Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #431
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Asking for Frankie episodes I would think is more appropiate for the Frankie thread. am I wrong in thining that?
I'd have to agree with that, but it's not a really big deal.

Quote:
well Anyway, too bad Goofball is Canadian, I was hoping he would run for President.

UP WITH GOOFBALL,
There is a political party for Goofball supporters. It's called the "Witness Protection Program".

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:39 AM   #432
Voxxyn
Banned

I'll talk all I want about Frankie on this thread. All Goofball and the episode did was hurt her and mistreat her repeatedly.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 02-04-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #433
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
This thread keeps straying to be Frankie Centric instead of about Goofball,

Asking for Frankie episodes I would think is more appropiate for the Frankie thread. am I wrong in thining that?
indeed. makes no sense.

Quote:
well Anyway, too bad Goofball is Canadian, I was hoping he would run for President.

UP WITH GOOFBALL

eh, id have to vote against him, see avatar. but he would get my vote as prime minister. but then again i dont live in canada, so i cant really vote for him.. eh, you get the point. and why exactly is everyone against goofball anyway? sure, he may have done some annoying, mean, cruel, whatever you want to call it, things to frankie. but seriously, it was ONE EPISODE. and besides, everybody needs somebody to annoy them to death. thats how life works.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #434
Voxxyn
Banned

It wasn't just "one episode", it was a nightmare and a disgrace. It wasn't merely annoying, it was cruel and meanspirited. It left me with a very negative impression that continues inside me to this day. I will NOT be quiet about seeing Frankie be so horribly mistreated and abused.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #435
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
and why exactly is everyone against goofball anyway? sure, he may have done some annoying, mean, cruel, whatever you want to call it, things to frankie. but seriously, it was ONE EPISODE.
The fact that it was just "one episode" makes no difference. Frankie is someone I care deeply about, and I do not like seeing the people who mean something to me suffer. I will not cavalierly dismiss what happened to her. Goofball hurt her, and that hurt me. Do you like seeing the people you care about in pain? Think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
and besides, everybody needs somebody to annoy them to death. thats how life works.
Wrong. Being annoyed is something we can all do quite nicely without, thank you. It isn't fun, it distracts one from getting things done, and it makes life less pleasant. And deliberately going out of one's way to be annoying is not an endearing trait, nor is it cute in any way. It's childish, mean-spirited, and rude.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #436
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Wrong. Being annoyed is something we can all do quite nicely without, thank you. It isn't fun, it distracts one from getting things done, and it makes life less pleasant. And deliberately going out of one's way to be annoying is not an endearing trait, nor is it cute in any way. It's childish, mean-spirited, and rude.
I agree with you 90% of the way Cass, I do believe that Goofball's actions be it a one shot or a thousand times, it's still a tragedy what Goofball put Frankie through and the fact his episode actually DEFINES suffering in such a way shows he truly was an ass that deserves every bit of slander towards him.

However, the other 10% of me does agree on one thing some guy said: I do believe we need people that annoy us (thought not the death part). I think characters do need episodes where they are put through crazy crap that annoys them to high hell, like I said before with the whole "Rita and Runt" torture episode.

I think it is a necessity but more as a TV show thing and not as real life thing. But, just so were clear, just because I believe in such a statement that does not mean I condone or accept the horrible methods Goofball enacted on Frankie. Annoyance is one thing, but his went beyond the call of duty.

I honestly believe that had this been done differently in regards to the particular torture Goofball put Frankie through, the episode would not be as unwatchable as it is now and it would have been in some small way, more acceptable then inexcusable. But as we all know that isn't the case.

Goofball put Frankie through a meat grinder rather then a mere "hard day" and whether his character was a great gimmick, Frankie didn't need to be repeatively run over by this character idea to the point of total agony.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 02-04-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #437
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

The latter part of my statement was in fact referring more to real-life pests than what's on TV. Irritating characters can make for better storylines (up to a point, anyway), but they add nothing to real-world happiness.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #438
Voxxyn
Banned

Frankie already has Bloo, Mr. Herriman, Duchess and Cheese to annoy her. She puts up with more than all of the other characters, arguably combined. Goofball was not only unnecessary, but completely uncalled for.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #439
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Well Bloo, Cheese, and occasionally Duchess are everyone's problems. Cheese is too stupid to honestly know what the hell he's doing, saying, or directing it to. Bloo is Bloo and he basically does this to everyone inside and outside of Foster's.

Herriman and Goofball are both more Frankie directed and I agree that Goofball's level of mean spirited careless actions couldn't have been meaner if he honestly tried. He did everything short of yanking out her heart and using it as a door stop.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #440
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I always found it particularly insulting that he couldn't even take the time to get her name right. How self-involved and uncaring is that? And people wonder why we hate him?

Closed Thread