Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #31
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Drawn Together

Say what you want about Sarah Silverman, but at least she can bring out a laugh. This show here is just terrible. Being beaten over the head over and over again with terrible pop references, dismal jokes, annoying voice acting and a generic animation style that doesn't even make it fun to watch. I'd rather watch a 8 hour marathon of Carlos Mencia and MADtv than this for its 22 minute runtime.

Some say it's the most offensive show they've ever seen. Which is all well and good if the show actually attempted to be funny. I mean it's on Comedy Central, but its tries for laughs are about as ineffective as Stephen Hawking attempting to walk.

This stays on three seasons while Stella is taken off the air? There is no justice in television.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #32
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Drawn Together

Say what you want about Sarah Silverman, but at least she can bring out a laugh. This show here is just terrible. Being beaten over the head over and over again with terrible pop references, dismal jokes, annoying voice acting and a generic animation style that doesn't even make it fun to watch. I'd rather watch a 8 hour marathon of Carlos Mencia and MADtv than this for its 22 minute runtime.

Some say it's the most offensive show they've ever seen. Which is all well and good if the show actually attempted to be funny. I mean it's on Comedy Central, but its tries for laughs are about as ineffective as Stephen Hawking attempting to walk.

This stays on three seasons while Stella is taken off the air? There is no justice in television.
I disagree with virtually everything you just said, considering I never had a problem with Mencia or MAD TV. And certainly not Drawn Together because I love that show no matter how offensive it is.

I find it to be the most offensive I have ever seen and that is exactly why I watch it. It's a hell of a lot funnier then Metalacolypse which despite a few funny moments, relies on exploding jaws has so many times to be funny..but doesn't.

I wouldn't say its an awful show but the humor is so few and scarcely placed.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 11-01-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #33
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

I have no problem with offensive humor. But it has to be funny. Something that I don't even believe the show is capable of. It seems to be one of those shock humor shows. And not a good one at that.

To monitech, it's good to know that someone else misses Juniper Lee. The show was pulled off the air just as it was really hitting its stride.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #34
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
I have no problem with offensive humor. But it has to be funny. Something that I don't even believe the show is capable of. It seems to be one of those shock humor shows. And not a good one at that.
Some people find that "freakshow" comedy central made funny, I sure as hell didn't. Humor is relative to the viewer, which is one of the reasons its hard to rank anything on this thread considering humor is quite a hard thing to judge.

Some people don't find Monty Python to be funny at all and I think there some of the most brilliant comedians ever. Another show i really didn't care for: Lilo and Stitch the series. I tried to enjoy this show, I REALLY did try to like it.

But it was just too mentally degrading. The morality lessons suffocate the show, the escaped alien experiments have pretty stupid, unoriginal nicknames, and the villains are a whiny hamster alien and the actually dangerous bad guy is reduced with such brilliant insults as "dumb, dumb head".

Not to mention the only time things really got interesting in the show was when they crossover Lilo with Kim Possible, Proud Family, and American Dragon and any show that needs THAT many crossovers can't be doing well ratings wise. I only watched the KP one because I'm a die hard KP fan for life.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Deal or No Deal? The New Zealand version.

I've seen it once and just hated it, trying to take a real good Australian gameshow and turn it around, making it real bad.
I mean, they show the banker for starters, a whole pushing the button thing, and a real bad host.

The Australian version is way better, especially with Andrew hosting it (Can't remember his last name)

Last edited by Mayor Adam West; 11-02-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #36
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
You want to impress me with survival skills? Give each contestant a bagged lunch, twenty bucks, and a flashlight, then drop them in the middle of Baghdad. First one to find an army base wins.
I would really watch that.

*cough*(And if there's a voting option for it I would vote for people I hate to be blown to bits.)*cough*
Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #37
Wendi
sup B)

lol hay sir.  

When I was in elementary school, Dragon Ball Z, or any of that crappy toonami stuff would make me want to run outside and punch a bunch of babies. From what I could tell, Dragon Ball Z was about constipated men with big hair. :0 And when you put anime on mute, it looks like they are eating. just like one mouth movement for every word.

AAAAND despite what everyone else thinks, I think My Gym Partner is a Monkey is a clever show. :]
Wendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #38
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I find newer episodes of Kids Next Door to be pretty crummy. The only season I can stand is Season 1.

Other than that...no.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #39
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
When I was in elementary school, Dragon Ball Z, or any of that crappy toonami stuff would make me want to run outside and punch a bunch of babies. From what I could tell, Dragon Ball Z was about constipated men with big hair. :0 And when you put anime on mute, it looks like they are eating. just like one mouth movement for every word.
That should be engraved on a plaque.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #40
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

"Fear Factor"-no contest. That is THE stupidest and most-revolting show I've ever seen. There's a HUGE difference, folks, in being AFRAID of something and being DISGUSTED by it! I'm disgusted by the notion of eating fried hog brains with ketchup, something that my grandfather considered a breakfast delicacy, but I'm not SCARED of 'em! I'm not going to run screaming my head off, or puke, for that matter, if I see a plate of that particular Southern dish(you can buy canned hog brains in many supermarkets here, by the way). I'm SCARED witless of tornadoes, on the other hand, having experienced those first-hand. That doesn't make them gross or disgusting, though-far from it: I'll sit and watch an all-day "Storm Chasers" marathon on the National Geographic Channel without flinching!

What I REALLY despise, with every fiber of my existance, about "Fear Factor", though, is the way they treat live animals on that show. They try to make the tarantulas and Emperor scorpions that are victimized by their stupidity out to be these deadly, vicious killing machines, all so the people doing horrible things to them will seem all the more brave. The last episode I watched, and the one that really did it for me, involved contestants having to sort a vat of Corn Snakes by color(Corn Snakes come in hundreds of colors and patterns, the result of domestic, selective breeding by humans to produce PETS)in the shortest amount of time. The people were picking up these gentle snakes, flinging them around, and slamming them into walls and stuff, resulting in several snakes winding up with badly broken jaws, broken backs, hemorraging from their mouths and noses from internal injuries, etc. Snakes actually have MORE pain receptors than most mammals, yet I have to wonder what would have been the outcry if those had been kittens or puppies, instead of snakes. We had one guy on Arachnoboards who claimed to know the people who supplied the animals to that show, but he refused to divulge who it was, since he knew that there were a LOT of very angry folks who'd love to get ahold of that person or persons.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote