Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #461
Voxxyn
Banned

I don't get why Goofball got such preferential treatment by the house. Yes, it's Frankie's job to clean up even the messes caused by others, but it was just wrong that Goofball received absolutely no punishment despite his repeated offenses. There have been many episodes(before and after) in which the friends are explicitly punished for misbehaving--and yet this complete idiot comes, who is far from being sympathetic and has never dealt with the heartbreak of being abandoned by your creator that many of the house's IFs have felt, and gets treated like a prince. Huh?

The only imaginable reason for that was, along with the entire house unrealistically being on his side, was to further single out Frankie... and thus further making it seem like an attack on her.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #462
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
The only imaginable reason for that was, along with the entire house unrealistically being on his side, was to further single out Frankie... and thus further making it seem like an attack on her.
That's the key word though "unrealistic" the same thing pissed me off to high hell about how Bloo savaged Mac in "I only have Surprise for you". Goofball and Bloo turned the whole house against Frankie and Mac and it really made these episodes all out attacks on the characters rather then simple pranks.

The fact everyone bought into Goofbal's EXTREMELY obvious human like appearance without any suspicion is completely ridiculous and unbelievable. The foster's gang CAN NOT be that dense unless they were tweaked by the writers to fall into such a stupid persona. It goes totally against their characters.

I felt the same way when Frankie and Mr. Herriman were okay with helping Bloo make Mac go crazy in "Surprise". The characters went against their nature and purposely put Frankie and Mac through much un-needed hell and suffering, all for both episodes to "shock us" with a surprise ending gag.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #463
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
That's the key word though "unrealistic" the same thing pissed me off to high hell about how Bloo savaged Mac in "I only have Surprise for you". Goofball and Bloo turned the whole house against Frankie and Mac and it really made these episodes all out attacks on the characters rather then simple pranks.

The fact everyone bought into Goofbal's EXTREMELY obvious human like appearance without any suspicion is completely ridiculous and unbelievable. The foster's gang CAN NOT be that dense unless they were tweaked by the writers to fall into such a stupid persona. It goes totally against their characters.

I felt the same way when Frankie and Mr. Herriman were okay with helping Bloo make Mac go crazy in "Surprise". The characters went against their nature and purposely put Frankie and Mac through much un-needed hell and suffering, all for both episodes to "shock us" with a surprise ending gag.

I don't get why the writers just make almost everyone go out-of-character like that! I wasn't shocked at the end I was DEEPLY DISTURBED!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaauuugghhhhhhk!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #464
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I was sick to my stomach. All that hell and no justice at the end. Small wonder I had tears in my eyes.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #465
YuckieDuck
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
YuckieDuck - you're kidding, right? How do these episodes actually compare to the horror of IHFUMEUP? Not only was Bloo's "suffering" in those episodes microscopic compared to this, he deserved it 100%, unlike the unwarranted and over-the-top abuse that Frankie received.

And I don't appreciate your random attack on Hiccy Burp, since that had one of my all-time favorite Frankie moments.
It's true, Frankie didn't deserve what she got in Imposter's but she wasn't sad for long, she was happy in the end. But seriously, I would much rather lose a concert where I wanted to go than get squeaked by everyone else for a long long time or get punched by The New Guy.

And Goofball didn't do all that to Frankie because he was mean (unlike Bendy) but instead because he was very dumb and didn't understand all he was doing. And sorry about the Hiccy Burp comment. I just really hate burping gags. And the ending looked like Lewis ran out of ideas.

(But noticeably, "Squeakerboxxx", "Beat with a Schtick" and "Imposter's" were written by Craig Lewis. And so was "Hiccy Burp".)
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #466
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckieDuck View Post

(But noticeably, "Squeakerboxxx", "Beat with a Schtick" and "Imposter's" were written by Craig Lewis. And so was "Hiccy Burp".)

I noticed that too,He must LOVE torturing the characters.Since all of those episodes have that concept.He also wrote"Blooooo" as well.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #467
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

Bloooo! wasn't torturing anyone.

Anyway, back on topic: We all know everyone's feelings about him (Cass, Vox, FHF, and me hate him, monti wants to prove he's right, Yuckie thinks this is 'nothing' compared to Squekerboxxx), so why don't lock this thread? It's getting semi boring by now.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #468
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
We all know everyone's feelings about him (Cass, Vox, FHF, and me hate him, monti wants to prove he's right, Yuckie thinks this is 'nothing' compared to Squekerboxxx), so why don't lock this thread? It's getting semi boring by now.
It's a legitimate discussion topic and while it does get heated it doesn't violate any rules. If the thread bores you, ignore it, but there isn't any reason to lock it. Sorry.

I liked "Squeakerboxxx".

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-21-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #469
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
Bloooo! wasn't torturing anyone.

Anyway, back on topic: We all know everyone's feelings about him (Cass, Vox, FHF, and me hate him, monti wants to prove he's right, Yuckie thinks this is 'nothing' compared to Squekerboxxx), so why don't lock this thread? It's getting semi boring by now.
I was finding the conversation of Craig Lewis and the similarities of his episodes to be interesting and valid to the Thread.

as for squekerboxxx, I liked the way Coco just watched the eliphant when it was her turn, THat was hysterical (And I guess minor tortur to Bloo).

Monty
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #470
Voxxyn
Banned

This thread needs to be kept alive because, like Cass said, we need to express our outrage at Goofball and find comfort among those hurt by how cruelly Frankie was treated, and make it clear to the Foster's crew(who said that they read this forum) just how hurtful and wrong the episode truly was.

"Bloooo" was tough on Frankie/Bloo but not torturing them on a snide 'you suck' sense, it was an action-packed horror parody. "Squeakerboxxx" was funny and cute. Bloo's misery in BWAS was 100% because of his selfish and inconsiderate attitude. None of these episodes compare to the traumatic nightmare of IHFUMEUP.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 02-08-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Closed Thread