Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #451
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Maybe the reel was spliced wrong. That often happens when it comes to 11th hour editing which POTC was subject to.
Quite possibly, but thinking back this wasn't the first time this particular movie theater did something like that. So maybe that was a case of lightning striking twice and having two wrongly spliced reels.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #452
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Quite possibly, but thinking back this wasn't the first time this particular movie theater did something like that. So maybe that was a case of lightning striking twice and having two wrongly spliced reels.
No, I've seen it done in theatres in Britain too, and always before the very biggest and most prestigious releases...it's no mistake, it's just the advertisers being greedy and trying to squeeze as many commercials in there as they possibly can. It can get pretty irritating...I recall my friends and I were actually briefly considering walking out of Mission: Impossible III when faced with upwards of half an hour of adverts and trailers. It just didn't seem as if they were ever going to end...
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #453
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Wow, I'm glad I live in the sticks. We never get that many ads in anyplace I've ever lived. In fact, even in Boston we didn't have that many ads.

However when I worked for National Amusements, anytime we got ads after a Feature Presentation card it was usually a mistake. They were spliced wrong. The reason I knew this is because many times it would only be that reel and not any of the others. The local theaters always had problems with reels. I remember a whole scene being spliced right out of Spidey 2.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #454
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The air conditioner saga continues...

This morning I called management yet again, and they said they'd send the chief of maintainance, whom I shall refer to here as "Kendell", to take a look at it. Much to my surprise, he showed up barely five minutes later, at 11:00 am. That was the high point of this little drama. He gave me some BS about the compressor needing time to warm up. No, Kendell, it takes no time, thank you. The he tries to tell me that it is in fact blowing cold air, at which point I explained to him the difference between actual cold air and a breeze. He then falls back on the bit about compressor warm-up time, and says let it run, he'll check back after lunch, which upon inquiry I learned was 1:00 pm. He did not show up. At 2:00 pm I went to check the mail and I ran into the lazy slug, and he said he'd be right over. That was the last time I saw the SOB. I called management shortly before 4:00 pm, only to get their answering service. The upshot of all this is that no action will be taken regarding my air conditioner until at least Monday, and the weekend is forecast to be hot.

I trust you will all understand that I have nothing but murder on my mind right now.
I would kill as well... I absolutely HATE whenever people give me the runaround like that, and in your case, time is of the essence so it's even worse. Ugh...

Somehow, this reminds me of the fiasco I had a little over a year ago with my senior prom. I wanted to go all-out old-timey and I even got online to order an amazing Victorian court dress to wear. I ordered it from the UK, so I expected a little more shipping time since it was coming a long way to Oklahoma. I gave it about 3 weeks, still with no contact from the Web site and no dress... a few more days passed, and finally I e-mailed the webmaster. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry, we lost your order a few weeks ago." I was already miffed that NOBODY contacted me, not to mention the prom was coming up and I had no dress. That's why I put my freaking phone number on the order... SO THEY CAN CONTACT ME! Anyhow, I re-ordered the dress, but it turns out since they lost my order for a medium, someone ELSE was able to place an order for a medium, and they got the medium dress even though I was first and the site just lost my order!!!! I measured myself, and decided that a small would work out ok, it would just not fit as freely as I wanted the medium to. I got the dress a WEEK before the prom, and I was so happy. I took it out of the box, and I was horrified to see the freaking SEAMS in the corset part of the dress were torn and full of holes!! It looked like a girl who was WAY bigger than the dress had tried it on before me! I was livid, needless to say... Anyhow, my mom helped me stitch it up as best as we could, but the seams were still a little weak. The dress fit OK, but since it was not the size I ordered, it was a little tight. I didn't want to put any stress on the already weak seams, so I duct taped my midsection to be uncomfortably tiny, and had the most uncomfortable prom ever.
Now for the shoes...
For a dress like that, I needed special shoes. I ordered the shoes online, I GOT the shoes... kind of. The company at least sent them. My mom got a call from one of her friends that said he had found my shoes opened and on the table at the post office! The post office put the key to them in the wrong mailbox!! I was angry also with whoever got them first... they weren't addressed to them, so WHY the heck did they open them? They apparently tried them on, too, because there were scuffs all over them! Luckily my mom's friend found them when he did, because they were just open on the table for the stealing!

