Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #31
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Longhorn beetle:

http://vejur.deviantart.com/#/d2ucw01

Arizona meteor crater:

http://vejur.deviantart.com/#/d2ucydd

Enjoy.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #32
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Talking

Those are some really great shot there, dude.

Last night, I played a board game with several friends, and some of us pulled out our Droid phones and tried to take as many photos using the Google Goggles application to search for things. Today and tonight, I will be going out to see a film, eat out, and play video games with some friends. After that, I will need to hit the hay earlier, because I will need to be up to get ready to leave for San Diego (will be taking a Metrolink train at 8:27am, the next one isn't until after 1pm, and then stop in Anaheim and go on an Amtrak train to SD at the 10am hour).

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 07-19-2010 at 12:05 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #33
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

All right, folks, I am officially in lovely San Diego right now. I made it through without any hassle. BBF's last plane was delayed and he had to get on another plane, so his arrival will be a little late, but he did last inform me on FB that he was boarding so that's great. I also did receive the Bloo costume (thank you, Sparky!).

Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #34
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I am just about to turn in for the night, as I have a flight to catch at 9:30AM tomorrow.

If all goes according to plan, I should be touching down in San Diego (Via Washington D.C) at about 3:30 PST.

Now Maestro a little traveling music if you please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UCrXJWvPuw

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #35
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Lentil and sausage soup:

http://vejur.deviantart.com/#/d2uh9w1

From an Italian place Howard and I hit the other night. We ate rather well.

We plan on leaving Arizona around 5:30 AM PDT Thursday morning and arriving in San Diego sometime in the early afternoon. Once there we'll register, pick up supplies, and get settled in our respective hotels. Not yet sure what happens after that, but I'll figure out something. See y'all soon!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #36
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I have been in SD for a couple hours now, I would have posted sooner but first I wanted to get something to eat, second I can't get the Wi-Fi working in my room and third....Top Chef was on.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #37
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Been in SD since late on Tuesday, took three flights: an hour from Newcastle to Heathrow (stopped in a hotel for the night), 8 hours from Heathrow to Chicago, then about 4 hours from Chicago to SD (was delayed because the tail flaps on the original plane were dodgy, takeoff was aborted, was put on to a new plane). Been hanging out, bowling and shopping with ORD since.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #38
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Great to have you back in the USA, t!

Today, got up really early (after 7am, that's likely to be the norm throughout my time in San Diego), and there was light rain/drizzle in San Diego...which usually, no precipitation falls during the summer. It was another day that it failed to reach 70F, not really complaining at all, though the breeze made me wish I had a jacket at times. I went to get my Starbucks Frappuccino, then BBF and I went to eat breakfast at a restaurant at the Seaport Village. Then we headed for a trolley ride to the San Diego State University area to at the Aztec Center and played three rounds of bowling, all three which I lost, though the last one was competitive. Still enjoyed it, though. Once we were done with that, we were on the trolley, I swore there was a guy sitting on the same trolley that looked a bit like Phil LaMarr to me. When Phil responded to my response on how I saw a look-a-like, he said on his Twitter page, "Look-a-like? I don't think so. Probably just one of my army of clon-droids I use for security & convenience." We went to the Westfield Horton Plaza, picked up several things, got deserts, and just looked around. Later in the afternoon, I got my badge and this year, they're actually giving out those famous WB/Warner Bros. bags during the picking up of badges. There are 11 designs. I went to the floor, I went to the Uglydolls booth and picked up some stuff. I did go by the Cartoon Network booth. I didn't recognize anyone there, though it's good that they have a booth again. I also picked up one of the Google Android mascot (Android is a smartphone competitor to Apple's iPhone, RIM BlackBerry Palm OS, Windows Mobile, etc.) figures. I did run into one of my Facebook friends today. Long day, but I really was satisfied with how it turned out. I'm sure I will see a lot more familiar faces tomorrow and in the coming days.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #39
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
It was another day that it failed to reach 70F, not really complaining at all, though the breeze made me wish I had a jacket at times.
You have no idea how much it pleases me to hear this; it hasn't reached below 80F in Arizona since February. I've drank enough liquid to fill a small lake.

Final night here. Howard and I decided to cap this part of my vacation with a trip to the Outback Steak House, where we ate a ridiculous amount of food and could barely move by the time we were done. Gluttony is fun. It's been one hell of a good time out here, hanging out with Howard and seeing things I've never seen before. I'd definitely like to visit this state again. Anyway, I'll be turning in for the night soon; we've got a long drive coming up tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #40
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Day two, I ended up waking up before 7am. I went to get a frappuccino, a bagel, and a banana. I went to Sails Pavilion and was attempting to meet Tom Kane again (didn't see him at one of the autograph tables, maybe it was delayed or re-scheduled) and actor Stephen Tobolowsky (Groundhog Day). I did later on meet Tobolowsky, really nice guy, and I did get a photo of him. I did see a few friends that are part of the Artists Gallery area in the afternoon hours. I had lunch in the Gaslamp District. I ended up getting too much food. I was not able to finish all the chicken strips, fries, and mozzarella sticks. I went to pick up another one of those Google Android mascot figures, but they were sold out until tomorrow. I then went to meet voice actor Steve Blum again at the Sails Pavilion. Finally, I went to see an Adventures in Voice Acting panel, featuring Yuri Lowenthal and a few others. Before I got off the trolley, I did briefly see iceberg210. Took me a bit to notice it was him on the trolley.

Overall, not a bad Thursday, considering that panel-wise, this would probably be the slowest. It was also another day where I believed for a second I saw two different voice-over actors (regardless if they're actually attending or not this year). Maurice LaMarche and Keith Ferguson were the ones I were thinking when I saw a few faces from a distance, but a few features made me think "definitely not them". Anyhoo, we gotta meet at some point. I believe we'll definitely be present for Worst Cartoons ever tomorrow evening.

Edit: And I'm 2011 ready; I went ahead and pre-registered. It's $105, up $5. They're also selling single-day memberships.

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 07-22-2010 at 08:32 PM.