Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #451
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I found some lyrics to a song I like, and they kinda remind me of how Goofball treated Frankie, and how she was feeling during that episode. I think it kinda fits:

Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Hey girl, you know you drive me crazy.
One look puts the rhythm in my hand.
Still will never understand why you hang around.
I see what's going down.

Cover up with make-up in the mirror.
Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again.
You cry alone and then he swears he loves you.

Do you feel like a man
when you push her around?
Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?
Well I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end
as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect
every action in this world will bear a consequence
If you wade around forever you will surely drown
I see what's going down.

I see the way you go and say your right again,
say your right again
heed my lecture

Do you feel like a man
when you push her around?
As your lies crumble down a new life she has found.

face down in the dirt she said this doesnt hurt she said i finally had enough (x2)

One day she will tell you that she has had enough, its coming round again.

Do you feel like a man, when you push her around?
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

Do you feel like a man, when you push her around?
As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found.

face down in the dirt she said this doesnt hurt she said i finally had enough
Old 02-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #452
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Beautifully said, and right on-target.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #453
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFoppy View Post
Vox's last paragraph up there might be one of the most true things in this thread. HOW did no-one notice Frankie was annoyed by him and that HE gave Frankie chores so she missed the concert? The whole house was on his side? It's just not logical.
I rewatched this episode last week and the treatment of Frankie was no different than Normal. The only difference with this episode was a) the spotlight was on the "typical" treatment that frankie recieves. b) Frankie looked bad trying to prove that GoofBall was a fraude

MOnty
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #454
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
I rewatched this episode last week and the treatment of Frankie was no different than Normal. The only difference with this episode was a) the spotlight was on the "typical" treatment that frankie recieves. b) Frankie looked bad trying to prove that GoofBall was a fraude

MOnty
So what are you trying to say?

btw Here's part 3 of the goofbarf satire poem

oh goofball oh goofball you should hang on a big wall

or maybe get crunched by some one that's really tall

oh goofball oh goofball you really smell like a dung-ball

and when you eventually die from taking a fall

oh goofball oh goofball WE WON'T MISS YOU AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the end
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #455
YuckieDuck
At Home

What Goofball did to Frankie was nothing compared to what Bloo had to suffer in "Squeakerboxxx" and "Beat with a Schtick". Even if he spent too much time squeaking the rubber elephant and tried to steal another one from a little girl, the ending of Squeakerboxxx was really mean to him. If I was Bloo, I would have never tried to get Eduardo back in "Eddie Monster" after that. And in "Beat with a Schtick" everyone except Mac was against Bloo. How much can they hate him?

Anyway, I don't think of any episodes as shocking etc., I still like those two episodes almost as much as the greatest episodes. But Hiccy Burp was just awful! (I explained this in another thread.)
Old 02-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #456
Voxxyn
Banned

That was supposed to be her day off. It is NOT normal or typical how Goofball's reckless behavior "just coincidentally" happened to hurt Frankie and ONLY Frankie, nor should be how the entire house was ignorant of the feelings of the person who works hard to maintain them.

"Frankie looked bad trying to prove that Goofball was a fraude"; yeah, well, thanks for proving one of the chief causes of my anger at the episode. So I'm supposed to just accept it? I'm supposed to accept that someone I love dearly was horribly mistreated and made to look like an idiot?

YuckieDuck - you're kidding, right? How do these episodes actually compare to the horror of IHFUMEUP? Not only was Bloo's "suffering" in those episodes microscopic compared to this, he deserved it 100%, unlike the unwarranted and over-the-top abuse that Frankie received.

And I don't appreciate your random attack on Hiccy Burp, since that had one of my all-time favorite Frankie moments.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 02-06-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added response to YuckieDuck's post
Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #457
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckieDuck View Post
What Goofball did to Frankie was nothing compared to what Bloo had to suffer in "Squeakerboxxx" and "Beat with a Schtick".
You have got to be kidding. What Bloo went through in those episodes was nothing compared to what Frankie endured in "Imposter's". Morover, Bloo's suffering, such as it was, was the result of his own self-centered actions; Frankie's nightmare could have been averted at least in part if that worthless slacktard Goofbarf had had the decency or the wit to remove that ridiculous clown nose and prove that he was an Imaginary Friend. Frankie's misery begins and ends with him, and to a lesser extent with Bloo and Mr. Herriman; Bloo's problems came about from Bloo being Bloo.

I feel the urge to make another "Squash Goofball" screencap now.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-06-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #458
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
That was supposed to be her day off. It is NOT normal or typical how Goofball's reckless behavior "just coincidentally" happened to hurt Frankie and ONLY Frankie, nor should be how the entire house was ignorant of the feelings of the person who works hard to maintain them.

"Frankie looked bad trying to prove that Goofball was a fraude"; yeah, well, thanks for proving one of the chief causes of my anger at the episode. So I'm supposed to just accept it? I'm supposed to accept that someone I love dearly was horribly mistreated and made to look like an idiot?
Watch the episode again. IT WAS NOT HER DAY OFF. She never gets a day off. Yes she had the night schedualed off, but she did not get it because she had to finish her work. Which she would have had enough time to finish if it was not for the Mess Bloo made in the first Minute of the episode, or if she did not spend most of the day trying to prove goofball wrong. or if she had not been in the store at the same time as that Lady. or ... I am sure there are plenty of other slow downs to her day other than just Goofball (who was only trying to get back home, to Canada.)

And YES this is almost always true, it should be a universal principle. "how the entire house was ignorant of the feelings of the person who works hard to maintain them." Most Caretakers, and Parents (Particularly of teenagers) would be able to back this statment up, how thier dependents are typically ignorant of there feelings. Anyone remember the Eddie Murphy comedy (I think it was in "RAW") it goes something like this:
you all get lots of gifts for christmas, Like the GI-Joe with the Kong Foo Grip and all you get for dad is a cheep tie.

Is one suppose to be Mad at others or Themselves when they Cause Themself to look like an Idiot due to their own Poorly found assumptions.

And one has to feel bad for Goofball, I mean the make believe buddie can barely remember his own name.

Monty
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #459
Voxxyn
Banned

Whether it was the day or just the night, Frankie missing the concert despite all she went through was just plain cruel. I don't care if it was Goofball or Bloo or Herriman or that tall lady, her treatment in that episode was INEXCUSABLE and WRONG, no matter how much you try to justify it.

And Goofball seemed very much like a human, and many false hints were placed so that the viewers could be as equally shocked as Frankie by the incredibly meanspirited 'ironic' twist. Her belief was not "poorly founded". What Mr. M said is right, the entire house believed him solely so the writers could single out Frankie for the abuse and suffering that she did NOT deserve at all.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 02-06-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #460
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

As I've said, all Goofball had to do was take off the rubber clown nose, which would have ended the argument about his true nature on the spot. He did not do so, and in fact went out of his way to do the opposite. The nightmare which is "Imposter's" is on his head, and he is rightly to be vilified and condemned for it.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 02-06-2007 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error.
Closed Thread