Grrrr.... incompetent people.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #455
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Jesus s_d, WTH?? I remember the dress story but not the shoes...

I'm going through some crap with an online order right now. My brother and I made plans to attend the Hershey Chocolate Festival in Oakdale, CA (about 2 hours away), this was last weekend (today is Sunday, so I mean, *last* weekend). So a good 2 weeks + in advance I ordered a new, large Reese's logo shirt to go with my brother's Hershey logo shirt...because I don't fit in my medium Reese's shirt anymore. So two days before the festival I emailed them asking what was going on with the order, even though I knew at that point I wasn't getting it in time. Their response was to say, we'll mail it tomorrow and you'll get it in 2-4 days. Well, that was...nine days ago. I am really pissed off. At the festival I had to wear a plain orange t-shirt that I sewed a Reese's logo onto it that I got from an old-old shirt that was also too small. And we even had our picture taken by an LA Times photographer. It may well never appear in the paper, but if it does, my shirt looked totally crappy and it is so the fault of this stupid online t-shirt company.

I remember a while ago I had ordered volumes 2-5 of a cartoon on DVD (I already had volume 1). Weeks later I asked them where my order was, and was told they didn't even have it in stock and they would ship it when they got it. Why were they advertising it if they didn't even have it?? So I canceled my order. Some months later I went looking for these hard-to-find DVDs again and ordered them from what I thought was a different company but turned out to be the same people operating under multiple accounts (this was on eBay). Okay fine. So I waited, two months this time, and asked them where my order was. First they tell me they mailed it a long time ago, then they change their tune and say they had mailed it and it had been returned to them looking like the package had been attacked by a wild animal, and Volume 5 had been destroyed. I got a refund for that one and they shipped Volumes 2-4 to me. So I am still missing Volume 5. That whole thing was jacked up.

Of course there's also the very first thing I ever bought on eBay never coming, and the very first tape trade I did resulting in him taking my tapes and never sending me mine. And people ask me why I'm so strict when I sell/trade tapes or DVDs now. -_-
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #456
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
I wanted to go all-out old-timey and I even got online to order an amazing Victorian court dress to wear.
now thats awesome.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #457
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Jesus s_d, WTH?? I remember the dress story but not the shoes...
I know it sounds like a lot to go wrong, but it really all did happen all on the same prom. It was an experience/fiasco I never want to have EVER again. Ugh... online ordering is great because you can find the most original stuff, but it's so iffy sometimes!! I feel your pain with lost merchandise/orders/crappy products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
now thats awesome.
Hehe thanks... it was really pretty. http://www.irisnoir.com/popup_image.php?pID=39 (lol of course that's not me) Not a very good picture of the dress, but it had a back like I was wearing a long jacket with it.

Last edited by scary_dream; 05-27-2007 at 09:41 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #458
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

wow...i wish my prom date had ordered from there!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #459
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The air conditioner saga concluded yesterday with the delivery of a new unit, complete with a remote control, by a very annoyed-looking maintainence chief. Poor guy, actually had to do some work instead of yammering on his cell phone all day. I have no sympathy for him.

Today's irritant is YouTube, which has twice failed to do anything with a video I'm trying to upload. I'm not even getting a "failed to upload" message of any kind; it's like I'm beaming it into empty space, never to be seen again. After uploading I get directed to my Frankie Foster, Warrior Princess video. There's no sign of the new video at all, or any indication that it uploaded or not. Yes, I'll keep trying - there's not much else I can do - but each failure wastes ten minutes of my time that I could spend doing something else. Really fracks me off.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-06-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #460
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
The air conditioner saga concluded yesterday with the delivery of a new unit, complete with a remote control, by a very annoyed-looking maintainence chief. Poor guy, actually had to do some work instead of yammering on his cell phone all day. I have no sympathy for him.

Today's irritant is YouTube, which has twice failed to do anything with a video I'm trying to upload. I'm not even getting a "failed to upload" message of any kind; it's like I'm beaming it into empty space, never to be seen again. After uploading I get directed to my Frankie Foster, Warrior Princess video. There's no sign of the new video at all, or any indication that it uploaded or not. Yes, I'll keep trying - there's not much else I can do - but each failure wastes ten minutes of my time that I could spend doing something else. Really fracks me off.
Frankie Foster: Warrior Princess?

how have i not seen this yet?