Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #391
montitech
Foster's Legend

After watching the Goofball episode last night I have to say I completely disagree with the Frankie Fans gripe.

While reading through their complains against Goofball over the past few months I was starting to sympathize with them. But after viewing the episode again I cannot see anything horrible happening here.

I thought most of the friends were treating Frankie poorly in this episode. From Bloo?s typical annoying behavior, to Mr H expectations of Frankies servitude. But this behavior has never been unusual. This episode just put a spotlight on the grime that Frankie has to deal with daily. The toils that Frankie went through in this episode really were not worst than her toils in the episode ?Busted? The primary difference was in Busted it focused on the gang trying to repair the Vase and the disaster they left behind was not in the spotlight. While here the episode focused was on Frankie and the grime that she has to deal with on a daily basis. If it isn?t Mr H bossing her around (instead of doing something himself) it was the annoying lady at the grocery store.

I would have to agree that it was a Murphy?s Law Day for Frankie. She even picked the Cart with the Bad wheel. But I did not see anything horrid here, bust funny. I suggest not hating Goofball, but look at the episode as a Bad day and see if you can find any humor some of the situations Frankie found herself in. in Fact Ignore GoofBall completely and look at the rest of the episode, because really Goofball was only about Half of the episode, but there was a lot more there then just goofball.

I guess this is one of those episodes that goes the wrong way with some people becasue they cannot relate to the Humor. but I myself find the episode to be a lot of fun, and I enjoyed seeing the Slacker Goofball and his unsucessful trials to get home.

Once again I hope I do not offend anyone,
Monty
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #392
Voxxyn
Banned

I refuse to see the "humor" and "entertainment" of what the episode did to Frankie. The notion of even attempting to enjoy this malicious disgrace is endlessly offensive and revolting to me. The entire house being ignorant to the suffering of the very person who takes care of them only makes things even WORSE and more hurtful.

This episode is very different from "Busted" and all the other ones that involve Frankie enduring some kind of hardship. The gang's attempts to repair the bust weren't cruel in the slightest; it was an ordinary work day for Frankie; she gets some payback at the end, and since it was one of the series' earliest episodes, it was necessary to show viewers the nature of Frankie's job(as well as her antagonistic relationship with Herriman). Goofball was a reckless and malicious jerk; on what was supposed to be Frankie's night off as reward for all her hard work; who gets absolutely no payback for her suffering; and was one of the two Season 3 episodes(the other being FGTE) that came dangerously close to ruining the show thanks to their unwarranted cruelty towards sympathetic characters.

IHFUMEUP didn't really "establish" the nature of Frankie's job, because it was already long established. All it was was a vicious kick in the face to Frankie and her fans.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #393
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this thread anymore.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #394
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this thread anymore.
Me neither. Look, guys... Frankie had a hard time in this episode. We know. We know she did. Really. But the fact is that this episode had nothing to do with her fans. They weren't thinking about her fans. It wasn't a "kick in the face". It's over. There won't be another. Goofball isn't coming back. You don't have to watch it. I know some of you probably find that suggestion horrifyingly repulsive and saddening and so on, but it's true. Please. If you dislike the episode so much, don't give it attention (three hundred-something posts about it) that it doesn't deserve.

And I watched it yesterday and found Goofball's semi-compliment to Frankie and her smile at him to be at least a half-happy ending. I'm sure everyone disagrees, but I'm basing this opinion on what Frankie felt at the end, which probably was relief that it's over and will be for the rest of eternity.

Last edited by kageri; 01-25-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #395
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Me neither. Look, guys... Frankie had a hard time in this episode. We know. We know she did. Really. But the fact is that this episode had nothing to do with her fans. They weren't thinking about her fans. It wasn't a "kick in the face". It's over. There won't be another. Goofball isn't coming back. You don't have to watch it. I know some of you probably find that suggestion horrifyingly repulsive and saddening and so on, but it's true. Please. If you dislike the episode so much, don't give it attention (three hundred-something posts about it) that it doesn't deserve.

And I watched it yesterday and found Goofball's semi-compliment to Frankie and her smile at him to be at least a half-happy ending. I'm sure everyone disagrees, but I'm basing this opinion on what Frankie felt at the end, which probably was relief that it's over and will be for the rest of eternity.
Well said.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 01-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #396
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Yes let's put an end to this hateful dwelling in the past. Forgiving Goofball isn't about letting him off for being jerk but letting yourself free of all that unpleasantness.

As for the creators of this show, I hope no-one influences them in the content of the show. I trust them not to bring any characters I love to serious harm, my job is to sit and watch it. Or sometimes lay down or stand up. Maybe I'll be leaning on something. That's not really important...er...that's it.

Aw....Snicket
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #397
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I invite all of you to rewatch the part where Frankie is scrubbing the floors while everybody else is at the concert. It hurt, and it hurt bad. I find nothing humorous about the episode in general and that scene in particular. And to those who claim it wasn't that bad, well, to some of us it most certainly was that bad, otherwise this thread wouldn't be almost 400 posts long.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-25-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #398
JPPT1974
Winter Wonderland

Cheese Fan  

Do you think that Goofball is just naive
And didn't know any better?
Or just Bloo was trying to get Goofball
To just give Frankie a hard time?
You know come to think of it, it could had been
Bloo telling Goofball just to do those things in order
To humilate Frankie!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #399
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Being a Frankie fan, I hated to see her get hurt like that (whether through ignorance, or malice), but there is nothing more I can really say for this thread, that has already been said.

Last edited by Howard; 01-25-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #400
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Good then let's let it go. We're all agreed Frankie had a doubleplusbad time. You ever seen Pagliacci? There's a character who has a bad time too. No-one should be held responsible for the way YOU feel about something and you make it worse by dredging it up.In waters that are turbulent and muddy there is no clarity!

Or to put it another way. How do you think Frankie would want you to feel about it?

Aw....Snicket
Closed Thread