Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #471
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
This thread needs to be kept alive because, like Cass said, we need to express our outrage at Goofball and find comfort among those hurt by how cruelly Frankie was treated, and make it clear to the Foster's crew(who said that they read this forum) just how hurtful and wrong the episode truly was.

"Bloooo" was tough on Frankie/Bloo but not torturing them on a snide 'you suck' sense, it was an action-packed horror parody. "Squeakerboxxx" was funny and cute. Bloo's misery in BWAS was 100% because of his selfish and inconsiderate attitude. None of these episodes compare to the traumatic nightmare of IHFUMEUP.
I wasn't trying to imply that "bloooooo" was torturing anyone,I just noted that it was also written by Craig Lewis,was all(besides that episode has some funny parts in it). Most of the times when Bloo gets "tortured" IS because of him being selfish/rude like in BWAS."Squeakerboxxxxx" wasn't torturing anybody IMO.Impussturd's(as I like to call it)was just TERRIBLE,AWFUL,and even TRAUMATIC!!!!!!!!! No episode was as horrid as it was.I know that IOHSFY was horrid but there's some difference between this "episode" and that.Plus Goofblat/barf/whatever was just stupid,IMO he wasn't very "imaginary".All he is is just a teen slacker type "friend" with a trunk!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #472
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

The big thing that bothers me and pisses me off about Goofball though (besides how he treated Frankie) was that his whole existence is based on shock value, a shock value that seriously wasn't that shocking and seemed like a weak attempt to fool us.

This is just like with Uncle Pockets in "Bloo done it", where the ending of the episode reveals that every little hint, clue, and idea surrounding the so called mysterious suspicion we have of something turns out to be completely taken out of context and proved invalid by the supposed shocking ending.

Pocket's episode was almost as hard to swallow as this episode because what Bloo overheard in that episode was almost too stupid to believe. Words can be taken out of context easily, but for anyone with a functioning brain to believe those choice of words meant otherwise is just too ludacrious to conceive.

Same thing with Goofball, which brings me to my point. What bothers me about this episode is that the growing suspicion is that Goofball is a human faking to be an IF for free food and housing, but this episode purposely changes almost EVERY character except Frankie into opposites of who they are.

Anyone who would see Goofball would find it near impossible to believe he is an imaginary friend, his attitude makes it even more implausible. Which is what angers me the most, that this episode's big shocker was that Goofball was telling the truth and that he has been an imaginary friend all this time.

When the episode went clearly out of it's own way to make us think otherwise, this is insane! Clever revealed mysteries are only clever when they CAN be discovered, not a total flip around to totally blow all sensible logic out the window for the point of trying to prove everyone wrong.

Movies like "The Sixth sense" and "The Village" actually generate clues in the movie that make you suddenly realize, that those clues added up to an ending that actually connects properly. The truth was hidden but it was still possible to decipher, it wasn't a total flip up.

And what's worse is that Frankie was at the expense of the clever trick. She went through a 24 hour hell hole at the place where she lives, and with the friends and people she love only to serve as some preposterious gag to give us all a jaw dropper. Except this end does NOT justify the means.

If the writers want to make a clever shock joke then more power to them, but don't derive the joke on something that seriously wasn't what i call an interesting mystery. And if you're going to use a character like poor Frankie as a punching bag/escape goat, then maybe the joke just isn't worth doing.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 02-08-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #473
Voxxyn
Banned

Once again, Mr. M is very right. Not only was it a very poor setup and twist, it was at the expense of a very sympathetic character in the most cruel way imaginable. What were they thinking?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #474
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
The big thing that bothers me and pisses me off about Goofball though (besides how he treated Frankie) was that his whole existence is based on shock value, a shock value that seriously wasn't that shocking and seemed like a weak attempt to fool us.

This is just like with Uncle Pockets in "Bloo done it", where the ending of the episode reveals that every little hint, clue, and idea surrounding the so called mysterious suspicion we have of something turns out to be completely taken out of context and proved invalid by the supposed shocking ending.

Pocket's episode was almost as hard to swallow as this episode because what Bloo overheard in that episode was almost too stupid to believe. Words can be taken out of context easily, but for anyone with a functioning brain to believe those choice of words meant otherwise is just too ludacrious to conceive.
Okay, I'll accept the irratitation at Goofball, as I do honestly believe that FHFEMEUP was poorly done. However, while "Bloo Done It" used a similar strategy, I thought the episode itself still remained amusing, something Goofball's episode failed to do. That, and I generally found Uncle Pockets to be much more enjoyable and likeable than Goofball.

Basically, I just think it's to attempt to compare the Goofball episode with the Pockets episode, as I think it should at least have some leeway since it remained entertaining and enjoyable, something Goofball failed at.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #475
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I have no objections to Pocket's episode, I too found it infinitely more enjoyable then "Imposter's", I simply compared the two because both relied on a very similar plot device and both introduced a new IF that bothered a main character.

Pockets bugged Bloo and Goofball bothered Frankie. My only beef with Pockets episode is usually episodes that have people misunderstanding lines like that, don't make them nearly impossible to determine otherwise.

The quotes from Pockets are insanely direct and anyone would really think Pockets was trying to kill Madame Foster with the way he worded it. The big difference is Pockets said these things only in front of the people and Bloo.

Bloo was listening on the outside so he didn't visually see what was going on, hence the misinterpretation. Where as Goofball's misinterpretation came from his appearance which is where the gag contradicts itself since Goofball DOES look human.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #476
Voxxyn
Banned

"Bloo Done It" and IHFUMEUP should only be compared in terms of technical setup of the proposed storyline. "Imposter's" was much, much worse than a botched attempt at a storyline with a twist ending. All I really care about is the vile nature of Frankie's treatment.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 02-08-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #477
montitech
Foster's Legend

I am glad that they Replay This Episode,
Because I do like it, Just finished watching it again.

I really do not see the Flaws that the Frankie fans are comments on.
no need to elaborate on those again since most things have proboly already been mentioned in this thread.

I think the Poll at the top of this thread shows that there are an even amout of Episode Lovers and Haters. I think the voice of the Goofball haters is kind of Intimidating and preventing people that like goofball from Commenting. This can clearly be seen if someone reviews the Fosters Vote Off thread in the Spam section. Since the Goofball haters do not just keep their voice of it in this thread but they also impose it to threads in different sections. and since This Goofball Bashing voice consists of some very Active members it seems to justify their actions and suppressing the goofball likers voice. I actually find it slightly offensive to see post after post of Bashing on Goofball particularly when it is not in a thread designed for that. I mean I personally do notlike Dutchess (in the least bit) but I really try to keep that to myself because it is my personal preference and it doesnt have any real substance other than my opinion.

On a lighter note:
Is it just me or have others noticed:
does Goofball and Clumbsy have the same noses?
Does Goofball and Little ABe have the same voice?

Monty
Old 02-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #478
YuckieDuck
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Does Goofball and Little ABe have the same voice?
They are both voiced by Tom Kenny.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #479
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Yup! They played "that episode" again today! Got to watch Frankie get emotionally beat up again. I was trying to stomach the whole episode this time...and I made it (did not finish when I first saw it).
Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #480
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

The only good part is the end credits. Oh yeah anyone who likes Goofball just admit, we won't hate you, just Goofball.

Closed Thread