Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #31
Bloonan
Banned
No sudden movements... I'm watching you.  

Location: In the dark corner of my room, with my computer and my video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster's Geek 287 View Post
References galore! To...
  • Cookie Dough
  • The Sweet Stench of Success
  • Nightmare on Wilson Way
  • Cheese A Go-Go
  • Eddie Monster
  • Another one I forgot...
Awesome! More Khones, too!
I didn't notice that reference. What happened in it?

Last edited by Bloonan; 10-19-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Bloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #32
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Here's my all-time favorite quote:

"Ed, what're doing in the laundry chute? What was it that fell on my head? Why is there paint on the ceiling?" -Wilt
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #33
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

I answered my own question on the replay.

Darrick Bachman wrote the episode, and Vaughn Tada! was on the storyboard.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #34
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
and Vaughn Tada! was on the storyboard.
Lol, so Vaughn's been elevated to Scott Shaw! status, huh?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #35
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

The episode is good! I feel bad for Eduardo for being stuck in the laundry chute. Bloo is a great paintball painter. Bloo doesn't learn to follow rules which makes him the less cooler friend in the house. I like Jackie in this episode, he is the coolest character in the show, next to Bloo. It's odd for Jackie to blackmail Ed to make his sandwich so that he wouldn't tell Bloo about the lies Ed told about him. It's was a good episode. Eduardo does seem to brave in certain situations.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #36
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

Just got off from watching it and I have to say, that was a pretty good episode! I liked seeing Jackie Khones have an important role since "Cheese a Go-Go" and poor Wilt's flubbing on the loud speaker. For some reason, when one of the imaginary babies yelled "its a trap" after encountering Bloo in the Foyer, it kinda reminded me of "Return of the Jedi" where Admiral Ackbar said the same thing while the Rebels were being ambushed by the Empire during the space battle. Anyway, superb episode!

Last edited by Kootiebirdo; 10-19-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #37
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Lol, so Vaughn's been elevated to Scott Shaw! status, huh?
That Tada! was mine. :lol:

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #38
Soupaflyyy
Newly Abandoned

Well...

I gotta say: I don't absolutely love Darrick Bachman's episodes. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they usually fall a little flat for me. So, given that, it would be logical to assume that I didn't absolutely love this episode. And I didn't.

But I didn't hate it. Ed fibbing to the little nursery friends so that they would look up to him and think he was cool was so very cute. Eduardo is such an endearing character and seeing him play out his insecurities by basically pretending to be Bloo instead of himself makes him all the more so. Oh, that adorable pollo. I love him to bits...and pieces, as well!

Other things I liked: Bloo becoming so childishly upset when the nursery friends were teasing him. "I am noooot a baby!" That cracked me up. And Wilt over the PA system. Talk about aaawkwaaaard.

All in all, twas okay.
Soupaflyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #39
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I give this one a B+. I didn't care too much for the middle of the episode, which prevented me from giving this an A rating. Khones and Ed were too brilliant in this one, and it was great that the nursery friends still accepted Ed, even if he really is a "baby". I love the line from one of the little friends saying "maybe Bloo isn't a baby, but he sure is a doo-doo head." That was kinda cute hearing that. I also liked Scrappy.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #40
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I'd say a B- or a C+ is my rating. This episode seemed to be very "Foster's" like, the plot is pretty much getting back to the basic stuff we all see and heard about before. This wasn't a really original or extravagant plot idea and things just seemed to be pretty average, but this wasn't totally predictably boring.

Despite the obvious moral lesson thing, it was worth it to see Eduardo go through some of Bloo's antics and take credit for them, ESPECIALLY the Deo ad. Ironic that Bloo's jack ass moments make for excellent nursery school stories. I liked the fact we got a focus on the friends this time and not just Mac and Bloo.

Jackie Khones has certainly become the new top side character dog, he's been appearing constantly and even his bizarre love for sandwiches is becoming an iconic trademark of his. I'm actually surprised Bloo would want to do paint ball, they hurt like freaking HELL! I'm amazed those kiddie IFs didn't burst with tears.

Paint ball is not like playing dodge ball, that is a much higher risk game to play. And I know it's not really important but I totally agree with Cass about Frankie. I practically was going "Awwwww" when I saw Frankie comfort Ed like that. It was so cute and sweet, it's been so long since we've seen her be comforting.

Truth be told, Scrappy started to piss me off after a while. He looked like an old paperboy from a Dick Tracy movie or something and even if that was his gimmick, it got old real fast after hearing him butcher the English language with every other word he said in that annoying fake sounding NY language.

Not sure if that's "NY language" actually or what you call it but you know what I mean. He just wasn't that interesting or enjoyable to watch, I'd rather like to see more of those cute IF babies talk and do some more but that's just me. So yeah, tiny above average episode, not bad but not really special either.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote