Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #471
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

a Cheese movie would be too much. You can't stretch that joke for an hour, it'd get really, really old.

A Frankie movie would work if the story had a lot of general audience appeal. Easier said than done.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #472
Voxxyn
Banned

I honestly don't understand why you think it would be so hard to find "general audience appeal" for Frankie. Being a very sympathetic character and coupled with the mysteries surrounding her past, she already has great potential for such.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #473
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I totally agree. Frankie's stories are waiting to be told; Craig & co. just need to fill in the blanks and tell them. There are as many mysteries surrounding her as there are any of the characters; who wouldn't want to learn more about her? I for one look forward to the day her story is finally told, and for me it will likely be the high point of the entire series. More than any other character, she deserves a movie.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #474
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think what would work best in order to obtain a reason for a Frankie movie would be a purpose to delve into this information. Wilt's movie for example delves into the fact he never sees his creator, that's why he's going out to find him. Hence the movie's focus.

Now, the only trick would be getting some reason to delve deeper into Frankie's life. Frankie knows her own life naturally, so it would have to be someone else asking a question or wanting to find out more like maybe Mac or Bloo. Something to get it rolling along you know?

I have a feeling there's something troubling in Frankie's life or in her past, there's always a reason people's lives are hidden and with Frankie being the less focused of the Foster's crew, I can imagine she probably has quite a bit hidden in her life.

I also think if she does get her own movie, Mac should be with her because the 2 are so very much alike and get along very well, and to be honest i really think it would be sweet if we saw them bonding as friends for a change. Instead of just being the usual cool heads during freaky situations at Fosters.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #475
DGenerationX
Newly Abandoned
The Era Has Begun!!!!  

Send a message via MSN to DGenerationX Send a message via Yahoo to DGenerationX

i agree with all that
Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM   #476
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
I honestly don't understand why you think it would be so hard to find "general audience appeal" for Frankie. Being a very sympathetic character and coupled with the mysteries surrounding her past, she already has great potential for such.
I also agree! Frankie would be an excellent character to have her own movie. She is a very believable character. She is someone you might know in real life. Her little quirks that make her most interesting.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #477
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
a Cheese movie would be too much. You can't stretch that joke for an hour, it'd get really, really old.

A Frankie movie would work if the story had a lot of general audience appeal. Easier said than done.

Yeah, I think it would be too much as well. Cheese is great as a one-gag character, but making a tv movie about him is not the best idea for the reasons that you already meantioned.

But out of all the characters on the show I think Frankie, Eduardo and Madame Foster deserve tv movies the most (besides Wilt, of course...but he doesn't count because he already has one! XD).

Frankie, as I meantioned earlier, has tons of potential for a tv movie due to the mystery of her past. Not much is known about her family or even her major in college, as we mentioned before.

It'd be interesting to see what kind of family Eduardo had and who knows, maybe we could see his true "guardian instincts" kick in for one part while he protects his creator. It'd certainly be interesting to see if Eduardo had to become very brave at one point in order to protect his family (after all, that was what he was created for).

Madame Foster would be a good choice because a tv movie could bring SO many answers to questions about her character-when and why she created Mr. Herriman, what motivated her to open up a foster home for imaginary friends in the first place, who HER parents were (but then again, this could all tie in with Frankie as well since she is her granddaughter. After all, one of Madame Foster's kids would obviously be one of Frankie's parents...that would tie in rather well, personally).
Old 11-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #478
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

While I agree our beloved Frankie's story should be told - I am going to play "devil's advocate" for a minute:

First: If there might have been a troubling past for Frankie, sometimes I wonder if it was something we should know about. The way Frankie acts, she might be resolving it by her actions or getting out of herself if you will (i.e., taking care of the residents at Foster's, and being that "big sister.")

Second: I do not know if I want to know about Frankie's parents, or possible siblings - I have always been into the "mystique" of a character.

Third: If Frankie wanted to share her past with someone, Mac would not be the person to share it with (while he is intelligent, he is still a kid). I would share things like that when a kid is older.

Fourth: There is always a possibility Madame Foster might reveal Frankie's past when the time is right and a little at a time.

Okay, I am my ducky self again. I still think an hour for Frankie can cover a lot!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #479
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Hmm...you know, that's a good theory (the one about Frankie getting "out of herself" and taking care of the residents of Foster's in order to resolve her problems). That would certainly be interesting and could play out well in a tv movie.

Well, I think there's one way of solving that problem of remaining somewhat "mysterious", but keeping her parents in the picture at the same time. Perhaps her parents could have died when she was young, therefore the nature of her parents would be unknown unless Madame Foster brings it up. You get what I'm saying? But this is just my opinion-you don't have to listen to me.

Yeah, I don't really think Frankie would share her past with Mac. In fact, I'm not really sure WHO she'd share it with. The only ones I think she'd trust talking to about that are Madame Foster and, for some reason, MAYBE Wilt, but other than that I can't think of anyone.

And yeah, that's certainly true. It could always happen.

Wow, that was fun...I love picking things apart!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:14 AM   #480
Carlaz
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Wielder View Post
Hmm...you know, that's a good theory (the one about Frankie getting "out of herself" and taking care of the residents of Foster's in order to resolve her problems). That would certainly be interesting and could play out well in a tv movie.

Well, I think there's one way of solving that problem of remaining somewhat "mysterious", but keeping her parents in the picture at the same time. Perhaps her parents could have died when she was young, therefore the nature of her parents would be unknown unless Madame Foster brings it up. You get what I'm saying? But this is just my opinion-you don't have to listen to me.

Yeah, I don't really think Frankie would share her past with Mac. In fact, I'm not really sure WHO she'd share it with. The only ones I think she'd trust talking to about that are Madame Foster and, for some reason, MAYBE Wilt, but other than that I can't think of anyone.
Good thoughts! I enjoyed reading your theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post

I agree. Cheese is a lovable character, but isn't deep enough to devote to an entire movie.

Last edited by Sparky; 11-15-2006 at 04:00 PM. Reason: please use the multi-quote feature instead of posting back-to-back
Closed Thread