Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:49 PM   #391
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thanks, guys. That was very informative. I finished high-school and never went to, or intend to, collage. I hated school more then anything else in my life, and the thought of going to another one just makes me wanna die.
I don't know what it is but Frankie just dosent strike me as the collage type. I guess that's just one more thing that makes her out of my league if she were real.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #392
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Wellll... It depends, she coudl actually have finished earlier than 18: I'm a year younger than my classmates and I got an offer to skip senior year (I don't actually meet the qualifications, though) from a college in california, which would mean i'd start college at 16. WHich i can't, but it's possible for someone not so hard-headed as I to do.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #393
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I personally think Frankie didn't go to college yet, or if she did, she just got started and had to stop due to her duties at Foster's. Frankie's knowledge of the computer and judging by her own attitudes, I'd say she's been out of high school for a bit now.

My guess is that she wasn't able to do as much at Foster's as a child as she was growing up, with school and all. But now that she's an adult, she's free to take time off and devote herself full time to Foster's, which is what's most important to her.

Frankie doesn't seem like the kind of person who's rushing to go back to school, she seems content and happy where she is. I'm sure she wants to go back but it's obvious no matter how you slice it that her heart will always belong at Foster's first and foremost.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #394
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I personally think Frankie didn't go to college yet, or if she did, she just got started and had to stop due to her duties at Foster's. Frankie's knowledge of the computer and judging by her own attitudes, I'd say she's been out of high school for a bit now.
Dylan says to her in Frankie My Dear:

"Wow, I heard that's a really tough major; I'm impressed. So, what do you do now that you've graduated?"

I suppose one could argue that he's referring to a high school major. But I wouldn't.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #395
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I just think it's a bit fast for her to finish college so quickly.

Especially with such a heavy load to take care of at Foster's.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #396
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Well, college is typically 4 years. If she graduated high school at the age of 17 (her birthday being in July, so she would have turned 18 that summer) and entered college that fall (again, at the age of 18), she would have graduated at the age of 21 (in May/June) and turned 22 the following July. I was 17 when I graduated high school, it's quite common.

But if anyone prefers to think she didn't go to college, no one's stopping them. It's just a cartoon and we're all just throwing theories around half the time anyways. It's fun.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #397
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I just don't find Frankie to be the collage type. I'm not insulting her intellagane or anything, she just seems happy at Fosters. We all know that she's going to take over someday.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #398
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I just don't find Frankie to be the collage type. I'm not insulting her intellagane or anything, she just seems happy at Fosters. We all know that she's going to take over someday.
Would you mind telling us exactly what IS "the college type"? I have two degrees, like I've said, yet I did very little drinking in college(REALLY), I had no interest whatsoever in pledging a sororiety, I came home to my family on most weekends, and I actually made very good grades-3.8 GPA. I knew from the get-go that if I wanted to get a half-way decent job and be able to afford getting out on my own and not have to live with my parents for the rest of my life, I needed a degree. Frankie probably was thinking along those same lines, since she seems to be the practical, logical sort, much like myself. She might not have actually been WORKING at Foster's while she was in college, but like so many college grads, might have found that it was far more difficult to get a job in her chosen major than she originally thought, and her grandmother offered to put her on the payroll, OR she might have had a change of heart about pursuing a graduate degree and career outside of her home. That often happens, too. I orignally set out to be a graphic designer, with big dreams of moving away to a big city like NYC or LA, but the Computer Revolution did for graphic designers what robotics has done for the automobile industry, and I quickly discovered that my family and country traditions that I almost wound up taking for granted were more important than a job far away in some big cold city. I can easily see Frankie arriving at a similar conclusion upon graduation.

Incidentally, I graduated when I was 17 from high school, turned 18 the following July(didn't the info on Frankie's DL say she was born in July, as well?), and completed my undergraduate degree by the time I was
21. I COULD have actually graduated earlier than that, having exempted most of my basic ed requirements, like US History, Literature 101, and several Biology and General Science, by taking AP tests in high school. I just got sorta lazy in my Sr. year of college and opted out against taking a full course load each first semester, which meant I had to go through the second semester to get enough credits.

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 11-03-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #399
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

the "Frankie My Dear" reference to her "major" and "graduation" does everything short of prove that the writers intend her to be a college graduate.

Mr. M, I haven't seen anything that indicates (with certainty) that she's worked at Foster's fulltime all through her college-age years (she's obviously lived there, or at least shown up for picture day and secret door openings). Finishing college before or at the age of 22 is certainly not unthinkable...
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #400
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
didn't the info on Frankie's DL say she was born in July, as well?
July 25, 1984 is what it said. The premiere date of the Foster's Pilot movie, I believe, with 1984 being the year neccessary to make Frankie 22 years old when "Bus the Two of Us" aired.

speaking of which, she needs to get her lisence renewed by January 9.

Last edited by billytheskink; 11-03-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Closed Thread