Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #31
Xroc88
At Home

Cheese is Clinically retarded though.

probably thought up by some short bus rider.
Xroc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #32
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xroc88 View Post
Cheese is Clinically retarded though.

probably thought up by some short bus rider.
Do you even know who created him? Cause I do
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #33
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I hosted dinner for my parents and sister today, and while eating, my sister was ranting how she can't think of anything creative for a school project. She said "My imagination has gone away, I wonder where it could have gone to?" And my mother, of all people, said "It must have gone to live at Foster's". I cracked up, as that was NOT expected. I'm glad to say I have turned my mother on to the show, especially after this last week when she FINALLY saw "A Lost Claus", she loved it. There's no way she or even my sister will be into the show as much as I am, but I'm glad I turned them onto it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #34
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Over Thanksgiving, I finally got to see GWH, but I had to watch it with my parents because there's no cable in my room. At some point, we had gotten to a group scene <Mac, Bloo, Frankie, Ed, Coco, Douglas and Adam and Nina group> and my dad asks me, "Is the red-headed girl [Frankie, obviously enough] a Foster?"

ME: Yeah, she's the graddaughter of the lady who founded the house.
MY DAD: Oh. She's kinda cute.
ME: Okay, Dad, whatever...

Honestly, I think he's gotten about Frankie even existing.

He also asked if the little yellow one who sang in the Macy's parade was going to be in this one. I told him, "Don't think so, Dad." The macy's parade was actually my parents' first real exposure to the show. My dad thought the float with Cheese was cute. <helpless shrug>

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #35
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Oh, my, Cheese is a difficult mascot to have for this show. He doesn't exactly sum it up well. The reason he IS the mascot is because he's so popular with the kiddies (and I know, sometimes it's easy to forget that they are the target audience).
Old 01-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #36
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Oh, my, Cheese is a difficult mascot to have for this show. He doesn't exactly sum it up well. The reason he IS the mascot is because he's so popular with the kiddies (and I know, sometimes it's easy to forget that they are the target audience).
HOoo, man, just think of how badly Cheese would have ruined GWH! Talk about an inappropriate time for him to show up!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #37
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

Considering that GWH and Cheese represent polar opposites of this show's good sides, I think that descision was wise.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #38
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Hmm, Cheese on GWH... well, I suppose it would have been more tolerable than having Goo in the episode, but I'm glad they kept him out. I can't really see a useful role for him anywhere here.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #39
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
HOoo, man, just think of how badly Cheese would have ruined GWH! Talk about an inappropriate time for him to show up!

pitbulllady
I know. after I told my dad that I doubted Cheese would be in GWH, I got to thinking about it during commercial and it was scary. GWH was very tender and dealt with some pretty serious subjects; putting Cheese in would have nearly destroyed the episode-- I know I wouldn't have liked it as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Hmm, Cheese on GWH... well, I suppose it would have been more tolerable than having Goo in the episode, but I'm glad they kept him out. I can't really see a useful role for him anywhere here.
Really, Cheese or Goo didn't fit into the ep that well. I think of Cheese and Goo as "semi-regulars"-- they make relatively frequent appearances, but aren't part of the "main cast."

I have another contribution to the "things people say about Foster's" part of the thread. On Friday, I made a picture of Wilt from "The Bloo SuperDude and the Potato of Power" doing the little "Because I said so..." hand motion thingy and added the words so I could hang it in my locker. I had it sitting on top of my bookbag because I was showing it to my friend Lauren when another one of my friends, Sarah, came over. She saw it and asked what it was. I gave her a brief explanation, and then she asked, "Isn't he all raggedy and falling apart?" My reaction: <sigh> He was in an accident.

That picture also got a reaction later that afternoon. When school let out, I'd hung it up before I started getting my stuff together to go home. One of the boys in my senior clas, Steven, came over and said, "So you like Foster's, huh?" (I have two pictures of Wilt hanging up in my locker: one of Wilt shrugging with the words "high school drama" in the background, and the "Because I said so..." one.) I said, "Yeah," and explained that I'd drawn the high school drama one and Photoshop-ed the Because I said so one. The rest of our Foster's-based conversation went like this:

STEVEN: Points to "Because I said so..." Who's this?
ME: It's same character as this one <points to shrugging Wilt> but in a hood.

<Man, I'm hyper-- I've eaten a lot of sugar and drank a ton of Dr. Pepper at work tonight, so that may be why...>

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #40
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

When people ask me what's up with Wilt's asymmetrical nature, I explain that he was in a "tragic, basketball related accident."