in her room.
The next day could have Frankie haveing to go out of town for something and Bloo happens to sneak aboard the bus. Eventually, through arguments and accidents, they find themselves in the neighborhood Frankie grew up in and the bus is in need of repairs.
While going to shops and stores, Bloo is surprised to see the natives recognize Frankie and we learn of her past relationship with her parants. Bloo decides to do a good thing for once and tries to get Frankie and her parants back together.
We then see that Frankies parants ask her why she's still wasting her time at Fosters and should become some big success and make them look good. As hard as Frankie tries, she just can't get her parants to understand and storms out of the house in tears.
Bloo, left in shock, turns to Frankie's parants and tells them about all the wonderfull things she's done for him and all the other imaginary friends and the people who adopted them. Bloo and Frankie return home to find that Frankie's parants have had a change of heart and have brought many of their neighbors to Fosters to adopt imaginary friends. They learned that Frankie IS a success and it dosant matter if her parants get any recognision for it or not. It's just the right thing to do.
Bloo meets up with Mac again and explains that he understands that Mac's mother only wants what's best for him and that he does too. But to his surprise, Mac tells him that he can actually visit Mac at his house once in a while.

I figured a story like this would work because it has a topic that everyone can relate to. Everyone has had a problom with their parants at least once, and children will learn that that parants are only looking out for them.
I included Bloo in the story because I think he would have the best chemestry with Frankie. And as much as they're at each others throats, they're still friends. So this is the kind of story I could see being used for a Frankie movie.

Last edited by Medikor; 11-15-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #485
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Wow, that's really good. It makes sense, it includes Bloo in a major role without losing focus on Frankie, it has parts that can make us laugh, cry, and smile. It's a good setting to get answers to a lot of questions, and Bloo's speech to her parents could be a wonderful tribute to all the work she's done for Foster's over the years. Dude, I like it a lot. Five stars!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 11-15-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #486
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Medikor, great suggestions for a movie plot!

I also like the idea of pairing Bloo up with Frankie. He would definitely provide comic relief when necessary.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #487
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thank you all for you're very generouse complaments! Now let's hope Craig and Laurin see this.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #488
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I definitely love the ideas and opinions being hashed out here. I think the possibilities are limitless, and I would love to see something that involved many of these scenarios. Off the record, I love Frankie to pieces!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #489
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Off the record, I love Frankie to pieces!
We all do. That's why we're in posting in this board.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #490
Voxxyn
Banned

Well done, Medikor. :bloogrin I agree that Bloo would be the best "tag along" character for a Frankie special. I'm sure, somewhere beneath getting on each other's nerves, that he and Frankie care about each other.
Closed Thread