Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #411
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Well said by all. My feeling is that if anything positive can be said about "Imposter's", it's that it really made us care all the more about someone wonderful that we already cared about to begin with. The fact that the episode continues to upset some of us, myself included, says a lot to me about how very likable a character Frankie is, that she can inspire so much emotion in us, both positive and negative. On that note, may I suggest that we keep Goofball in his thread and out of this one? This is Frankie's thread, after all, and I'd much rather it be a thread where we talk about and celebrate her rather than waste our time on a one-shot putz who deserves only our contempt. And she's certainly worth celebrating.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #412
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

For the last time, by "look" that doesn't necessarily mean college grads have a look.

It's a personal thing that people see. When you see a character, certain things in your own personal way come into your mind. This is one for me. I didn't mean to draw this out into a whole big ordeal.

I was simply saying that because of just a natural view of appearance on her, it didn't fit in my mind that she finished college. Mostly due to the fact that cartoons rarely ever cross this sort of subject.

High school is one thing but toons rarely go off into college unless it's integral to the plot and revolves around school 24/7 like shows like "Totally Spies" or "W.I.T.C.H.". I wasn't doing this to produce "facts" or quotes to back anything up.

If that's what the episode says, then that's what it says, I'm just saying at first glance, it didn't come to mind.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-05-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #413
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
I don't see college folks as having a particular "look". Most college kids I know (and I know many) are pretty unique and many will graduate at or before age 22. And now I'm realizing that I'm pretty much paraphrasing what Pitbulllady already said.
I was actually going to comment (or more or less, rant) about the "business suit/Trump" thing. That's just.... yeah, just, NO. Most of the rich and famous didn't even GO to college. Business has got nothing to do with being a college graduate. When I think "college", I think about lawyers, doctors, psychiatrists, teachers, or a career that requires more than just a high school diploma and even a Bachelor's degree. Funny thing, I actually posted something just like this concerning Frankie's college education and degree on another thread. I forgot which one though. :p

Quote:
I think Frankie's age (22) combined with the term "major" and the implication that her graduation was recent are strong arguments that she's been written as a college graduate.
I've never seen "Frankie My Dear", but I don't know just how much more obvious a line like, "Wow, I heard that's a really tough major" and "So, what do you do now that you've graduated?" has to be. These are the words we all use when referring to a college education. I don't get how some people think that graduating college at the age of 21 is being too soon. I'll be turning 21 next May, about a week after my college graduation. I'd say Frankie indeed finished college, though at her age, she couldn't have obtained more than a Bachelor's.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #414
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
For the last time, by "look" that doesn't necessarily mean college grads have a look.

It's a personal thing that people see. When you see a character, certain things in your own personal way come into your mind. This is one for me. I didn't mean to draw this out into a whole big ordeal.

I was simply saying that because of just a natural view of appearance on her, it didn't fit in my mind that she finished college. Mostly due to the fact that cartoons rarely ever cross this sort of subject.

High school is one thing but toons rarely go off into college unless it's integral to the plot and revolves around school 24/7 like shows like "Totally Spies" or "W.I.T.C.H.". I wasn't doing this to produce "facts" or quotes to back anything up.

If that's what the episode says, then that's what it says, I'm just saying at first glance, it didn't come to mind.
No ordeal my friend, just some entertaining discussion. You know from prior discussions with me that I just like to talk about things that are interesting and like to see other perspectives. Prior to reading this thread, I thought Frankie's college education was something all fans simply assumed as a given. That's obviously not the case and I'm curious as to why.

"She doesn't look it at all" carries the implication that college folks have a certian look (one that Frankie does not match). That's what I saw, that's what prompted my statements. My apologies for any misinterpretation.

DoubleLatte, most of the rich and famous didn't go to college, but I'd wager that most of the rich (and not famous) did. While not always neccessary to work in certain business positions (but a must in areas like accounting), a college business degree (even a bachelor's) can open up a lot of doors. There's no substitute for hard work, though.

Now, let us not forget the most important thing about college...
Basketball.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #415
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Sorry for breaking the flow of the conversation, but I haven't gotten to say how I feel about Frankie yet, and I really want to. Forgive me if I say something that's been said already, but I really don't have the patience to read through 40+ pages of opinions. No offense, I just want to put my two cents in.

I really, really, really love Frankie, and I'd like to see more of her like we did in the first season. It's bothered me to no end how she's seemingly being phased out, as I think she's too important a character to just do that too. Hopefully, the upcoming Emancipation Complication will do just that. My fingers are crossed, at least.

I think, in a lot of ways, the appeal Frankie has for me is because I can make similarities (somewhat) between myself and her. For one, I have a job (somewhat) similiar to her's, though not on as grand a scale, as I'm merely part of the cleaning crew for a Wal-Mart Supercenter (yes, I work at Wal-Mart; least it's a job). Again, it's nowhere near the task Frankie has, but I can understand where a lot of her frustration comes from. Other than that, the similiarities are fairly basic and generic: kindness, occasional short temper, ect.

Just my two cents for now.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #416
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
I really, really, really love Frankie, and I'd like to see more of her like we did in the first season. It's bothered me to no end how she's seemingly being phased out, as I think she's too important a character to just do that too. Hopefully, the upcoming Emancipation Complication will do just that. My fingers are crossed, at least.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #417
Voxxyn
Banned

I used to think she was being phased out, for a brief while. I'll be honest, I HATE the whole concept of the "Foster's Five"(Mac, Bloo, Wilt, Ed and Coco) because it gives the feeling that Frankie is second-rate and unimportant by comparison; and I originally expressed it by fearing that Mattel would snub her for their upcoming line of Foster's toys. I still kinda am; but what I REALLY care about is for Frankie to continue being a prominent part of the show.

She's had a pretty big role in Season Four, especially the later episodes... and after how she's "paid her dues" recently(i.e: being lied to and deceived in "Bus the Two of Us", and nearly going crazy from stress in "The Big Cheese"), I think she's earned the right to shine in "Emancipation Complication".

I'm anticipating that episode almost as much as the Wilt fans are anticipating GWH.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:55 AM   #418
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

As am I. I caught a very brief preview of the episode yesterday afternoon where Frankie was telling Madam Foster that "He locked us in a closet!", presumably referring to Lil' Lincoln (who does look a little like Lincoln). I'm totally psyched for this episode!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #419
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Frankie goes to Hollywood...

would that joke be too corny to revisit?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #420
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I doubt that they will ever phase Frankie out of the show, she's too popular and important. The commercial for "Good Wilt Hunting" show's that she's as involved as ever by takeing the gang on a bus then plane ride in the hunt for Wilt.