Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #411
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

It appears some fairies have been very busy so far this week. Causing mischief wherever they go, breaking things, causing stress, making us spend more time and money than we'd prefer. Mischievous little buggers! Yes, we can blame it on the fairies.

Hope things are up and running again for you soon, Cass.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #412
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It won't take long. I swear though, it's so incredibly frustrating sometimes; things like this never happen in my other neighborhoods. It's like Reality itself is deliberately trying to shut the Valley down, and I can guess why, too. Let it try; I will never stop, never quit, never give up until I've accomplished everything that I've set out to do. The story doesn't end until I say it ends.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #413
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

I'm glad you feel the same way I do when my game crashes/I forget to save/other nasty stuff occurs. Btw, are you sure about The Sims 3? I mean, you've spent ages getting the Valley work, are you gonna restart?

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #414
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

The official Sims 3 site noted in my sig opens for business on the 19th; however, the game itself won't be released for another year or so. After I get my copy, I have absolutely no intention of installing and using it until a patch is released, because EA Games is incapable of creating a game without bugs, and I'll be needing a patch-compatible, SecuROM-free pirated exe file to run the game safely. I would also like an S3 version of the InSIMenator. After all that, I will still wait and see what other players are experiencing before I do anything with the game. I'd love to install it and see what it can do on the first day but the simple fact is that I do not trust EA Games, not after the whole SecuROM fiasco. I won't use play any games made by them until they're proven to be safe and reliable.

As for Foster's Valley, I'll have that running again this afternoon. Back-up files are a Simmer's best friend.

By the way, if anyone wants any changes to their Sims (clothing, hair, make-up, whatever), now would be an excellent time to ask. Now, somebody please comment so I don't have to post back-to-back.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 03-12-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: I hate posting back-to-back.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #415
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post

As for Foster's Valley, I'll have that running again this afternoon. Back-up files are a Simmer's best friend.
Hurrah for that!

There's the comment you ordered, Cass.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #416
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

2nd ordered comment... maybe new clothes for me...?

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #417
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

3rd comment...
Can I maybe have some new clothes, please?

? Long Live Jeremiah ?
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #418
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
2nd ordered comment... maybe new clothes for me...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxClaire View Post
3rd comment...
Can I maybe have some new clothes, please?
Everyday clothes for female teen Sims, from the creative geniuses at TSR. Over 8600 outfits to choose from! TSR... where the discriminating Sim downloads her dress.

I should work on Madison Avenue.

Given that I really, really don't want to play through 27 Welcome Wagon scenarios again, I'm going to take a shot at removing the memory hole. Might work, might make things worse, might do nothing. No way to know until I try. Worst that can happen is I run the back-up files and endure the dang Welcome Wagon again, which was what I was going to do to begin with. In the meantime...

Ten random pictures from around the Valley... and beyond...

Severus Snape came home from a long day at the lab and wondered to himself, "Why is there an anime girl in my house?":

Some of you may remember Florah Gustafsen, Bjorn and Ingrid's daughter, from much earlier in the thread. This is her slightly older twin sister, Lylah. She's here because Severus's daughter Wendy spotted her walking by the house and invited her in. Florah and Lylah are nearly complete opposites; Florah tends to be a bit of a slob and is very outgoing, while Lylah is shy and something of a neatnik. Their Aspirations and interests don't match up much, either. Despite this the girls get along remarkably well, although Lylah no doubt wishes Florah was a little less boisterous. As for Severus, he had dinner, helped Wendy with her homework, played chess with Lylah for awhile, and went to bed. He'd had a very full day, including a promotion.

Poor, poor Terrence:

Dmitri got the Day One call for a trip downtown; turned out it was from Rhonda, who seems to be quite taken with the Russian doctor. The game opted to send Terrence along as well. Here he's seen dying of embarassment, Rhonda having just told Dmitri a cute little story about him getting his head stuck in a mailbox. Dunno how he did that. Two other unhappy teens were in Londoste that night:

Long story short: xxxClaire snuck out of the house and went downtown for some fun, and Imaginary Light busted her. Lynnie was not pleased. Lot of troublemakers in that house; at least Linestra behaves herself. Mostly.

The Valley Pest checks out his bad self:

Wouldn't y'all just love to smack him? Gabe does this all the time, without any prompting from me. He preens constantly, hits on anything in a skirt, bothers everyone else, and is convinced that he's the game's gift to women everywhere. He's a riot to play. I think I mentioned that eventually Terrence is going to beat him up. Yes, I will film the event.

All eyes are turning to Eduardo as he sucks down a sandwich:

Also present at the table are Travis McBride, the New Guy, Candida Westlane, and Amanda Blue; this pic is from Amanda's dining room. The first three are Amanda's Welcome Wagon; Eduardo is present because he was the 2:00 PM walkby and Amanda, who likes company, invited him to join the gang for lunch. Oh, fortunate Eduardo... (mind wanders) Uh, where was I? Yeah. Later in the day, it was Dr. von Kohl's turn to feed people:

You know Coco and Mr. Herriman, of course. The other diner is Marta Dunay, the Valley Pest's younger sister, who is much sweeter than her brother but still quite a handful. All three were walkbys that Werner invited in, presumably so he could test his cooking skills on them. Coco is complaining about Gabe in the pic. After dinner, the girls amused themselves with gossip and the TV while Werner and Mr. Herriman hit the chess table. Fun evening for all.

Allyn Thomason meets Lavender Fred, and is not happy about it:

Nor should she be. Allyn came with the Seasons expansion and is in every neighborhood in every game. Quite a sweetheart, too, albeit a little lazy. Lavender is someone I downloaded from the Exchange. A lot of Sims have little personality quirks; some are smarter than others, several are obsessed with emptying the trash compactor, a few are intent on hugging everyone they meet, and at least one actually seems to be aware of me. Lavender's quirk is that she's agressive. She has poked, slapped, and/or shoved at least three times as many people as anyone else ever has, and has beaten the crap out of at least two other women. On this evening she's decided to pick on poor Allyn. I have no idea why she does this. I don't think her creator uploaded her because he wanted to share, no; he wanted to be rid of her. Lavender lives in Pleasantview on my old computer, so y'all will never have to deal with her... unless I create a new package file.

A genetics experiment gone horribly wrong:

There are two particularly attractive Sims that come with the game, which I cloned back into the Create-A-Sim program with a hack. After some fiddling, Liza was created from their combined genetic code (yes, Sims have a genetic code). So was Lloyd. Combining their codes produced their children, Milton and Marcella. The problem is their personalities. Lloyd and Marcella have only 3 points in Nice, which is the level at which Sims start smacking teddy bears. Liza and Milton have only 1 point in Nice. They live on Silverrock Island, not Foster's Valley. Be very thankful.

And finally, also living on Silverrock Island, the one and only Jimmy Montero:

A rock star turned game designer, Jimmy is a really nice guy, extremely playful, and a lazy slob. Here he is, indulging in his favorite activity, bouncing on the sofa. Left to his own devices, he will do nothing all day but bounce, play videogames, blow bubbles, and indulge himself in whatever activity strikes him as the most fun at the moment. Seated nearby is his daughter Sierra, who has long since gotten used to her father's antics. Here's another look:

The red-haired woman is his wife, former B-movie actress Uma Marshall. You can almost hear her disapproval as Sierra says, "Look, mom! Daddy's lost his mind!" The couple, one of Hollywood's more colorful marriages, have another daughter named Sasha, not seen here because she's asleep, exhausted from being an angsty emo goth at the mall all day. No family makes me laugh and shake my head more than the Montero's do.

Okay, that about covers it; hope you enjoy these pics as much as I did. If you'll excuse me, I've got a hole to plug.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #419
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

That picture of Gabe cracked me up I think I can hear him saying, "I'm one hot piece of man!"

And I was looking through those Sim outfits...do you think you can change my outfit to this? It reminds me of what I usually tend to wear
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #420
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Claire? Sneak out? Poor Claire, she looks like she's about to cry. *hugs Claire* Now, no sneaking out again, ok?

Quote:
Oh, fortunate Eduardo... (mind wanders) Uh, where was I?
*snaps fingers* Come back, Cass! Where'd ya go?

Haha, the last picture of Jimmy jumping on the sofa had me laughing. He's about to fall and crack his head open. Can you imagine having a dad like that? The nightmares!

Did you get the game working again, Cass?
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote