Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #31
megatron01
Banned

No! I'm just saying that.. oh, never mind!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #32
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Would you like it if some company took your favorite animes and 'Americanized' them against the wishes of both you and their creators?

That's the problem with your repeated insisting on a Japanese version of Foster's.
"Hanna-Barbera presents: Sailor Moon!" Oh, HELL no...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #33
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

*imagines Sailor Moon with stupid Scooby-Doo running sound*

OMG. NOOOO. D=

Ok, about that RPG.

No.

Foster's is not RGPable in any way. And seriously not when SE is going to take care. I freaking DON'T want to see Wilt going emo on the edge of a cliff, Mac taking out "evil" imaginary friends with the biggest sword in history and Bloo chanting magic spells out in the open in 2007 A.D.. You can see that coming, right?
Unless FHfIF gets changed in 50 possible ways to fit the Japanese-esque style RPG, I'd say no. And changing Foster's is a bad idea too - one of the most adorable things about this cartoon is everyone's type of character. I do NOT want to get it ruined by a SquareEnix RPG. So, sorry, but just no. An RPG is possible, but the SMRPG time of it. Else it won't be possible. Altough, a simple childfriendly RPG is a good idea again - just like not using a lot of violence and humorous special attacks.

Quote:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this thread...
Both.

Last edited by HappyFoppy; 01-21-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #34
Bride_Of_Lister
Newly Abandoned
Permanently Distracted  

Send a message via MSN to Bride_Of_Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
"Hanna-Barbera presents: Sailor Moon!" Oh, HELL no...

No this is what "Americanised" Sailor Moon looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNKTFBXLeI

Arn't you glad they just dubbed it, even with the censorship?

('cos really, just ouch! XP)

Last edited by Bride_Of_Lister; 01-22-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #35
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to cry, but most of me wants to gouge my eyes out with a fork.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron1
Japanese flair like theiir buildings in Japan, Japanese enemy names, Japanese speaking enemies, and anime girl monsters(hentai), certain japanese customs
Quote:
I just think that they should have some Japanese named attacks for the characters and Japanese names for the characters, plus extreme violence like the banned movie, "Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend"
Merely out of curiousity, you've brough hentai up at least twice. I'm sorry, but I have to know why you feel the Foster's universe is in need of hentai elements. I'm not trying to pick on you, really; I just want to try to understand why this point is repeatedly brought up, and specificially considering you'r talking about Urotsukidoji.

Now, I personally am a big fan of nearly everything japanese: anime, games, cinema (Tetsuo-The Iron Man is one of my favorite abstractionist films next to Eraserhead by David Lynch), but I really can't see a Japanese version of Fosters. I'm sorry, but I really think that the inclusion of Japanese elements merely to make it more Japanese is somewhat.....well, trivial.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #37
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Merely out of curiousity, you've brough hentai up at least twice. I'm sorry, but I have to know why you feel the Foster's universe is in need of hentai elements. I'm not trying to pick on you, really; I just want to try to understand why this point is repeatedly brought up, and specificially considering you'r talking about Urotsukidoji.
On that note megatron, I have actually received complaints from forum members because you've brought that stuff up not just once (which wasn't necessary) but multiple times, and people are concerned about what you might mention next. I do suggest you DON'T mention that kind of thing again. Not even in the Spam forum, nowhere. This is a family-friendly forum, readable by people of every age. Plus I think most of us really just don't want to hear about it. (Oh yeah and it's kinda toeing the rules, too.)
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #38
megatron01
Banned

Fine then, Uncle Sam. I hate you all on this forum because none of you accept MY idea for a FOSTER's RPG! NOT ONE OF YOU! "Lets have the game AMERICAN-MADE!" "Let's have it a PLATFORMER BECAUSE WE HATE RPG's! " "Let's BOMB JAPAN BECAUSE OUR COUNTRY IS BETTER THAN JAPAN!" You all make me sick. If you want me to be FAMILY-FRENDLY, well then FORGET IT! WHY DON'T ALL YOU BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!! Goodbye and GOOD-RIDANCE!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #39
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Oh wow, such maturity! I'm awed!

Seriously. If you're going to throw a hissy fit like this, I don't think we want you on our forum.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #40
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I'm so sorry you cannot follow the rules. Grow up, man. Auf wiedersehen!! I doubt you'll be allowed to return, if you were to come back.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Closed Thread